Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:36 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Looking great Craig! Yes, you Only want to extend motor wires, if you extend battery leads more than a couple inches it can blow the esc,,, this is even recommended by Castle and others... W
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:35 PM
Air Assassin
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Thanx Walt. Another busy session at the table. Ductwork completed,'cept for 2 small pieces,and harness re-installed and checked. Still don't like that the esc will be basically non-accessible,unless I place it in turtle deck. However....anywhere I put it it means cutting plane if it fails. Removed the turtle deck supports...after repairing twice.
Covered Ailerons and Elev . Made a tailcone to make ass-end look better,and painted inside. Next up is fuse top,turtle deck.Vert stab ,cut hinges for Elev and Ailsand some small odds and ends.
RogueAce is offline Find More Posts by RogueAce
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:44 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,157 Posts
RogueAce Well I see you have been enlightened about wire length. I was looking at your post # 37 and wondering why no cap packs? Those are some long leads.

Any way, nice build.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Jul 2011
209 Posts
RogueAce, looks good, can't wait to see it finished with a flight report. Where do you fly?
sixfins is online now Find More Posts by sixfins
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:25 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Thanx Sixfins.Will be flying at Markham Park or at S.County Regional Park .
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:41 PM
United States, WA, Shelton
Joined Feb 2012
645 Posts
Nice looking build, I have had good luck with the Hobbypartz combos, I have one in a delta that I abuse on a 5s! it screams and has held up great Good luck on the maiden. Greg
Lt599 is online now Find More Posts by Lt599
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Jul 2011
209 Posts
Cool, where's s.county regional park at? I fly at Markham too, if weathers good on my days off.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
1200 Park Access Rd in Boca . I have yet to get to field,so when I do ,it's gonna be a double maiden day. The Bandit and the Meteor both get a shakedown. That should be quiet an exciting day !!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:51 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Good day at the bench. Finished ductwork and put on fuse top and turtle deck. In my final assessment of my ESC wishes I saw my answer.....1 little hole in fuse top that is out of airflow and everything. It lets the ESC sit inside canopy compartment sitting on top of fuse. LOVELY!! Put magnets in canopy as well. Vert stab not attached yet,just there for alignments, so it's easier to flip plane to do hinge and control rod work on Elev.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:58 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Craig, make sure you get lots of air to the ESC,,, good luck, I couldn't keep mine under the turtle deck, not enough air flow but try it.. W
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:05 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
I think that I've got the ESC airflow deal covered.2 Answers: One uses 2 pen shafts and 1/2" foam shaped into mini ducts. One on either side ,like side mirrors except reversed. Or a "hood scoop" that would force air into battery compartment and back through. I'm not scared to mod when necessary. LOL
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Jul 2011
209 Posts
Ahhh, west Boca. I think there's a group that fly somewhere near the turnpike in Pompano. Markhams a nice field, with a great bunch of guys that are always willing to help if needed.
Coming together nicely
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:34 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
I went with answer #1. The pen shaft will force air directly onto ESC. This worked out great! I covered hinge edge of ailerons and elev. and started shaping the outside fuse and inlets. I will be hingeing and putting on control horns and rods after some filling and sanding.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:50 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Had an accident on the assembly bench. The CA glue ,that doesn't set up right away without the kicker, set up right away while hinging Aileron. Went to remove hinge,thinking CA not set, AND....SNAP!! Had to make all new Aileron. Finished hinging Ailerons , attached control horns ,control rods and attached Vert Stab. Also trimmed out controls. Have to re-solder ESC battery connection...popped apart after long run system shakedown. Buuuut....after some more sculpting and smoothing....She's ready to maiden. If she is good she'll get finish covered and painted.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Dont forget the video
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents