SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:43 PM
Orange County,CA
Joined Feb 2004
3 Posts
MCPX connectors vs Walkera? any difference

Quick question- I already have a half dozen batteries for my MCPX- and a 6 n1 parallel charger already with mcpx connectors so-

1. Would it hinder performance if I switched out all the minipet walkera style connectors to mcpx style? I like to keep things uniform and simple-

2. Also, Do you sell the turnigy 300s stock (with the mcpx regular connector still on?)

Thanks
oopsIvebeenhit is offline Find More Posts by oopsIvebeenhit
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:23 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsIvebeenhit View Post
Quick question- I already have a half dozen batteries for my MCPX- and a 6 n1 parallel charger already with mcpx connectors so-

1. Would it hinder performance if I switched out all the minipet walkera style connectors to mcpx style? I like to keep things uniform and simple-

2. Also, Do you sell the turnigy 300s stock (with the mcpx regular connector still on?)

Thanks
Sorry 'Crash' the Turnigy batteries we carry have the stock Walkera\Mini Losi connectors (polarity reversed unless otherwise requested), which I've grown fond of. I'm sure one connector style is probably rated to handle a certain current load, but other than getting the Walkera connectors apart, I haven't had a single issue with them properly engaging for power transfer.

I would see about making an adapter. With our V202 order that's coming this Thursday, we're getting a bunch of female connector leads that you could probably use to make an adapter.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:37 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
958 Posts
Got the nanotechs today after 2 days... Must be a direct pipeline up here. Takes 5 days from Chicago. Way to go with excellent service.

gb
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:15 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,488 Posts
MassiveOverkill, glad to see your business venture is doing well, I will probably be ordering from MassiveRc at some point. Was thinking I would like to get an H36 because of 9x compatibility, but then because I procrastinated and my internet was down for a week, I have the v202 coming for 26.68. I had decided on the 9th to cancel my order, but the internet at my house wasn't working well that day, when it came back on Friday, I had an e-mail from BG saying it had shipped, might see it sometime near the end of January, LOL. Since then I have been searching for a review on the V202 that I thought I read once, was thinking it might have been by you or JC, but can't find it again. If you don't mind, could you answer just one question, is it actually "6 axis" with 3 axis gyro and 3 accelometers? Keep up the good work, glad to see a fellow enthusiast in the business
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
Got the nanotechs today after 2 days... Must be a direct pipeline up here. Takes 5 days from Chicago. Way to go with excellent service.

gb
Thanks Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
MassiveOverkill, glad to see your business venture is doing well, I will probably be ordering from MassiveRc at some point. Was thinking I would like to get an H36 because of 9x compatibility, but then because I procrastinated and my internet was down for a week, I have the v202 coming for 26.68. I had decided on the 9th to cancel my order, but the internet at my house wasn't working well that day, when it came back on Friday, I had an e-mail from BG saying it had shipped, might see it sometime near the end of January, LOL. Since then I have been searching for a review on the V202 that I thought I read once, was thinking it might have been by you or JC, but can't find it again. If you don't mind, could you answer just one question, is it actually "6 axis" with 3 axis gyro and 3 accelometers? Keep up the good work, glad to see a fellow enthusiast in the business
Hey Sirius, neither of us have flown the V202 yet (even I jumped on the BG SNAFU), but we'll have our hands on it this Thursday and it is 6 axis with accelerometers vs the V939 which just had gyros. The videos out there look pretty impressive and I can't wait to see how it stacks up to the X4.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,488 Posts
Thanks. I look forward to a good review once you get your hands on the V202
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Ok. Made my big order just now. I added some extra chargers after my first order. Hopefully I will get everything by Xmas.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Ok. Made my big order just now. I added some extra chargers after my first order. Hopefully I will get everything by Xmas.
Making a special trip to the Post Office now
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Making a special trip to the Post Office now
You're a good man.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
You're a good man.
Thanks, unfortunately the drop box won't allow more than 13 ounces, so it was a wasted trip, but there's still 4 business days and it's 2-3 day shipping and TN isn't that far away, so I'm sure you'll have it by Christmas.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I thought you were kidding. No worries. That should be plenty of time.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:46 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
After a lot of searching, I found the source for the 808 #16 and we are thinking of carrying it (I bought 4 for myself!)...what do you guys think? We'll probably sell them (V2 with the 120 degree angle "D" lens) for around 44-45 ish...but that's without shipping (which will add about 2-5 dollars to that price)... you'll be able to get our great service and fast delivery speeds for just a very slightly higher price.

On ebay, they sell the same camera for 44 or so when shipped from HK, or 48 shipped from america (without the wide angle lens)
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Apr 2011
427 Posts
I tried something yesterday. I took apart an 808 #11, removed the battery and the case and VHB mounted the bare cktbd to the underside of my Ladybird FPV and flew it. It was very sluggish but it flew about 3 minutes. I just wondered if the Ladybird was capable of carrying that much weight. I too have a #16 and it takes pretty good looking video. Amazing for something that small.

While it is really too much weight for the Ladybug FPV, it might not be for the RC One. I'm definitely planning a micro fpv brushless 2S build when the aluminum tubing I ordered comes in, and using one of these as the flight recorder. I would like to buy a couple more of these cameras. So put me down for two or three when you stock them.

Kenny
midiman007 is offline Find More Posts by midiman007
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:51 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
After a lot of searching, I found the source for the 808 #16 and we are thinking of carrying it (I bought 4 for myself!)...what do you guys think? We'll probably sell them (V2 with the 120 degree angle "D" lens) for around 44-45 ish...but that's without shipping (which will add about 2-5 dollars to that price)... you'll be able to get our great service and fast delivery speeds for just a very slightly higher price.

On ebay, they sell the same camera for 44 or so when shipped from HK, or 48 shipped from america (without the wide angle lens)
Is the D lens the one that distorts the horizon? I'd be interested in other versions that doesn't distort the image, even if it's not as wide angle. (The width of the #11 is fine.) Price wise, I for one would be willing to pay a few extra bucks for US supplier and top notch service. Also, spare batteries would be something I'd be interested in as well.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:19 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
958 Posts
Romeo,

I just realized that your quad copter is the 1st aircraft that I can carry to flying field in my shirt pocket. The quad and spare batteries are completely hidden from sight. Am I to understand correctly that the V202 has arrived even though it is not up on your website?
I'm still waiting anxiously for the V202.

Ben
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben