Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:18 PM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
If by swapping you mean mating male plug of motor 1 to female of motor 2, etc. Then what you observed seems to point to a faulty board, I would suggest looking for obvious causes like a broken plug pin, bad solder connection, etc; before buying a new board.
hmm. This is what I did:
- The motors are plugged into 4 ports (corresponding to motor #1 through #4).
- The Motor connected to the left most port (say port 1) stopped working.
- I disconnected motor #1 and connected it to port #2 and motor #2 to port #1
- Now motor #1 was working fine while motor #2 didn't (while connected to port #1)
Suggesting it is the board....

Ok, i will disconnect the board and examine it...
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:40 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
He Arnav, being that your son is new to flight and was flying in 10 mph winds is proof that you can have fun with these things in windy conditions.
Definitely. I mean there are some people in my field that don't fly their gas Planes in 10mph...

Quote:
It does look like you may have a either a bad connection on the board or possibly a fried MOSFET. When did it happen, in mid-flight, after a crash, or after trying to start it up after binding?
Hard to say. Either in mid flight or after crash. Not after binding.

Quote:

Look for burnt components in this area:
I don't see or smell anything burnt.

Quote:
If you bind the MP on a flat surface, hold it in your hand, and while firmly holding the MP, throttle up just enough for the blades to start spinning, and then tilt the MP towards the non-working motor, does it still not spin up?
Yes, it still doesn't spin up.

Quote:
If you want to mail it back to me (just the Mini Pet), I can troubleshoot it.
Thanks so much! You guys are so good.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:53 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
"Variant, I've tried to get Amazon Checkout integrated, but it's like going through TSA with them."

No problem. Hopefully I can order in time next week.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:23 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,280 Posts
@ Aaron, cheers for the purchase... I'm from the OC area too and flew at the El Toro MCAS field before it turned into the OC great park. (Hopefully I'll get to move back some day)...Hope you enjoy flying the MP as much as we do.. let us know how it goes

@ Arnav, I know MO would do a good job of troubleshooting for you, hope you'll be able to get the mini pet flying asap!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:00 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,790 Posts
Sorry I missed your post Aaron, you should be receiving your package today.

Swapping polarity for Helimax quads. We'll play this one by ear. So far I've been able to convert all of the orders and retain the shrink wrap. The main problem is that the battery leads are so short, it's hard to get any leverage on the wire to pull it out of the connector, unlike the Turnigys which have just enough battery lead to make it really easy to swap.

If you are ordering Turnigys for your Helimax (or other heli\quad that has different polarity), make sure you let us know that you don't want the polarity reversed, otherwise they will go out with the leads swapped. Make sure you guys are don't forget your setup. One customer almost burned up his battery after forgetting that the polarity is different after trying to charge in on his aftermarket charger (easy mistake to do). We'll make up some paper tags to help you remember.

Those of you who've ordered accessories. Are you finding them packed sufficiently, not packed sufficiently, or Overkill?

Thanks.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:42 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,134 Posts
I was pleased with the way my lipo's were shipped using the cardboard plank and spacing the lipo's out across it. Never seen them shipped that way I liked it so much I now do the same thing when shipping small lipo's.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:31 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Apr 2002
435 Posts
New Quads ?

Hi MO...

I'm enjoying my MP a lot..it's a nice addition to my current mini-quad fleet..

The mini-quad market is really exploding and I want to move up to a larger platform such as the Hoten-X... maybe you could let us know what new (larger) quads you have an eye on carrying next year?

I have no real complaints against the off-shore dealers but I'd prefer to support smaller US dealers who are easily accessible such as MassiveRC.

TIA for any thoughts.

:harry
harrye is online now Find More Posts by harrye
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,790 Posts
Hey Harrye, you're the 2nd person to ask about the minis. We appreciate your support, but for us to carry the larger minis we have to be price competitive, which is going to be hard to do with the increasd shipping costs of the larger quads. I think the RC Eye One is a good compromise (which we're trying to get).
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:45 PM
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
Joined Jan 2007
134 Posts
Thumbs up -SUPERFAST SHIPPING 1 BIZ DAY COAST TO COAST!

Hey there.
Recieved my quad from you guys and FAST!.

FYI - I ordered online Friday afternoon, at 3pm WEST COAST TIME- ,
got a tracking # friday night, Saturday en route, Out for Delivery- Monday...
and was in my hands Monday afternoon...
That is FAST! considering its coming from FLORIDA, and I am on the West Coast! Sure beats overseas shipping!

I will set this under the xmas tree as a present to myself( oh and my son..)---so can't try it out till then.

Can anyone tell me if this binds to any other radios out there? Or is there any module or dongle solution like the helimax sq 1..so i can use this with my own transmitters. Nothing wrong with the RTF one included, but if I could use with my other radios,-that would be even better. ( hitec eclipse-spekltrum'ized or futaba 9z Assan'ized)
In the fast evolving mutating micro quad species, its hard for me to tell which ones share transmitters/rf protocols.
Thanks!
aaronstomfoolery is offline Find More Posts by aaronstomfoolery
Last edited by aaronstomfoolery; Dec 17, 2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: typos/clarity
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,790 Posts
Hey Aaron, glad it came so fast. It will only work with it's brother's transmitter, the MJX X100 as it's a proprietary protocol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:24 AM
Captain Jack
Joined Nov 2012
22 Posts
Which is the best battery for the 1SQ?
JackRickman is offline Find More Posts by JackRickman
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:43 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRickman View Post
Which is the best battery for the 1SQ?
If you're willing to use foam to take up slack in the battery compartment, the Turnigy 45-90C batteries are the best for any micro quad using the Walkera-style connector.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,790 Posts
Canadians, no more First Class orders until after Xmas please. I had to wait 30min in line only to get rejected for the lipo order (domestic isn't an issue). New rules state no more than 3 lipos per package, so if you order more than 3, we'll have to split up the order into 2 or more bubble packs. You can still order stuff via Priority.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:21 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,453 Posts
I received an email a few days ago from USPS titled "Sending international and military packages just got easier with Click-N-Ship on USPS.com"
Maybe they made some changes for the better... May be worth looking into...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
I received an email a few days ago from USPS titled "Sending international and military packages just got easier with Click-N-Ship on USPS.com"
Maybe they made some changes for the better... May be worth looking into...
Thanks for the heads-up. We'll be on the lookout for updated modules.
RCG Plus Member