Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:19 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Charlottenlund
Joined Jan 2012
1,376 Posts
Discussion
Hobby Wireless gone dead?

I ordered a, in-stock LawMate VTx/VRx more than 10 days ago, and although I got an email confirmation of order reception and a USPS tracking link one week ago, the tracking status remains:

"Shipment Accepted. Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 3:06 pm on October 23, 2012 in SAN ANTONIO, TX 78232 ."

From previous experience, this doesn't mean that the package has begun it's physical journey, but rahter that the supplier has initiated the shipment.

Two days ago, I emailed Hobby Wireless customer service, but have only received an auto reply.

Have they gone dead? Anybody else having more luck?

EDIT / Update: HobbyWireless service desk got back to me, and explained about the lack of tracking update with US First Class Mail (wonder what so "first class" about that?). And sure enough, the package arrived safe and sound one or two days later.
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Last edited by mike_o; Nov 09, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:01 AM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,600 Posts
Mike,

I ordered an Immersion video Tx from them a couple of weeks ago and mistakenly thought it was in stock, which is wasn't (and still is, apparently). I've sent two emails and got very polite replies as to the situation.

So although I still haven't received my order, which I don't hold them directly accountable for, the communications are a non-issue for me.

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Old Jan 07, 2014, 07:22 PM
Joined Oct 2013
9 Posts
Is Hobby Wireless still alive? I received my order and have sent a few requests through their website over the last couple of weeks. No reply.
Scott AGLPIC is offline Find More Posts by Scott AGLPIC