SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:57 AM
The Future Holds.......
United States, CA, Pomona
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
So Which Turnigy Lipo for V202

I ordered from Massive. Thanks in advanced. So which batters has every one tried to stuff in the stock holder and which batters can I just cut that stock holder off to get wicked long fligh times while still maintain most of my performance.
SSRMetropolis is offline Find More Posts by SSRMetropolis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:16 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRMetropolis View Post
I ordered from Massive. Thanks in advanced. So which batters has every one tried to stuff in the stock holder and which batters can I just cut that stock holder off to get wicked long fligh times while still maintain most of my performance.
Welcome to the forums SSR, we're honored to have your first post in our thread

You'll need strips of foam in the battery holder to snug up Turnigy batteries. The MP battery fits perfectly, better than the supplied 25C cells, which are slightly thicker and not as wide as the MP.

Surprisingly the V202 is about a gram heavier than the Mini Pet......I have to laugh here as when I told James this he was surprised and his comment was "Flying the Mini Pet is like flying Dumbo through the air"

Oh yeah, speaking of the Mini Pet. Sales of it hasn't taken off like the V202, and we're sure alot of it has to do with peeps not liking cute canopies, so we've ordered a bunch of the more manly-looking V2 canopies.

Once they're in, you'll be able to order a Mini Pet with the V2 canopy, which looks like this:

Following with the manly trend we may rename the Mini Pet to something like Super Mean Tough Quad or the Chuck Norris quad
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:39 AM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
405 Posts
Or just rename them Penthouse Pets in a new thread and see how many hundreds of views it gets
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:12 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,990 Posts
Here's how you can beef up your Mini Pet's weak point, the battery tray:

If you don't have access to carbon rod, just find a toothpick, cut to size and super glue it in place:

Both sides done:

Sharpie treatment:

An added benefit is there's just a little less flex at the booms.

So you wanted to know if the Scorpion canopy will fit other quads eh?

Just use a hole punch to relocate the existing holes forward (I would even go more forward than in this picture):

Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:30 PM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
405 Posts
I would wrap some sewing thread around both then CA as it may crack off when flexed
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:33 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFM View Post
I would wrap some sewing thread around both then CA as it may crack off when flexed
Good idea
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:11 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,990 Posts
Just want to let you guys know that getting additional lipos is really becoming a chore. Customs likes to rip apart orders looking for these and Banggood's earlier fiasco was probably due to even the stock quantity lipos not being installed in the quads. That being said, we just made a purchase of 500 of the 25C WL Toys lipos while we can still get them. They'll be priced at about $4

We'll put most of these up for sale but may reserve a portion as stock for our quads as we can't afford Chinese customs ripping apart our orders anymore. Prices on lipos may go up as a result.

FYI, if you want more punch, use the 25C or Turnigys. If you want longer flight times, use the Mini Pets lipos. Higher C usually means lower flight times (unless you're disciplined enough to go miserly on the throttle).
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:55 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Just want to let you guys know that getting additional lipos is really becoming a chore. Customs likes to rip apart orders looking for these and Banggood's earlier fiasco was probably due to even the stock quantity lipos not being installed in the quads. That being said, we just made a purchase of 500 of the 25C WL Toys lipos while we can still get them. They'll be priced at about $4

We'll put most of these up for sale but may reserve a portion as stock for our quads as we can't afford Chinese customs ripping apart our orders anymore. Prices on lipos may go up as a result.

FYI, if you want more punch, use the 25C or Turnigys. If you want longer flight times, use the Mini Pets lipos. Higher C usually means lower flight times (unless you're disciplined enough to go miserly on the throttle).
Does that mean you won't be getting any more NT 300 mAh 45C's?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:08 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,990 Posts
We'll keep ordering those as long as they're available. We haven't had any issues getting those and we only order those alone, not with any other product, so risk is minimal and Hobby King seems to have a good routing plan to minimize hassles.

I have heard they are being discontinued and hope it's just a rumor. We are looking at a lipo vendor to make us our own brand......obviously the battery would have be as good or better than our best stock battery.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:01 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
We have an indoor flying session every Friday at an indoor soccer field about 15-20 people each week. I flew my Mini Pet and had a lot of interest, I would get it to a hover, and hand the TX to people and they couldn't believe how easy it was to fly!! I was doing flips, side to side, front to back, everyone wanted to know where to get one, once they heard the price! Massive RC says I, fast delivery, and great service! Cheap parts in stock.

BD
pondside is offline Find More Posts by pondside
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondside View Post
We have an indoor flying session every Friday at an indoor soccer field about 15-20 people each week. I flew my Mini Pet and had a lot of interest, I would get it to a hover, and hand the TX to people and they couldn't believe how easy it was to fly!! I was doing flips, side to side, front to back, everyone wanted to know where to get one, once they heard the price! Massive RC says I, fast delivery, and great service! Cheap parts in stock.

BD
Just received an order from Worchester....thanks BD!

You know, since the MP was selling so slow I wasn't too sure if we would make another order, especially because it's not the best performing quad. Not everyone wants to go a bazillion miles an hour or take on 20mph winds, and actually like leisurely flight. The MP is a really nice beginners quad, not just because of its stability, but also because all the parts are user-replaceable without soldering.

I think when they're sold out we will make another order, maybe just not so big. I'm still trying to get the manufacturer to enable the flip button in beginner mode and disable the manual flip.

We already ordered more props, the new V2 canopies, and a crap load of motor protectors (for use on other quads). Hopefully they'll be here within 2 weeks.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:47 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
It's Worcester, not Worchester.... LOL

Quote:

You know, since the MP was selling so slow I wasn't too sure if we would make another order, especially because it's not the best performing quad. Not everyone wants to go a bazillion miles an hour or take on 20mph winds, and actually like leisurely flight. The MP is a really nice beginners quad, not just because of its stability, but also because all the parts are user-replaceable without soldering.

I think when they're sold out we will make another order, maybe just not so big. I'm still trying to get the manufacturer to enable the flip button in beginner mode and disable the manual flip.

We already ordered more props, the new V2 canopies, and a crap load of motor protectors (for use on other quads). Hopefully they'll be here within 2 weeks.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:05 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
Question, where can you get the leads to charge multi batts, these USB chargers take too long.

BD

Quote:

Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:20 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondside View Post
Question, where can you get the leads to charge multi batts, these USB chargers take too long.

BD
I was just thinking the same thing. The plugs in the usb charger are the female end, just like the plug on the quad. You could just un solder them from the charge board and make your own cable. something like the Hyperion parallel charge boards would be nice. I have one of those for my MsrX bats, and I can charge 6 at once in about 45 min. Hey MO, do you have any extra usb chargers for the v202 lying around?
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:22 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,237 Posts
Quote:

Another thing about the MP is that you'll never have to replace the booms.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter