SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:15 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Hey MO, got the parts today, thanks for the extra stock batts, forgot to remind you when I ordered.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Hey MO, got the parts today, thanks for the extra stock batts, forgot to remind you when I ordered.
My pleasure SC

Oh yeah, guys we may have to limit spare blade orders, at least for yellow\red. We want everyone who buys a MP to have the chance to buy spares, so after we re-verify stock, we may put a maximum quantity limit until our next shipment.

V202 and H36 items have been added with spares coming later, and as mentioned in the Hubsan thread, we have 150 of these with spares on order as well (1.5 mont timeframe).
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Dec 10, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:36 AM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
My pleasure SC

Oh yeah, guys we may have to limit spare blade orders, at least for yellow\red. We want everyone who buys a MP to have the chance to buy spares, so after we re-verify stock, we may put a maximum quantity limit until our next shipment.

V202 and H36 items have been added with spares coming later, and as mentioned in the Hubsan thread, we have 150 of these with spares on order as well (1.5 mont timeframe).
1.5 mont timeframe ??
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
1.5 mont timeframe ??
Traxxas ordered 50K units. Hubsan is swamped with production (as if they weren't before Traxxas jumped on board) and Traxxas' order gets priority.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:09 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Traxxas ordered 50K units. Hubsan is swamped with production (as if they weren't before Traxxas jumped on board) and Traxxas' order gets priority.
MO where did you get that number? - No offense meant, I'm just curious....
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:10 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Just got mine yesterday, thanks!! I have the Ladybird QR - and when I showed it to my father, he was mesmerized He's a flying machine nerd just like me.

So I wanted something for him and saw your post. I think this will be good because it seems a little more durable than the ladybird, and a little tamer (more weight).

Of course I had to test fly The auto flip button is pretty cool.. I was doing flips in the living room. I still have yet to do a sucessful one indoors on my LB though because it doesn't have that fancy-schmancy auto-flip button!! hahahaa

I also flew it outside in the dark. Very cool!! Now I need a set of LEDs for my Ladybird!!

I had to put it away though because I didn't want to break it before giving it to dad on Christmas

Thanks again, quick shipping, flew great out of the box. I sent a friend of mine to your site to order one too! I want a gaggle of micro quads flying around!!
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
MO where did you get that number? - No offense meant, I'm just curious....
-mike-
Our supplier is now a partner with Hubsan. The only reasons why we decided to give Hubsan a try, reversing our earlier decisions are because:

1) The X4 is like crack, people don't care, they just want another hit. We will put a disclaimer on our X4 description about what to expect as far as supply.

2) Hubsan negotiations with our supplier lead us to believe they may have learned their lesson about screwing other vendors over.........but fool me once, you know the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Just got mine yesterday, thanks!! I have the Ladybird QR - and when I showed it to my father, he was mesmerized He's a flying machine nerd just like me.

So I wanted something for him and saw your post. I think this will be good because it seems a little more durable than the ladybird, and a little tamer (more weight).

Of course I had to test fly The auto flip button is pretty cool.. I was doing flips in the living room. I still have yet to do a sucessful one indoors on my LB though because it doesn't have that fancy-schmancy auto-flip button!! hahahaa

I also flew it outside in the dark. Very cool!! Now I need a set of LEDs for my Ladybird!!

I had to put it away though because I didn't want to break it before giving it to dad on Christmas

Thanks again, quick shipping, flew great out of the box. I sent a friend of mine to your site to order one too! I want a gaggle of micro quads flying around!!
Glad you're having a blast TR The Mini Pet really is a nice beginner and multi-role quad. We try to get the best trim for stable hover.

One thing in our quest for better quality control is that we're now removing the canopies, making sure the screws are lined up with the boom holes and the screws themselves are evenly tightened (too tight and they compress the rubber standoffs, and if they aren't tightened equally, the RX board won't be level). Another thing, and this is experimental as I'm sure if it makes a difference, is routing the motor\LED wires so they're no longer close to the logic boards.

I'm glad you like the autoflip button. I've sent a request to our supplier to urge a redesign so that you can autoflip in basic mode, not just advanced and move the autoflip button to the top right of the transmitter like WL Toys does.

Thanks for spreading the word. Our sales have increased 333% since we first opened a little over a month ago and the facebook\twitter likes and especially videos (thanks Stonecutter for his excellent work of his unsolicited vids).

The Ebay units are almost sold out...........took awhile for people to trust us as we don't have much feedback yet.

Just want to thank everyone again for all the support. You're making a lifelong dream become reality for James and I.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
Very cool to be a part of what you guys are doing and can honestly say I rejoice with you in seeing the business becoming a successful one.

jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Any chance you guys will be supplying any v949 or mini size parts? I know the micros are surging in popularity, but the mini's still have their following. And parts for th v929, v949, x1, and clones look to be similar. Plus the mini's need the most maintenance.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,456 Posts
Thanks JL!! Hey Variant, James is checking with GWS to see if we can get a decent price on their props. I'm guessing you'll want motors and props at the very least, maybe Turnigy batteries? That reminds me, we're down to 37 of the 300 45-90C, time to order more.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Thanks JL!! Hey Variant, James is checking with GWS to see if we can get a decent price on their props. I'm guessing you'll want motors and props at the very least, maybe Turnigy batteries? That reminds me, we're down to 37 of the 300 45-90C, time to order more.
GWS props would be excellent (in all colors) and motor arms. I've started to cannibalize my V929 for my V949 already. If you guys sold blades and complete motor ams that would be great. And the batteries.

As for canopies, if you get Burger King sunday lids, and a $1 hole puncher from Walmart, you can convert them into cheap canopies. They weigh less than the V929's, look better, and let you see the FC LED easily. Sell 'em for a buck or two. Or you could be creative and come up with your own canopy ideas to sell.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:15 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Any chance you guys will be supplying any v949 or mini size parts? I know the micros are surging in popularity, but the mini's still have their following. And parts for th v929, v949, x1, and clones look to be similar. Plus the mini's need the most maintenance.
+1, especially booms w/ wires and plugs already installed; that would be a unique offering AFAIK.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Dec 11, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
GWS props would be excellent (in all colors) and motor arms. I've started to cannibalize my V929 for my V949 already. If you guys sold blades and complete motor ams that would be great. And the batteries.

As for canopies, if you get Burger King sunday lids, and a $1 hole puncher from Walmart, you can convert them into cheap canopies. They weigh less than the V929's, look better, and let you see the FC LED easily. Sell 'em for a buck or two. Or you could be creative and come up with your own canopy ideas to sell.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Yep. There's the Solo wording on it.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Here's a product idea we thought up for your store in the "Parrot Drone at Costco" thread:

Of course you could always design your own.