HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila View Post
Just placed an order for the V202 and some spares......

This is so nice to be able to order stuff in the states and have it at my door within days!

Keep up the good work MO!
and now cheaper as well Thanks JW

Quote:
Originally Posted by heligeek View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed already. Does the V202 have to be rebound to the TX each time like the V939?
If you're talking in general, yes, and I believe that's the routine for all micro quads or at least those that come with their own transmitter. Now if you're talking rebinding to Turnigy 9X, it's not compatible with that protocol.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:01 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,699 Posts
Fun afternoon with the MP in the park. For his second time with it at the Park my Son showed significant improvement. Even my wife which could care less for anything with a prop on said: that "thing" is cool (translation: "Man, that thing flies awesome"). Eventually we had to leave as the park was closing and the MP refused to get off the ground. I just finished troubleshooting it to realize that the wrong flight mode was selected (i think will put electrical tape on it to lock it in place) plus I had two wrong props on. I completely forgot that even within the yellow/black props there are props for different rotations .

We tried the "flip" mode for the first time. Some were really cool. Some ended up with a flip straight to the ground... Need to practice more perhaps.

One of the motor clips which holds MO's inventive guards broke off. I CA'd it back in so will see if it will hold.

I think the Tx is out of whack tough. The display flickers rapidly between the CH and the power display. For example, it will show "3" then "4" then "3", etc' for the CH non-stop. Also, the power setting flickers random numbers within very close succession. Similarly, the Throttle can be at zero but the display will show 50%. I am not sure if that makes sense, I can post a video of it if it doesn't.
I just went through a few batts to see if it has affect on flying. It was kind of weird. Perhaps erratic. If you are on the ground and the flicking occur it will be hard to take off straight up. If you are up in the air already it may wobble or sway in one direction. Also, it has almost no authority right (but all other directions works fine). Binding also seems to take a handful of attempts. The TX Battery Meter shows 3 bars.

Have you guys experienced anything like that?

We will take it for another spin tomorrow with freshly charged batts and lets see
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
I think the Tx is out of whack tough. The display flickers rapidly between the CH and the power display. For example, it will show "3" then "4" then "3", etc' for the CH non-stop. Also, the power setting flickers random numbers within very close succession. Similarly, the Throttle can be at zero but the display will show 50%. I am not sure if that makes sense, I can post a video of it if it doesn't.
I just went through a few batts to see if it has affect on flying. It was kind of weird. Perhaps erratic. If you are on the ground and the flicking occur it will be hard to take off straight up. If you are up in the air already it may wobble or sway in one direction. Also, it has almost no authority right (but all other directions works fine). Binding also seems to take a handful of attempts. The TX Battery Meter shows 3 bars.
Arnav, is this while flying the Mini Pet or just sitting idle? The display is going to show the percentage throw for the last control that was used. For instance, if you reduce throttle to zero and then touch the right stick at all and let it return to center, the display is going to show 50% and the last channel that was used. Touch throttle again and return it to zero and the display will show zero.

It's possible one of the potentiometers may be going bad or a loose connector.

If you pop the 6 screws off the back of the TX and remove the back cover, you'll see 3 plugs that come from the control stick potentiometers. See if any are loose. The middle plug is one that goes to the right stick.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:46 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,699 Posts
While sitting idle the display just goes crazy like that.

Ok, I will make a "Tx open heart surgery" tomorrow. What you say actually makes sense. That may explain the lack of affective right banking ability (tough doesn't explain why the channels flicker but lets see once I open it up).
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:44 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
Been flying the 1SQ and the Mini Pet (HJ-997) and they fly equally well, tried mounting the 808-16 key chain cam, (19 gr) and both will carry it to my suprise!
The Mini pet = 36 gr,
1SQ = 35 gr
Now, I need to make sure I don't mix up the batteries, reversed polarity, don't cha know. Any one know what happens if you do?

BD
pondside is offline Find More Posts by pondside
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
You'll most likely smoke the capacitor\resistor whatever the square thing is right at the leads, but after scraping away the burnt material, you just may bring it back to life. Frankly if I were a 1SQ owner, I would swap the polarity to match all my other quads just so there can't be any mistakes.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:30 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
Well for now I will use green sharpi to mark all the MP's and red for the 1SQ's

Thanks MO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
You'll most likely smoke the capacitor\resistor whatever the square thing is right at the leads, but after scraping away the burnt material, you just may bring it back to life. Frankly if I were a 1SQ owner, I would swap the polarity to match all my other quads just so there can't be any mistakes.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:08 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondside View Post

Now, I need to make sure I don't mix up the batteries, reversed polarity, don't cha know. Any one know what happens if you do?

BD
I plugged in a lipo with reversed polarity on my MJX X100 (same FC Board as Mini Pet) and I fried the capacitor and melted the Battery (lipo) leads off the board. It made quite a bit of smoke so I didn't bother trying to resurrect it. I just ordered a new FC Board (from Massive RC, great service, fast shipping, and great price!) and installed it and now I'm much more careful about battery polarity! Lesson learned.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:50 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
Never uploaded videos before, but here's is a video of my mini pet carrying a 808-16 keychain cam

Mini Pet (0 min 43 sec)

BD
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Very nice BD, I can't wait to get our hands on these. Quality seems so much better than your generic 808.

This is our video with the generic 808. Lighting always sucks at my house so it makes the condition worse (I know, how can you have lighting problems in FL?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g3q-Aj2fKss
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:50 AM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
Here's a link for info on this cam, start with message #1 to #5
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...56994&page=798
True 780 P HD with firm ware updates with many options, good deal for around $45

BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Very nice BD, I can't wait to get our hands on these. Quality seems so much better than your generic 808.

This is our video with the generic 808. Lighting always sucks at my house so it makes the condition worse (I know, how can you have lighting problems in FL?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g3q-Aj2fKss
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
We're actually going to be carrying them BD and continue on the tradition of 'listen to the customers wishes'

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796046

Also guys I've updated our tips and trick page (scroll down) starting at 'Maintenance':

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...ideos-and-tips
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Dec 30, 2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:39 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
I just stop by your thread guys, to say one thing as veteran micro quad flyer to all the lurkers

Buy H36 with confidence ! It flies very good, imho better than V939.

I tested head-to-head on the day H36 arrived with fresh V939 out of box and it's just more stable, doesn't tumble on hard banking.

Ideal would be even lighter H36 with SMD led's all around
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:08 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Thanks Shafter

OK guys this is what the quads will be packed in, which will then go inside the USPS 7x7x6 box that the transmitters are packed in:

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...rature-Mailers
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Just talked to our supplier and our Hubsan X4's should be shipping to us on the 2nd or 3rd, so that means usually a week's time since these are retail boxed and Chinese customs shouldn't be so much of a hassle.
Site Sponsor