Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:01 PM
Air Assassin
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Final sculpting and sanding done!! Ready for cover ,primer and paint. I think she looks GREAT!! Hopefully maiden this weekend...and yes ...will try for video!
RogueAce is offline Find More Posts by RogueAce
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Looks great man. Those little pen intakes for the esc are cool.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Jul 2011
204 Posts
Those vents for the ESC look good, like they were part of the design. Great job! Have you weighed it yet, how much does it weigh?
sixfins is offline Find More Posts by sixfins
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:11 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,909 Posts
My son is starting a 70mm EDF Bandit at 120%. I'll have to show him your work
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:43 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Thanx for the compliments guys. Stinger and Sixfins...those scoops are gonna work soo good with my paint theme, I know you'll like it. Alphea...I was gonna do the 120% at first...but decided to stuff the 70mm into the 109%. Should be quick.
Thanx again to all for ideas and input.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:23 AM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Bandit weighs in(pre-cover and paint...but flight-ready) at 2.6lbs. So I checked the Meteor ...2.6lbs ...weighed both planes 3 times each !! Bandit will go up a bit after cover and paint. Coulda been lighter, but I did go heavy here and there. Very happy..does feel a bit nose heavy. COG at 2 3/4" back from leading. Plans say 2.85"...not far off at all.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
I always go forward a bit from most plans COG. Mine always end up being tail heavy when I use the plan COG.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:05 AM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Walt said that his battery is in he "V"...LOL...I hope I don't have to move mine back that far...if at all....lots of headaches. She balances well right now, but flight test will tell.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
I was looking forward to building this bird but my gf bought me a phase 3 ef16. Had to get the whole power setup for that, so now i'm breaking even on my planes/ edf's for them. With pushers you can finish the whole plane just about before putting any electronics in, but edf's aren';t the case and don't want a half finished plane sitting around forever so I'll prolly just wait. I put a 6x4 prop on the front of one of my 55mm foamy jets yesterday cause I don't have an edf for it. Also thinking about putting a prop on the front of my tomhe f22 that was an edf but its power system got robbed for the schumate 22. Still leaves me with 1 plane without a power system. I do kinda miss my pusher prop days. Can get a motor and esc combo for like 20-30 bucks. I used to build planes left and right. Think I was up to like 20 or so at one time, and only ever flew some of them a couple times.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:01 AM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
I love this bird. It's a shame you can't get a build going for one Stinger. I'd consider building a second one, now that I know where I could make things better and lighter. I am really looking forward to seeing how the scoops work . Paint scheme is gonna be a winner as well.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Do you airbrush or use cans? I finally got an aircompressor last night after not having one for a couple years. Went to use my airbrush and its all clogged up. Could barely get any paint out of it. Hopefully I can get it unclogged today. Tired of looking at these blue planes.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:20 AM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Cans...for now.Krylon Short-Cuts. With the budget that I had set(and destroyed), I wasn't going to buy an airbrush set-up. Want one....YES! Will have one....Hopefully.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,909 Posts
Sponge brush em. At 10 ft and 80 MPH no one will ever know.
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:02 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueAce View Post
Cans...for now.Krylon Short-Cuts. With the budget that I had set(and destroyed), I wasn't going to buy an airbrush set-up. Want one....YES! Will have one....Hopefully.
Craig, wife got me a nice airbrush for Christmas a couple years back, an Iwata Eclipse, man, I wouldn't take anything for it!! W
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:06 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Still trying to get the gunk out of mine. May end up just buying a new one