HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:14 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Discussion
Pay to return a DOA item... wow.

I recently had a Thunder AC680 go belly up on me. I used it for 6months with zero problem so I decided to get another. I wanted to upgrade but since it surprised me I didn't have the time to research so I just put down another $45 for a new one. I received it Friday just in time to charge before I needed to take pictures over the weekend. Plugged it in and... "input voltage error" on all of my 4S batteries. I then tried my 2S-3S only to get "break down" over and over. DOA and no flying for the weekend and following week.

After 40 minutes on hold I get someone on the phone who said I could do a RMA but I was responsible for the shipping! I haven't been to the post office but if shipping is only $10 then I am paying an extra 25% for the charger when I did nothing but purchase a faulty product! If I didn't need this charger RIGHT NOW so bad I would really reconsider another purchase with HobbyPartz.

In my eyes if you sell someone a faulty product then you should be responsible for the shipping, at a minimum, in order to ensure the customer returns. I will always have "Will have have to pay to return this??" in the back of my mind when buyng products to hobbypartz and will buy elsewhere unless hobbypartz is 25% cheaper.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:17 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
355 Posts
Would you happen to know your order number for the charger that you just received? I'm not sure why the rep didn't offer you a shipping label for an DOA item but if you can give me your order number I'll have the label processed for you with the RMA.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Charlie, here is the info.
Your order number is 1867276.

I specifically asked about return shipping during the call and the rep said "Unfortunately you will be responsible for return shipping, we however will ship the new one to you for free."
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:37 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Nothing? I'd like to return this sometime this week....
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:22 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
355 Posts
Sorry about the delay. The RMA you should of received already and I made the request to have UPS send you the shipping label. The label will be sent to your gmail account, print out the RMA and shipping label, put the RMA inside the box with the charger and stick the label on the outside and drop it off at a UPS store.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:26 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
thank you and I will update here when I receive the UPS label.