to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:56 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Nice Variant.

I didn't design it. But a tshirt of some type is a good idea.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,869 Posts
MO - My buddy just ordered one from you today on my recommendation. Good luck with your retail venture
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Apr 2011
427 Posts
I just wanted to say that MassiveRC is a great place to get all the parts for these nano quads. They have decent shipping prices and very fast processing. I've made 2 orders from them so far and the stuff is shipped within a day or two, the next day usually, if it's ordered during the week. For people in the US, it's a breath of fresh air compared to the endless wait involved in getting things from places like HK. The Pet is also a nice little nano. My grandson and myself were outside yesterday, and he flipped the pet several times and was really happy with how it flew.
midiman007 is offline Find More Posts by midiman007
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:55 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Thanks TR and Midiman. Your support is greatly appreciated. We have some bad news though................we're almost out of Halloween candy
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Okay, been awhile since I've been on this forum, been super busy in my new role at work (doing IT, with some freedom, basically my dream job) but I just read through a few pages of this thread and I am so happy that you guys are doing well though I don't have money right now I plan on placing an order sometime early in the new year. Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you guys on your great success, I couldn't be happier that someone who started their business with the idea of helping us is doing so well. Thank you MO and James for being awesome
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Okay, been awhile since I've been on this forum, been super busy in my new role at work (doing IT, with some freedom, basically my dream job) but I just read through a few pages of this thread and I am so happy that you guys are doing well though I don't have money right now I plan on placing an order sometime early in the new year. Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you guys on your great success, I couldn't be happier that someone who started their business with the idea of helping us is doing so well. Thank you MO and James for being awesome
Thanks Skitchen. I'm perfectly content making half what I was in the corporate world. I never was a salesman, but it's alot easier to do when you're peddling products you actually believe in.

You'll have 3 (possibly 4-5) choices by the time you decide to buy. We're working on trying to get an entry-level boat as well.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
OK I'm frustrated. Well I was hoping to order two MP's as Xmas presents today, but am having trouble signing up for Paypal. Grrrrrr. I tried to link to my banking account today, but since I don't do online banking with my bank (and have no password) its going to take at least 2-3 days (so next week?) before they verify me. They have to make two $1 dollar deposits and then I have to confirm this, or something. I knew they'd be a catch. God, I hate dealing with Paypal. But its a got a monopoly on the internet. Whats the latest I can order and still get them by Xmas?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:37 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
OK I'm frustrated. Well I was hoping to order two MP's as Xmas presents today, but am having trouble signing up for Paypal. Grrrrrr. I tried to link to my banking account today, but since I don't do online banking with my bank (and have no password) its going to take at least 2-3 days (so next week?) before they verify me. They have to make two $1 dollar deposits and then I have to confirm this, or something. I knew they'd be a catch. God, I hate dealing with Paypal. But its a got a monopoly on the internet. Whats the latest I can order and still get them by Xmas?
I agree signing up for paypal at first seemed like a hassle, but once you have an account the convenience more than outweighs the initial frustration; especially if you buy stuff online regularly. Same thing with online banking. I'm sure you can work out something with MO to get your items in time. Good luck.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Variant, you don't have to sign up for a PayPal account. We can take your credit card payment without actually having a PayPal account. You'll still checkout through PayPal, but you'll enter your CC information as you would any other online checkout. Give it a try and let me know if you have any problems.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I have no credit card. I never like their late fees. That's why I usually just use Amazon gift cards to buy stuff online. Worked pretty well....until I got into quadcopters.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:14 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,699 Posts
Just got back from chaperoning my Son flying his MP at 10mph winds. First time outdoors. Needless to say I barely got a turn...
Did pretty well for the wind. The Pilot seemed to be the limiting factor.
Can't wait to take him again.

One of motors stopped working. I thought it was the Motor, but when I got home I swapped two motors and the "non-working" motor was working perfectly fine and the working motor was not working.

Any other troubleshooting steps or to buy a new board? The LED on the non-working port is working.

MO, btw, you sent me an extra battery with the battery you sent me instead of the missing battery. If it was intentional, thank you! You really didn't have to. If it was accidental, feel free to send me an invoice...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:25 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Just got back from chaperoning my Son flying his MP at 10mph winds. First time outdoors. Needless to say I barely got a turn...

One of motors stopped working. I thought it was the Motor, but when I got home I swapped two motors and the "non-working" motor was working perfectly fine and the working motor was not working.

Any other troubleshooting steps or to buy a new board? The LED on the non-working port is working.

MO, btw, you sent me an extra battery with the battery you sent me instead of the missing battery. If it was intentional, thank you! You really didn't have to. If it was accidental, feel free to send me an invoice...
If by swapping you mean mating male plug of motor 1 to female of motor 2, etc. Then what you observed seems to point to a faulty board, I would suggest looking for obvious causes like a broken plug pin, bad solder connection, etc; before buying a new board.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:11 PM
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
Joined Jan 2007
134 Posts
supporting an RC GROUPS members

Hi there, long time fellow RC Groups person (2nd handle first one was lost).

After thinking about a quad for months, and perusing all the usual websites for months, I just saw your thread today and decided to hit the buy button at your store.

Looking forward to get my son to join me in RC with this and also do some night flying for the holidays. I am looking for a fun and relaxing quad to fly in small areas... my mcpx head speed/combined with my skill level is kinda scary...so this may fit the bill!

Regards....

Aaron
aaronstomfoolery is offline Find More Posts by aaronstomfoolery
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
I have no credit card. I never like their late fees. That's why I usually just use Amazon gift cards to buy stuff online. Worked pretty well....until I got into quadcopters.
Variant, I've tried to get Amazon Checkout integrated, but it's like going through TSA with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post

He Arnav, being that your son is new to flight and was flying in 10 mph winds is proof that you can have fun with these things in windy conditions. It does look like you may have a either a bad connection on the board or possibly a fried MOSFET. When did it happen, in mid-flight, after a crash, or after trying to start it up after binding? Look for burnt components in this area:

If you bind the MP on a flat surface, hold it in your hand, and while firmly holding the MP, throttle up just enough for the blades to start spinning, and then tilt the MP towards the non-working motor, does it still not spin up?

If you want to mail it back to me (just the Mini Pet), I can troubleshoot it. The extra battery was for me forgetting how to count the first time (hadn't gotten used to packing each with two batteries as we had just started doing it).
Site Sponsor