SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:19 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Why wasn't a response made to the post on all the "Conservative Wars"? Just curious.
There was. Why didn't you look before you asked the question?
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:03 PM
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
And how about you with an Obama loss? Are you going to look for the usual "he wasn't a true Liberal", and double down on the crazy instead of looking inward... as usual?
Absolutely hilarious coming from the person who posted this after things did not go exactly how he wanted in the 2010 election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
As of this morning, I am also an unrepresented Conservative as well, but unlike you, I am not unrepresented by the one party that is the closest we have to being conservative.
I am unrepresented by a willing electorate that had a chance to sweep the House AND Senate last night, but they stood by with their bowls held out in front of them saying: "Can we have some more, please?". They betrayed themselves and this country.

Last night wasn't a Conservative loss, it was the loss of a nation, and I no longer have any hope that this nation will survive the radical assault it's under.
Last night, it wasn't the Conservatives who won, it was the Leftist radicals who began their assault full-force in '08 and will continue the assault to finish us off in the very near future.

I am also a sort of "short timer", but the chances are that I will be here in two years. But it doesn't matter anymore. I think I'll just stay home rather than vote anymore, and I will now begin the process of getting ready to retire by starting the company shut-down in the next year or so and put all my money and assets in safe places.
In short, I will soon no longer be a taxpayer because I will no longer have a business that pays employees or contributes to the economy in any way. That's the way that the people of America showed me last night that they wanted things to be, so I will happily give it to them and let them muddle through whatever future they have without any help from me.

Last night was the night that America lost the rest of it's self respect.
Are you going to make good on your promise and stay home on election day this time?!?!?!?!
Dave K is offline Find More Posts by Dave K
Last edited by Dave K; Oct 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:26 PM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
Absolutely hilarious coming from the person who posted this after things did not go exactly how he wanted in the 2010 election.

Are you going to make good on your promise and stay home on election day this time?!?!?!?!
ROTFL! There it is!

Quote:
Last night wasn't a Conservative loss, it was the loss of a nation, and I no longer have any hope that this nation will survive the radical assault it's under.
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:47 PM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Give me a freaking break, what a load of BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
It's not so much the fiscal conservatism which has me up-in-arms - it's the scorched-earth social conservatism.

We have:
War on workers rights
War on voting rights
War on environment
War on "all-the-above" energy policy
War on women as equals
War on minorities as humans
War on science as common sense

Our entire eastern seaboard is being pummeled by one of the worst storms in modern history yet, the climate-change deniers claim, "of course it's natural, no need to change any of our habits."

srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:59 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,452 Posts
Somebody will notice your response because it was short and not much more than a knee jerk reaction. Everybody knows that knee jerk reactionary types make the best partisans.... Oh, I'm not taking it out on you, srt8. I'm just a little dismayed at a comment made above. Sorry about that...

Mike
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:49 PM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
It is what it is. Although knowing that all these pretend wars are a load isn't partisan imo.
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:59 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
I don't believe conservatives have a war on all those things. That's hyperbole designed to drive people in one direction. That's the problem with politics these days... Maybe it always was. The partisans have gotten so good at it that they now have come to believe their own hyperbole. It's a stupid situation. A little more honesty in this process is badly needed. I wonder what it's going to take to get that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
There was. Why didn't you look before you asked the question?
My apologies, you made a very valid point in your way, and I chose a much less diplomatic manner, but I never claimed to be a diplomat. My hat is off to you.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:05 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
My apologies, you made a very valid point in your way, and I chose a much less diplomatic manner, but I never claimed to be a diplomat. My hat is off to you.
Ah... No worries. I was just tired and a little grumpy.

Cheers,
Mike