HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
I edited the first post so it's not so confusing. Stone, don't sweat the expiration date, I'll extend it for ya for all your support. Thanks Wave for the kind words, you won't be disappointed. Even the Hubsan gets a nice perk from these Turnigys.

Those of you who have bought and are satisfied with our service, it would help if you could Facebook like us. So far 90% of our business is from the forums and while we can't afford much advertising right now, word of mouth goes a long way. Thanks again.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:02 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Just an update. I edited the voucher and shipping so that you no longer have to place seperate orders to get the discount if you're ordering accessories with the Mini Pet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Winds finally died down enough to get a somewhat decent outdoors 808 vid with the Mini Pet:
Mini Pet V997 Micro Quadcopter Outdoors with 808 key camera installed (1 min 29 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:54 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
MO + James, it's nice to see that your business is starting up nicely!
Keep up the great work guys and all the best!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,138 Posts
nice video. seems that Mini Pet trying hard to battle the wind.
and the sound (motor or rotor?) is loud enough, it's like high pitch sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Winds finally died down enough to get a somewhat decent outdoors 808 vid with the Mini Pet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGdElpT9T9w
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
MO + James, it's nice to see that your business is starting up nicely!
Keep up the great work guys and all the best!
Thanks Kosem, if you international folks know of a way we can ship stuff to you all inexpensively, let us know and we'll investigate it. Right now, USPS charges $49 to ship international but I haven't checked DHL yet, which I'm guessing will be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
nice video. seems that Mini Pet trying hard to battle the wind.
and the sound (motor or rotor?) is loud enough, it's like high pitch sound
She does a pretty good job of stabilization, my V939 couldn't handle going that high, or running as long with the camera installed, and the MP is heavier. Yeah, those are the motors whining although I'm not to sure if it could also be interference. If spare parts for the Hubsan were plentiful, I'd take a gander at setting her up with the 808.

Just a reminder, the BLACKTURKEY coupon expires at midnight tonight. We should have 400 stock Mini Pet batteries as well as 100 canopies arriving this week.

We're also upgrading the store with cloud cacheing, so hopefully it will start loading a bit quicker. Working on Google Checkout as well as Checkout by Amazon.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Nov 25, 2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:20 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
CYBER MONDAY DEAL

Cyber Monday!!

In celebration of Cyber Monday we're offering a 15%off coupon code: CYBER2012 (must use all caps) good towards 15% off your entire order when it includes the purchase of the Mini Pet Bee or Beetle quadcopter. One per customer please. Coupon good until midnight Monday.

Thanks for your support

Some indoor flips. Getting the hang of doing the upstroke:

Mini Pet V997 Micro Quadcopter doing indoor flips (1 min 4 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:21 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I ordered 3 batteries on the night before Thanksgiving, they were already at my post office on Saturday, delivered at home today. About to charge these bad boys up, thanks again guys! Till next order...
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Thanks for your patronage Wave, you won't be disappointed with the batteries.

Because the website was running slow, we're going to extend the CYBER2012 coupon until tommorrow night.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Nov 26, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Ok, WOW. These batteries are AMAZING for my LB V2, it feels so much better, response, power, I mean, just feels like a better made Ladybird now! I didn't really think it could handle much better (maybe with accelerometer in high winds.....but...), I mean wow, I flew a V1 and didnt feel as much as a difference between that and the V2, I honestly felt no difference, but this battery.......just seems like a huge difference. I was using 2 of the stock batteries and a few mini cp 240's and 300's, maybe they just had way better days behind them but even at their best they never felt like this.

I was about to pull the plug and get 5 mini pet lipo's at BG for something like 12 or 13 bucks. I don't know how those handle, but these nanotechs are definitely worth the extra money compared to that deal. A few inches long of some electric tape taped around the center of the battery and it holds in the frame and steady without making it hard to take out. Thanks again for these awesome batteries and service.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:14 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
Hey MO if I order some of the lipo's do you have any yet that haven't been switched polarity wise? I'm thinking about ordering a few for my 1sq and if I'm not mistaking I think the original polarity is correct. Are these the nine eagles lipo's?
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Hey MO if I order some of the lipo's do you have any yet that haven't been switched polarity wise? I'm thinking about ordering a few for my 1sq and if I'm not mistaking I think the original polarity is correct. Are these the nine eagles lipo's?
Hey JL, the majority of them I leave virgin and convert them as orders come in. I charge each on and then discharge them with a customer's MP or my own if they're just ordering the batteries (more fun testing them this way )

Just send me a note with your order that you don't want the polarity reversed and I will
Make It So.mov (0 min 8 sec)

It's these exact lipos: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26738 which are for the Solo Pro 100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Hey MO,

Was going to order some more stuff today but kept getting this page. Made me a little leery of ordering.

Let me know if everything is ok to order.... Thanks
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:44 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
Thanks MO. Order placed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila View Post
Hey MO,

Was going to order some more stuff today but kept getting this page. Made me a little leery of ordering.

It should be fine. I got the same thing just a moment ago. I just clicked to allow it and went ahead with my order.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila View Post
Hey MO,

So I ordered Ipage's Akamai acceleration package because the Store was loading slowly, and this is the result. I have a trouble ticket in with them. If you want to hold off on making your order, I can let you know when the SSL error is fixed.

You're OK to order though, I just recieved an order from JL for his lipos and PayPal went through fine. Sorry for the problems, I've been giving our hosting provider an earful. I appreciate you all reporting these issues and let me know how the store is loading for you all as well. Having all these detailed product images sort of slow it down, which is why we got the acceleration package in the first place.
RCG Plus Member