HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:08 AM
Lathrop, Missouri, United States
Joined Oct 2004
500 Posts
Deckert,
That is correct. Maybe we can work something out. You bought a GoldWing, this is a GMP Model! Only the BEST Hardware and Acc. Also this is a 50cc
gjhinshaw is offline Find More Posts by gjhinshaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:43 PM
NZ - Where Kiwi's love to fly.
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhinshaw View Post
So this is our new colored Sbach. It is RED
NICE - I like that, it should REALLY stand out in the air!

I'm meant to be getting one of these green/white/black ones off my dad for my 41st, looking forward to putting together and flying one of these 30cc Sbach's.
It'll be a 'mid range quality' Chinese built model, but I'll be able to correct any issues as I did with their nitro 57" Yak54 that I have - that's what modeling is about to me. At the end, I got a great flying Yak, so I'll have the same result from a much bigger Sbach - come hell or high water!.
kiwibob72 is offline Find More Posts by kiwibob72
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:16 PM
Joined Oct 2004
500 Posts
Those are GREAT colors in the air!! One thing is, Wax it. This will keep it from fading fast! What motor is going in it?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:37 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,544 Posts
I'd like ta see the 60" SBACH in that sweet green color!

anyone else hmm hmmm!
whiskykid is online now Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig Mustang 450
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Oct 2004
500 Posts
Sbach 60"

Here you go Whiskykid!

http://www.generalhobby.com/goldwing...een-p-359.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
I'd like ta see the 60" SBACH in that sweet green color!

anyone else hmm hmmm!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:04 AM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
142 Posts
Quote:
Those are GREAT colors in the air!! One thing is, Wax it. This will keep it from fading fast! What motor is going in it?
Odds on it will be a DLE35 or something like that (a 40cc twin would be nice!!)
It'll be a long term project, as I have another model to be done ahead of it (a H9 65" 'blue nose' P51 with a DLE20 squeezed into it), and still have to keep paying the mortgage, all why trying not get a divorce at the same time!.
No rush, it'll get sorted out when it's ready!

PS - "wax it"?? ... interested in more info there, as it's not an issue with my heli's and little (57") yak54, and being as we have some of the highest UV levels on earth down here, you have my attention re fading.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:26 PM
Joined Oct 2004
500 Posts
Wax

The pigment they use is very weak and it will fade super fast! so by putting a couple of coats of wax on it will prevent it from fadeing so fast. Plus it will easier to clean as most will just run off. Now to answer your next question..... "Which wax" You can use many paste wax compounds, the Biggest one NOT to use is Turtle Wax. It will eat the pigment off. I really like to use Rain-X. or Glass Wax. These are the best I have used in the 35 years I have been doing RC. I even wax my jets! Try it and you will see what I mean. Prop planes the rain-X is great, really, all you do is take a rag and the bugs come off that easy!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:50 PM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
142 Posts
Quote:
The pigment they use is very weak and it will fade super fast! so by putting a couple of coats of wax on it will prevent it from fadeing so fast. Plus it will easier to clean as most will just run off. Now to answer your next question..... "Which wax" You can use many paste wax compounds, the Biggest one NOT to use is Turtle Wax. It will eat the pigment off. I really like to use Rain-X. or Glass Wax. These are the best I have used in the 35 years I have been doing RC. I even wax my jets! Try it and you will see what I mean. Prop planes the rain-X is great, really, all you do is take a rag and the bugs come off that easy!

Thanks, much appreciated!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:26 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,603 Posts
In as much as I was proding Gerry to do a build review for his new SBach in electric, I just about had a stroke. I configured the costs in making it electric vs. gas and was truly saddened. Just the lipo packs ate up the cost of a gas engine. That set me back to thinking why I never run electric in birds over 7lbs. Although I know all the pluses and minuses for either way, it just kills me on an electric conversion cost.

Still waiting on my 12mm die to cut threads on the new pipe. Been getting different opinions on making the bends. Sand filled, spring benders, tube benders, heat, ice filled etc. Only good thing is I have 3' of tube to work with.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:20 AM
team sleprock
Joined Dec 2009
3,544 Posts
deckert, you better hurry, weather good this week bud!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:19 PM
Joined Oct 2004
500 Posts
I will still send you my spring benders
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:08 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,603 Posts
Just to give a rough idea of what I'm trying to do. The image is close but not quite right. I didn't put enough bend to turn the exhaust in the direction it needs to go and the length between bends is to short. I'll probably use some soft copper to get a working design and a better idea on lengths needed. I thought the radiuses were going to be pretty small but it's looking more like they'll be in the 1~1.5" range. That will work in my favor.
I found out last night my millwright buddy just happens to have a 1/2" tubing bender from Harbor Freight. We'll test drive it after I get the tubing threaded. And I actually get the die...I called about it and found out it's coming from China & won't be here until the 19th. Just dandy.. That's what happens when you try & go the cheap route.

Dan
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:10 PM
Registered User Wannabe
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
Here's some things I did with an exhaust that you might want to look at. The final result is near the end of the thread. It still works fine.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176963
rodneygt is offline Find More Posts by rodneygt
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:33 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,603 Posts
Still no die..
Ordered a new one from Grainger. Be here next Tues. Just $$$ out the door..

Dan
Last edited by deckert; Jan 25, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:44 PM
team sleprock
Joined Dec 2009
3,544 Posts
dang dude! can't emagine how you feel, I can't wait for the flight review!
RCG Plus Member