Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:15 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondside View Post
It's Worcester, not Worchester.... LOL

Question, where can you get the leads to charge multi batts, these USB chargers take too long.

BD
It's funny, when I was in London on a high school trip I mispronounced Leicester as 'Lie Chester' and some Brit gave me a berating........'You Americans.....blah blah blah'

What is this charging problem you speak of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. The plugs in the usb charger are the female end, just like the plug on the quad. You could just un solder them from the charge board and make your own cable. something like the Hyperion parallel charge boards would be nice. I have one of those for my MsrX bats, and I can charge 6 at once in about 45 min. Hey MO, do you have any extra usb chargers for the v202 lying around?
We have another order that we're going to put through right before the Chinese New Year, where we're going to order some V202 chargers, but nothing extra right now Best we can do are the Mini Pet chargers.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Do the mini pet chargers have the same plug as the V202?
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,776 Posts
Just about all the micro quads on 1S use the same Walkera\Micro Losi connector. Some quads like the Helimax 1SQ uses the same connector with the polarity reversed. The Mini Pet chargers charge to about 4.35V vs the WL Toys, which charges to ~4.15V

With the Mini Pet chargers, I haven't experienced any puffing or overheating. but if you're worried about overcharging, time how long it takes for the charging light to go out and subtract 15 minutes. It's usually 45 minutes
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Thanks MO. I'll try to find those connectors.

Edit:
I just placed and order for this http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=410 Should dot the trick for using my accucell 6.
Last edited by SlyKYFox; Jan 04, 2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:23 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post

What is this charging problem you speak of?

Now that is just awesome!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:36 AM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
I've been using both chargers, the 1SQ charges to 4.17V, the MP to 4.35V but takes an additional 20 min. No puffing, what is, and where did you get the charger, (10 at a time)?

BD

Quote:
Just about all the micro quads on 1S use the same Walkera\Micro Losi connector. Some quads like the Helimax 1SQ uses the same connector with the polarity reversed. The Mini Pet chargers charge to about 4.35V vs the WL Toys, which charges to ~4.15V

With the Mini Pet chargers, I haven't experienced any puffing or overheating. but if you're worried about overcharging, time how long it takes for the charging light to go out and subtract 15 minutes. It's usually 45 minutes
pondside is offline Find More Posts by pondside
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:33 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,776 Posts
Hey BD, I got the charger from Newegg.com. It's a Rosewill, which is Newegg's rebrand, and I got it for like $30-40, but the other ones similar are now over $100:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1JM0FS5171

How about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817474012
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:41 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
A buddy put in an order last night and ordered my 5 Losi connectors, I'll wire them to my Sky Charger and that should work.

Thanks,

BD

Quote:
Hey BD, I got the charger from Newegg.com. It's a Rosewill, which is Newegg's rebrand, and I got it for like $30-40, but the other ones similar are now over $100:

How about this one?

pondside is offline Find More Posts by pondside
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:21 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,644 Posts
Quote:

How about this one?

LOL!!! Uber USB chargers!

I use my Thunderpower AC6 with parallel charge rigs. I got a multi-JST pigtail plug for my AC6 and then I built a bunch of JST to Walkera (Loci) plugs with parts that I got from my LHS and RCConnectors.com

Now I just charge all my 300mAh batteries at the same time. I still need to put them into storage charge one at a time but that'll change when my serial 3-port JST plug gets here and I can use the balance port.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:53 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,180 Posts
Massive, could the USB hub supply 3.0A of total current? That's a lot of ports on one hub! How's the charge time on these when you hook 10 up like that?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:14 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
903 Posts
double charger turned into single and back to double

WLtoy charger issue continued until the right side was totally nonfunctional. This of course caused me to perform exploratory surgery with a complete case-ectomy. I found each of the male connectors were loose and pushed back from the board. One of the male prongs on the right side had slid back in the connector. I re-anastomosed the connectors and the board with a judicious application of hot glue. My problem is solved... at least for now.
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
Last edited by gentle ben; Jan 05, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,776 Posts
HP, that pictured I showed, I actually let all those batteries charge up for today's outing with Bill. All the batteries were charged within the hour and the lights pretty much went out within 5minutes of each other.

The AC adapter and back of the USB hub both show 4.A rating.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:41 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
WLtoy charger issue continued until the right side was totally nonfunctional. This of course caused me to perform exploratory surgery with a complete case-ectomy. I found each of the male connectors were loose and pushed back from the board. One of the male prongs on the right side had slid back in the connector. I re-anastomosed the connectors and the board with a judicious application of hot glue. My problem is solved... at least for now.
Sorry Ben, the routine now for RX battery connectors and WL Toys charger is to tweak the male pins towards the open side of the connector, which not only seems to ease battery insertion, but seems to make better contact.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:58 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
903 Posts
Quote:
Sorry Ben, the routine now for RX battery connectors and WL Toys charger is to tweak the male pins towards the open side of the connector, which not only seems to ease battery insertion, but seems to make better contact.
My right charger connector was alway slightly loose in the case. I did that tweak as soon as you posted it. It worked for a few days and then it was off and on. Then completely nonfunctional. I repeated but no help and perhaps I caused the loosening...most likely. I changed the angle and position of the connectors slightly before the hot glue. They are solid and working like a charm.
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I had the same problem, except it was the left side. I ended up cutting the heat shrink off the bat. so the plug would snap into the charger. works great now.