HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:57 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,151 Posts
I feel like they are a fairly equal market right now, with micros having a little of the upper hand. Product wise it seems like there are more and more micros popping up. I'm not sure if that's due to sales or ease of reproducing. I for one really enjoyed my mqx when I had it as my only quad, however after flying direct drive I don't think I could go back to gear driven. Slower reaction times and also way more parts to keep an eye out on and to trouble shoot. However, there are many who would jump on and have jumped on getting the v929 due to it being cloned after the mqx. We all know how popular HH is so people will be apt to buy clones of there products due to the popularity.

Checking banggood and seeing how many total they've sold for each quad might give a good idea of what's selling the most. Or I don't know how tight James us with one specific individual, but maybe they could actually give information as to which models are there top sellers.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:46 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,157 Posts
Hope you have a long and fruitful marriage with many-many children!
I will be keeping my eye out for your store or whatever service avenue you pursue. Would rather you profit with an up and coming business. Good luck!
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:48 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,793 Posts
Thanks for the input and kind words guys. You can see the total number of items sold on Banggood. Considering that the V929 has been on the market longer than the smaller micros, the total number of micros sold seems to be larger than the 929 sales, which are large.

The 949 is selling pretty hot though, but it's just not as profitable as the simpler direct-drive micros.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,793 Posts
Well I'm popping a virtual champagne bottle. First order is in and should be here hopefully within a week. For right now, we're doing the Mini Pet HJ V997. That manufacturer bent over backwards for us and getting us shipments in a week vs slow boat, so we should be able to keep up with demand.

So here's the breakdown of what should be available on our first shipment:

150 mini pets (as soon as inventory reaches 75 units we'll make another order)

Spare canopies

1500 sets of blades (we'll have to see what other quads they're compatible with and see about finding a supplier for prop-guards to use on those quads that don't have them built in) I personally know how much it sucks to not be able to fly because you're out of blades.

Spare motors (motor assembly including, motor mount, and LED. If you want a new motor, you get the assembly, but price will be the same as a replacement motor itself)

Spare boards

Spare frames

Spare chargers

As I've said before, we have 100 Turnigy 300 45-90C batteries on the way, but they won't arrive until later.

40 of the units may be dedicated to Amazon to help raise capital while the rest will be available via our website or ebay, with our website being the cheapest price. We have to figure in taxes and all, but it's looking like the price would be around $50 plus shipping in the US, SHIPPED FROM THE US. We still have to work out pricing for spares, but they should be as cheap as what you could buy anywhere else.

We'll throw in an extra set of blades with the already-included spares. Any items ordered with the main order won't incur extra shipping so long as it fits in the main box, and we still have to work out if we can save you shipping if more than one unit is made.

Every Mini Pet quad will be flight-tested before it ships out.

More products will be added as time goes, but this is going to be our staple now due to the low turn around time, low cost, and the fact that I can't find a single negative review about the Mini Pet.

Obviously we know the V939 and V949 are going to be on people's wish lists, but if you all have other specific items\parts you'd like to see, we'll add them if we can be competitive on price and can guarantee good supply by the manufacturer, but remember, there has to be a demand for it meaning alot of you request it as we obviously can't entertain everyone's individual wish list.

Thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1,157 Posts
Does the mini Pet bind with anything besides the supplied TX?
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Heres some requests for your Amazon store:

V929 motors and blades,
Compatible batteries for all the minis like LB and U816.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Does the mini Pet bind with anything besides the supplied TX?
MJX X100 and the mini pet use the same RX board, so they should be able to use each other's TX. I've heard of it being the Walkera protocol, but James told me it doesn't. I may have to order a Walker TX and experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Heres some requests for your Amazon store:

V929 motors and blades,
Compatible batteries for all the minis like LB and U816.
This may come actually before carrying the units themselves. Seems like everyone likes the Turnigy 300 45-90C batteries, so we plan on stocking up on them, but we may have to use caution as we don't want to incur warranty claims from using stronger lipos. I don't think there are any long-term tests yet with using them and their affect on premature blowout of boards and\or motors. So long as we have a disclaimer, we may be OK.

The Amazon store is really for those that aren't RC knowledgeable or has Amazon gift cards to blow or is part of their free-shipper service. If someone is always willing to pay $80 for a $40 quad then so be it, but really the best prices are going to be from the website itself, but see no reason to not offer everything also at Amazon, with prices adjusted accordingly. I don't know if it will go so far as to have them carry our inventory at their warehouses though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,157 Posts
Do you have a website set up - name - link???
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
MJX X100 and the mini pet use the same RX board, so they should be able to use each other's TX. I've heard of it being the Walkera protocol, but James told me it doesn't. I may have to order a Walker TX and experiment.

This may come actually before carrying the units themselves. Seems like everyone likes the Turnigy 300 45-90C batteries, so we plan on stocking up on them, but we may have to use caution as we don't want to incur warranty claims from using stronger lipos. I don't think there are any long-term tests yet with using them and their affect on premature blowout of boards and\or motors. So long as we have a disclaimer, we may be OK.

The Amazon store is really for those that aren't RC knowledgeable or has Amazon gift cards to blow or is part of their free-shipper service. If someone is always willing to pay $80 for a $40 quad then so be it, but really the best prices are going to be from the website itself, but see no reason to not offer everything also at Amazon, with prices adjusted accordingly. I don't know if it will go so far as to have them carry our inventory at their warehouses though.
Are you going to accept paypal?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Do you have a website set up - name - link???
The LLC takes 30 days (well 23 now) to go through so we don't want to set up a website or domain until I can get this finalized. If we have to get product online before the LLC is up, it may be up under my personal ebay\paypal account. I also want to get the product in stock to better work out shipping costs and final prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Are you going to accept paypal?
Most definately, I think it would be internet suicide not to.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:50 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Congratulations on the move guys, I see only good things from it, all around.
I'd like to request at some point if possible Walkera QR LB's and spare parts. Most seem to be available in the U.S. but I'd rather send the business your way.

Good Luck!
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,157 Posts
Well I will be keeping my eye on this thread for more info when it comes available. Good Luck on your new business!
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,793 Posts
Thanks BD, I've put in an inquiry to Walkera.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:55 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,151 Posts
Congrats. Really excited to watch this get off the ground and be able to support someone that is a huge part of this community.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:25 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
From my personal business experience it's better to announce such ventures, when you have everything setup and ready to go with website and all the stuff

Just my 0.02c and i'm sad that won't be your customer unless i move to US
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter