Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
Congrats for your Phantom, kosem. That's owesome! Post your video
Thanks Bangko'!
Yes it's indeed a wonderful machine and by far the best present I offered to myself for decades! To say the truth I'm in love with this beauty....! (my bank and my wife much less..)
I don't want to hack this thread with the Phantom and I wish I could open a thread in "our" forum ( the Phantom is just a bit bigger than the Hoten X and still belongs to the mini-midi category IMO) but there is already a long and interesting one in the Multirotor Talk forum.
Despite that, I believe it could be interesting to talk about the Phantom here for people like us who come from the micro/mini quads vs. guys that already have a solid knowledge of sophisticated multirotors and thus have a completely different approach of the Phantom.
In another hand I don't want to appear like showing off with this expensive toy so I'll probably let someone else opening the ball.
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:04 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,510 Posts
Hi K,
Glad you are happy with it but this is the wrong forum and thread for that. A $600 multicopter @1000g with a 35cm diameter is way too huge The good thing is that it will be easy to see when it gets stuck in a tree Thanks for the link though

Now back to the on-topic great MO deal Hubsan X4 micro quad
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 24, 2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:17 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,337 Posts
@craigiri
My advice...while you are looking for a US source. Go ahead and place an order at Banggood for the 6043 motor. It's relatively cheap. $4.29 for a pair.

SH 6043 Remote Control Ladybug Spare Parts Motor A B

Or you can get the one listed as Hubsan X4 ($2.89ea):
7mm Hollow Cup Motor for Hubsan x4 Walkera Ladybird / Ladybird V2 Quadcopter

Each day you spend finding a cheap US source is another day the Banggood order is traveling to you.

Do let us know if you find a US retailer for a decent price. I think MassiveRC has motors for $4? Not too bad.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:49 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,071 Posts
Hey guys, I just got a request for a BNF Super Glue Special. Our margin on these is so low that we really can't do much better on pricing. What we can do is ship the quad in our new quad boxes sans remote and First Class postage to PA was only $2 for the 5 ounce package. Adding accessories to bring the weight to a max of 12 ounces only inceased shipping cost to ~$3.

I just did the same scenario to San Diego and the prices came out the same. So any BNF sent First Class and kept under 13 ounces would cost a maximum of $3 to ship if you threw in accessories with the order.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:13 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,337 Posts
Perhaps you can pull out and sell the transceiver module in the Hubsan TX. For the Devo and other users who need it. Put it up on ebay. I'm sure someone somewhere is looking. And it'll be cheap to ship too.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:29 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Mass,

The Post Lady brought me the X4 goodies from you guys today and everythigs perfect, except for one missing item......

THE CANDY !!!!!

I'm pretty sure Stonecutter is responsiable for this oversight and will soon be in possession of MY candy. He's using an old Jedi mind trick in his vid's, I'm sure of it.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:33 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Oh,

The next time I order from you guys you need to throw-in a half dozen of your business cards into the box. I've already given away 2 out of the 3 cards I have to people who were impressed by the V202 and X4.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:42 PM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Well guys, you were wondering what was up with our Hubsans............half of them were damaged in manufacturing. One or more of the motor pods have cracks as seen here:

It's cosmetic once you fix the cracks with super glue, but we're discounting them 10% as well as throwing in a body shell kit. They are still flight tested and also come with the rubber feet we purchased. Here's the link for the

Super Glue Special
does this body shell kit come with the part that is cracked on these?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:47 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,337 Posts
The extra body kit comes with the entire fuselage. It's a complete replacement.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Mass,

The Post Lady brought me the X4 goodies from you guys today and everythigs perfect, except for one missing item......

THE CANDY !!!!!

I'm pretty sure Stonecutter is responsiable for this oversight and will soon be in possession of MY candy. He's using an old Jedi mind trick in his vid's, I'm sure of it.

Oh,

The next time I order from you guys you need to throw-in a half dozen of your business cards into the box. I've already given away 2 out of the 3 cards I have to people who were impressed by the V202 and X4.

-Pat
Sorry Pat, had 18 orders that day. We actually had to reopen some packages to stuff candy in em but obviously missed one We'll throw some cards in the next order............just reordered cards 2 weeks ago and we're halfway through that lot (500 card order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
does this body shell kit come with the part that is cracked on these?
As Daryoon said it's a completely new body, upper and lower shell, you will have to solder however to replace it. Really though, the majority of people will just use super glue and save the spare shell for when they really screw up and crash their X4 hard, breaking an arm or something more substantial.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:45 AM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
945 Posts
MO,

Just saw your $15 tab (as a new product on your site) while tracking my shipments. What a great idea... I'll bet your the only quadcopter seller with a Lay-A-Way plan.
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:52 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,071 Posts
The Capri-Sun item was getting lonely so I had to throw another tongue-in-cheek item. Actually if I can get the module working correctly, we'll do gift certificates. I know we missed out on some sales because people were buying for loved ones and didn't know what to buy them.

Oh yeah, guys if have the time, could you fill out the comments section on items you've bought..........good or bad we appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:25 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,144 Posts
MO,
I didn't get any candy with my last shipment. My other shipment from you will be here today and that will be the big test for candy.
skipper1 is online now Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:39 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,071 Posts
MassiveRC sincerely apologizes for the recent lack of carb confection. We assure you that each quad is sufficiently fed prior to shipping. The sustenance that's normally provided is only a supplement for their journey and they can survive without it if necessary.

Please note that propellors, motors, LiPos, cameras, and other items are inanimate objects and don't require this feeding, hence it will not be provided.

Sincerely,

MassiveRC staff (btw it's all James' fault )
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:47 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,249 Posts
Well, I'll probably get my super glue special early next week, if I get more than one candy, I'll make sure to send one to Pat.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter