HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:56 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,783 Posts
Got the MP replacement board a few days back. Thanks! putting it all back together again today was a piece of cake. Of course count on me to lose the those small screws that secure it but luckily I had other ones that fit right in.
Nice to have it back to life again. After flying Planes all day, and after not having it operational for a few days, it was a pleasure seeing how stable and how it just hovers effortlessly in your living room (in a mini-miraculous sort of a way).

Of course also count on me to put it all back together with the battery opening oriented the wrong way (side to side, as oppose to front to back where the antenna is). I didn't notice any adverse affects, but if you think I should rotate it back please let me know...

I am looking forward for more fun with it tomorrow....
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:56 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Got the MP replacement board a few days back. Thanks! putting it all back together again today was a piece of cake. Of course count on me to lose the those small screws that secure it but luckily I had other ones that fit right in.
Nice to have it back to life again. After flying Planes all day, and after not having it operational for a few days, it was a pleasure seeing how stable and how it just hovers effortlessly in your living room (in a mini-miraculous sort of a way).

Of course also count on me to put it all back together with the battery opening oriented the wrong way (side to side, as oppose to front to back where the antenna is). I didn't notice any adverse affects, but if you think I should rotate it back please let me know...

I am looking forward for more fun with it tomorrow....
Hey Arnav, been there done that Glad she's back in the air. The only drawback I can see is that in a crash the battery holder's sides are the weak point and now that weak is exposed to the direction of most crashes (well at least in my case). It shouldn't affect flight being turned 90 degrees though.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Dec 27, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:00 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
It should affect flight being turned 90 degrees though.
I believe you meant to say "it should not affect flight."
Unless I'm missing something?

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
I believe you meant to say "it should not affect flight."
Unless I'm missing something?

Gerard.
Thanks Gerard..........that's what happens when you make posts at 1 AM
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:07 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,783 Posts
LOL, its all good. Thanks. I will see what its like and rotate it if it means the battery comes out more than it usually is...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,340 Posts
Actually I think the battery will come out less. You could cut some toothpicks to size and super glue them on each side of the battery holder rails to beef up that area.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:00 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,783 Posts
Yeah, I am trying to think about light weight ways to beef up that area to avoid battery ejections. Maybe the manufacturer can enhance the die to have a smaller version of an enclosure such as this for the base of the MP.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:18 AM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
MO and/or James, when I try to add the Micro Losi \ Walkera connector to my cart I am getting an error.
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeros View Post
MO and/or James, when I try to add the Micro Losi \ Walkera connector to my cart I am getting an error.
I removed the '/' from the description and replaced it with 'aka'. I'm betting that's what's scewing up the software. I'll take care of your order bud, the connector is on us, thanks.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:36 AM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I removed the '/' from the description and replaced it with 'aka'. I'm betting that's what's scewing up the software. I'll take care of your order bud, the connector is on us, thanks.
Awesome, you guys are great. It really is nice to have a US based dealer for these parts and not have to wait 5-6 weeks from China. Thanks again!
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:58 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
Got my MP today, ordered it Sunday, fastest delivery I ever had, even with Christmas. Sure wish I found your site before I spent $210 for two 1SQ's for myself and my son. Love the MP's lights! With the great customer service, you guys will go far!

BD
pondside is offline Find More Posts by pondside
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:03 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeros View Post
Awesome, you guys are great. It really is nice to have a US based dealer for these parts and not have to wait 5-6 weeks from China. Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondside View Post
Got my MP today, ordered it Sunday, fastest delivery I ever had, even with Christmas. With the great customer service, you guys will go far!

BD
+1 MO, keep this up and you guys might wanna think about asking for investors if you haven't already. Just make sure you let me know when you do.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondside View Post
Got my MP today, ordered it Sunday, fastest delivery I ever had, even with Christmas. Sure wish I found your site before I spent $210 for two 1SQ's for myself and my son. Love the MP's lights! With the great customer service, you guys will go far!

BD
Thanks BD, things are really picking up now that the word is getting out. We still need Facebook likes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
+1 MO, keep this up and you guys might wanna think about asking for investors if you haven't already. Just make sure you let me know when you do.
Actually our Hubsan order was bought with 1/3 investor money, but it was a former co-worker. Gave him 10% return in 3-4 months but there's no contract or anything, just my word to him and the safety of Escrow service.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:01 PM
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
147 Posts
Just placed an order for the V202 and some spares......

This is so nice to be able to order stuff in the states and have it at my door within days!

Keep up the good work MO!
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:03 PM
CB100, 4#6, V911, V939, V912
Modesto, CA
Joined Jan 2006
216 Posts
Not sure if this has been discussed already. Does the V202 have to be rebound to the TX each time like the V939?
heligeek is offline Find More Posts by heligeek