Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:38 AM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Dec 2009
356 Posts
Thank you, that is a great idea and one I had not though of, I'll give it a try!
Yeti1234 is offline Find More Posts by Yeti1234
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:33 AM
Joined Jun 2009
5 Posts
Picked up this little plane not too long ago, I absolutely love it. Check out a few reviews first before you get one!

http://rcplane.biz/parkzone-mini-vapor-rtf-review/
Mikester9er is offline Find More Posts by Mikester9er
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:20 PM
txflyer
United States, TX, Aledo
Joined Jan 2013
97 Posts
I had one of these a while back that stayed at the office. I have been teaching my 10 year old how to pilot rc aircraft. We had a little mishap with a plane that was too fast. He didnt want to fly because he was affraid to crash. Then I picked up another mini vaper and a dx6i for him. He loves It. We have 2500 watts of halogen light out in the yard till midnight now. Him with the mini and me with a night vapor. Good times! Problem is my dang charger is tied up all the time. Im buying him Is own flight box tomorrow with his own charger.
amrmatt is offline Find More Posts by amrmatt
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:36 PM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,036 Posts
Just getting started myself in rc planes and the MV was the first purchase. Since New Year I have been flying in the nearby gym. I can now run down all three batteries in a session with very few crashes. Usually they come from carelessness or some out of control thumbwork.

Anyways, tonight for the first time I took my kids with me and let all three fly it. My 13 year old son is a natural and wants his own. My two girls had plenty of crashes but lots of airtime and big smiles. Way less nervous than I was on the maiden just two weeks ago. Had a snafu with the LG getting broken off but a drop of hotglue later and we're back in the air. Ran out the batts and called it good. They loved it and it was good flying and bonding times!
Steve 0 is online now Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:17 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 0 View Post
Just getting started myself in rc planes and the MV was the first purchase. Since New Year I have been flying in the nearby gym. I can now run down all three batteries in a session with very few crashes. Usually they come from carelessness or some out of control thumbwork.

Anyways, tonight for the first time I took my kids with me and let all three fly it. My 13 year old son is a natural and wants his own. My two girls had plenty of crashes but lots of airtime and big smiles. Way less nervous than I was on the maiden just two weeks ago. Had a snafu with the LG getting broken off but a drop of hotglue later and we're back in the air. Ran out the batts and called it good. They loved it and it was good flying and bonding times!
sounds PERFECT!
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:41 AM
Slope-a-Dope
Joined Dec 2012
2,036 Posts
sounds PERFECT!

yea...it sounded so perfect we picked up another one last night for my son's b-day gift...now I get to see the sawbucks flap out of my wallet twice as fast! lol!

I think he's going to get an X-Atco knife and some Dollar Tree Foam for his next plane. heh-heh!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:46 AM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,075 Posts
Hi,
I have a Mini Vapor and I have read it is possible to do a looping with it. I have tried but it will not do it, I have tried in various speeds. What is the trick?

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:22 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,539 Posts
I can't get it to loop either yet its big brother will loop no problem. I think the elevator blows back.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:13 PM
Slope-a-Dope
Joined Dec 2012
2,036 Posts
Has anyone tested the range distance on the MV? We have two in the family - one with my DX6i and the other with the OEM Tx. The weather is opening up little windows now and then at evening with little or no breeze and not too chilly so I'm putting mine up outside. My yard is half and acre but I often intrude over my neighbors' airspaces. Yesterday I got above housetop level and the breeze caught me. I turned left and right to no avail before thinking of diving out of it. Went over the fence into the neighbor's yard.

Guess I'll do the walking thing today- no! wait a minute! - that's why I have kids. hey you! start walking....when the rudder stops wagging....STOP!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:13 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,448 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone tested the range distance on the MV? We have two in the family - one with my DX6i and the other with the OEM Tx. The weather is opening up little windows now and then at evening with little or no breeze and not too chilly so I'm putting mine up outside. My yard is half and acre but I often intrude over my neighbors' airspaces. Yesterday I got above housetop level and the breeze caught me. I turned left and right to no avail before thinking of diving out of it. Went over the fence into the neighbor's yard.

Guess I'll do the walking thing today- no! wait a minute! - that's why I have kids. hey you! start walking....when the rudder stops wagging....STOP!
I really doubt you will have any useful reference points when it gets out to the limits
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:48 AM
Slope-a-Dope
Joined Dec 2012
2,036 Posts
You're probably right. It's just for peace of mind to answer those nagging Q's like how high can i go, how far away is still safe to return, how small can I let it get to my eyes? All my neighbors have 6 foot vinyl fences. Plus i wanted to see the range difference between my DX6i and my son's little RTF tx.

Some kind of anxious noobie thing.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:17 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,448 Posts
Quote:
You're probably right. It's just for peace of mind to answer those nagging Q's like how high can i go, how far away is still safe to return, how small can I let it get to my eyes? All my neighbors have 6 foot vinyl fences. Plus i wanted to see the range difference between my DX6i and my son's little RTF tx.

Some kind of anxious noobie thing.
the RTF/"toy" transmitter is about 150-200'. The DX6i is "full range" so it should be easily 1000' and will be further above ground level clutter. The only issue with doing it with the mini vapor is finding it afterwards. Flying it with your son in pursuit might work best
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2013, 06:24 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,117 Posts
Just to say I have joined the Mini Vapor club It was nothing I had ever thought about till I did an indoor fly in and had a go on a full size Vapor. I had to have one!

I got an extra standard battery and 5 minutes on the timer seems about right.

What a hoot! The space I have to fly it in is not all that big but it high alphas around OK and just misses (usually) everything.

I assume it's correct natural attitude is nose well up? I noticed if I push forward it will soon pick up speed but is then too fast for the available space so I prefer slow.

The only three things I did programming wise (DX6i) were:

1) Reduced rudder to +/- 95% to look after the servo
2) Reduced elevator to +/- 67% to stop it hitting the rudder
3) Mixed rudder to aileron. I had to do this as I kept pushing the rudder control like you do when doing a harrier and, of course, nothing happened! I now use aileron when I have speed, rudder when I don't and it all feels totally natural. I am only moving one control surface so it is daft in many ways but feels perfect to me!

I now have Mini Vapor, T28 UM, Carbon Cub SS, Sbach 3D and Stryker 180 as micros, listed in order of speed. That really should be enough but my eyes still locked onto the Beast 3D and Mig 15 in the LHS!

However, with 3 full size, a Blade MSRx and a sim slot the DX6i is full. Can't run to a new TX just yet. I know this is true as my wife has told me ......
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jul 09, 2013, 10:33 AM
Certified ground locator.
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Nov 2008
167 Posts
I absolulty love this thing. I am still having a hard time believing I can fly an airplane in my living room! Here is my review if you guys want to check it out.

Parkzone Mini Vapor UM indoor airplane (7 min 4 sec)
Ompapamowmow is offline Find More Posts by Ompapamowmow
Old Aug 03, 2013, 12:18 AM
Wid
Live Your Dreams
United States, CA, Redwood Valley
Joined May 2001
463 Posts
4 channel mini vapor?

Has anyone modified a mini vapor to 4 channel, perhaps using elevons? I never really considered learning 4 channel RC till I flew the mini vapor and experienced it's crashworthiness. I learn so much faster RC flying than simulator flying. I know it would be limited but it might survive long enough to train my thumbs. I have learned throttle control and transitioning to and from high alpha without destroying it, a big accomplishment for an old RE sailplane pilot.

Having a broken foot makes flying in my living room very attractive and the mini vapor does it well (my first and so far only micro). Any thoughts on how one would go about such a mod? Can another servo be added to the existing Rx? Thanks for any info.
Wid is online now Find More Posts by Wid