HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:03 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,028 Posts
@RCCrashTestDummy

At the risk of being viewed as lazy, I'm going to concur 100% with Massive.

His run down is spot on.

If there is anything I can add, it would be that with the LB props and a 9x radio, the H36 is viable indoors. But if indoors is your primary function, all the other copters all are better suited.

I think the V202 has the nicest radio, and since you can set it to 20%, maybe the easiest to give to a visitor.

If you've seen any of the video's I posted, you'll notice me pile driving the H36 into closet doors, garage doors, trees, concrete etc. 40mph crack ups if I ever seen one. And the result is no damage. So it's very robust. The V202 is built pretty much the same and seems just as indestructible. The boom and canopy design seems to be a very good design for longevity.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:06 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,063 Posts
Thanks for that summary Massive.

With the v202, WLToys dropped T9x compatibility right?

So only the v939 and H36 retain the compatibility. I wonder how the H36 flies with a T9x and whether the range issue you mention gets resolved.

I found the Syma X1 to be a mushy flyer with the stock TX. But bound to a T9x, it became a different quad entirely.

I don't think you carry or intend on carrying any H36 boards?

Edit to add:
@cyberbillp: Thanks for the comment on H36 bound to the T9x.

One more thing. My personal preference is a more twitchy flying quad. For sports flying since where the programming doesn't get in the way of that. What is disconcerting about the H36 is Massive's comment that it doesn't bank very well. I do intend on using the Mini Pet or MJX X100 props instead of the H36 props.

Perhaps I should await RoboHeli's comment, because he probably has the most similar experience to me.
  • T9x with er9x
  • Flies Nano CP X
  • Flies 9958VRX
  • Flies MSR
  • Enjoys his 9958
  • Flies V929
  • Has Syma X1

and now has the H36 with Mini Pet props.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Jan 02, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:59 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,168 Posts
Yeah, Robo, my eyes are on you, too. No pressure.

I like the sound of H36. The fast acceleration that Massive pointed out could be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing. But with its T9x compatibility, I'm reading that I could leave it at crazy fast, or dial it down with Expo, right?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:10 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
@Massive

Wow! That was a very clear, well thought-out response. Thank you for taking the time to do so. The fact that Bill pretty much agrees all the way down the line only adds credit to your response. Thank you both. As for you James and your lack of response...well shame on you! Hahahahahaa, just kidding man. Don't you know this is the internet and we demand instant answers no matter where you’re at and what time it is? LMAO!

Well, after reading this I think my decision to buy a 2nd V202 as my 3rd Mini may be the wise move. I'll wait on a second X4 for now and maybe pick-up an extra body or 2 when MassiveRC gets them in as back-up. If for whatever reason I wind-up liking the X4 over the V202 and can keep it in parts, I'll pick-up a 2nd from you guys.

Mass, I'll swing by the bank at lunch, maybe sooner, and then place my order. You can keep the black props as I plan to run orange on the front and green on the back. This will match my Armattan M700 Quad and should make for some good practice/stick time. I already have 5 sets of green props, 5 sets of orange, and few extra canopies’ coming from you guys and I'll probably add a few more to this order as well.

Thanks again for all of your help,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:24 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Yep, V202 isn't compatible.

I'm willing to bet he H36 doesn't have a range problem with non-stock TX's

The spare boards weren't available at the time and pictures we were sent show motor plugs. Unfortunately the H36's we received didn't come with motor plugs. The best we could do for a BNF is to ship it without remote to save on shipping, which would be $5.15 for priority (possibly less with our new boxes coming in).

The H36 seems to lose too much altitude with banking.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:26 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Hey Pat, I'll start prepping a V202 for ya. I'll hold off going to the Post Office 'till 3:00 to give ya some time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:33 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Hey guys, we just ordered 600 sets of these:

We're getting the rubber inserts but we're pushing hard for the silver cups as well.

In addition, we were wrong...................quads aren't the next Elmo, this is:

For me it will depend on how well the "Horse World RC" hovers hands off...

Ben
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Hey Pat, I'll start prepping a V202 for ya. I'll hold off going to the Post Office 'till 3:00 to give ya some time.
DOH! I may just be a few minutes late....

Order placed my friend. It did charge me $10.85 for shipping though??? I thought we were in the $5-7 range? Oh well, some extra parts never hurt...Hahahahaa.

Gotta run, just jumped-on for a sec....Back to work for the moment. Peace!
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
DOH! I may just be a few minutes late....

Order placed my friend. It did charge me $10.85 for shipping though??? I thought we were in the $5-7 range? Oh well, some extra parts never hurt...Hahahahaa.

Gotta run, just jumped-on for a sec....Back to work for the moment. Peace!
Hey Crash, PO closes at 5:00 but I'll send it out first thing tommorrow AM. When we weigh the package, we'll refund you the difference. It still may make it by Saturday, but you are on the opposite coast so we'll cross our fingers.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:20 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Hey Crash, PO closes at 5:00 but I'll send it out first thing tommorrow AM. When we weigh the package, we'll refund you the difference. It still may make it by Saturday, but you are on the opposite coast so we'll cross our fingers.
No worries brother, I'm just happy to know that I'll be buzzing away early next week at the latest. BTW, I'm totally digging the fact that it will be test flown eliminating any chance of getting a lemon and causing further delay. It honestly was one of the things that really sealed the deal for me.

EDIT I'll tell you what Mass....I just noticed your heat shrink mod on the LED's and like it a lot. If you're willing to make that mod on mine/have the time to do so, I say we call it even and don't worry about the refund. What do you think?

Keep up the good work!

-Pat
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Jan 02, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:55 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
No worries brother, I'm just happy to know that I'll be buzzing away early next week at the latest. BTW, I'm totally digging the fact that it will be test flown eliminating any chance of getting a lemon and causing further delay. It honestly was one of the things that really sealed the deal for me.

EDIT I'll tell you what Mass....I just noticed your heat shrink mod on the LED's and like it a lot. If you're willing to make that mod on mine/have the time to do so, I say we call it even and don't worry about the refund. What do you think?

Keep up the good work!

-Pat
OK Pat, consider it done
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:13 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
OK Pat, consider it done
You're the best man!

-Pat
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,028 Posts
About the radio range on the H36:

This is untested, but just going by experience here.....

The H36 comes with the RX antenna wire laying alongside one of it's carbon arms. The problem with this is; the carbon arm is conductive and surely shields the antenna when it gets between the TX and the antenna. Not to mention the dead zone off the end of the antenna.

There are two ways to fix this. Either punch a hole in the canopy and run the antenna straight up, or go the other way and bend it straight down under the quad.

So.... I'm just postulating here, but it worked in other cases for me to get the antenna straight and it increased my range immensely. It should work the same on this quad.

Just as a sidebar, I've not flown the H36 beyond radio range yet, though I've only used the stock TX on the first day. Used the 9x from then on. It is possible the antenna in the stock TX is horizontal... Hmmm. That won't fix the dead cone on the end of the RX antenna though. I say point it straight up or down to get the best range if you have problems.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:19 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Yeah, Robo, my eyes are on you, too. No pressure.

I like the sound of H36. The fast acceleration that Massive pointed out could be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing. But with its T9x compatibility, I'm reading that I could leave it at crazy fast, or dial it down with Expo, right?
ROFL! Guys, I'm swamped with new arrivals.

Syma X1
GW 9938
GW 9968 (diagnosing a bad tail motor now)
H36

I've just flown the H36 for a quick 5-6 second hover and it's smooth and quiet. It's cold and snowy now where I live and so I'm not going to be going outside anytime soon to fly anything. My only hope is to get into a gym somewhere so that I can really open these little guys up and try them out.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:50 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,168 Posts
Robo, don't forget to add: Running the msrx help desk. LOL
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad