Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:35 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Science isn't common sense. If it were, no one would have to teach it.

Here's Obama's war on Math.
Damn that was fast!
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:56 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
Look for the usual "he was not a true conservative" excuses if he looses. They will also double down on the crazy instead of looking inward as usual.
And how about you with an Obama loss? Are you going to look for the usual "he wasn't a true Liberal", and double down on the crazy instead of looking inward... as usual?
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:58 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
It's not so much the fiscal conservatism which has me up-in-arms - it's the scorched-earth social conservatism.

We have:
War on workers rights
War on voting rights
War on environment
War on "all-the-above" energy policy
War on women as equals
War on minorities as humans
War on science as common sense

Our entire eastern seaboard is being pummeled by one of the worst storms in modern history yet, the climate-change deniers claim, "of course it's natural, no need to change any of our habits."

I'd like to win the "War on Freedom" first and then see if your "rights" trump my "freedoms".
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:03 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
schrederman's Avatar
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflight View Post
i'd like to win the "war on freedom" first and then see if your "rights" trump my "freedoms".
+1...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:04 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
It's not so much the fiscal conservatism which has me up-in-arms - it's the scorched-earth social conservatism.

We have:
War on workers rights
War on voting rights
War on environment
War on "all-the-above" energy policy
War on women as equals
War on minorities as humans
War on science as common sense

Our entire eastern seaboard is being pummeled by one of the worst storms in modern history yet, the climate-change deniers claim, "of course it's natural, no need to change any of our habits."

And with Obama we have:

a jihad against America
a jihad against Christianity
a jihad against Energy
a jihad against Freedom
a jihad against Industry
a jihad against Nasa
a jihad against Warriors
a jihad against Workers (non-union of course)

and that is too much for any Nation to stand against for two terms.

Oh, and you do realize it was a storm that chased the invaders out of DC in 1814.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by LcJ; Oct 29, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Pipemajor's Avatar
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
I'd like to win the "War on Freedom" first and then see if your "rights" trump my "freedoms".
OK, let's take the equal pay for equal work issue. Exactly how does that deny your freedom?

Repealing Don't Ask Don't' Tell? You feel violated there?
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
And with Obama we have:

a jihad against America
a jihad against Christianity
a jihad against Energy
a jihad against Freedom
a jihad against Industry
a jihad against Nasa
a jihad against Warriors
a jihad against Workers (non-union of course)

and that is too much for any Nation to stand against for two terms.

Oh, and you do realize it was a storm that chased the invaders out of DC in 1814.
See what I mean.... Hyperbole to the nth degree from either side.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:02 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
OK, let's take the equal pay for equal work issue. Exactly how does that deny your freedom?

Repealing Don't Ask Don't' Tell? You feel violated there?
Equal pay isn't really equal pay. If it were, then government sector workers wouldn't be making more in wages+benefits than the free market pays private sector workers.
For you to get equal pay in the way you want it done, then you have to take it away from others who have earned it, and that's the whole point of government unions, isn't it?... to FORCE taxpayers to pay government unions what they want by fiat rather than by competition in an open and fair marketplace.

Don't ask don't tell is a reasonable policy because the because the military is an organization that requires people to live together in un-natural accomodations. The military is not normal society, and many things have to be done differently in order to maintain discipline and cooperation between individuals in that situation.Bringing that up as a "right" is just plain silly because there are a LOT of "rights" that people give up when they become part of the military.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:54 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
See what I mean.... Hyperbole to the nth degree from either side.
I get tired of the incessant "Wars" of the conservatives, so I threw it back full bore.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
Registered User
Broken Wings's Avatar
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,405 Posts
Why Obama is even doing as well as he is ....

Obviously, Obama's the better candidate... He'll prove it on Nov. 6th....
Broken Wings is offline Find More Posts by Broken Wings
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:03 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
I get tired of the incessant "Wars" of the conservatives, so I threw it back full bore.
That's what the extremes on both sides do over and over and over and blaaaahhh.........

It gets so tiresome and what's worse some take that crap serious. IMHO, it's dangerous when people take that crap as serious discussion. They get an exaggerated view of what is really happening out there and then guess what happens next? Based on the exaggerated view, they go out and react in their own exaggerated way in response. That's how we got to where we are. One overreaction begets another and suddenly all reason goes out the window.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:05 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Pipemajor's Avatar
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
Equal pay isn't really equal pay. If it were, then government sector workers wouldn't be making more in wages+benefits than the free market pays private sector workers.
Tell me how much a government attorney makes vs. a private sector attorney. Including "benefits". A VA nurse or physician vs. a private sector nurse or physician. How about a GS-14 manager vs. a private sector vice president? A GS-12 computer programmer vs. a private sector programmer. I've worked in both environments. You claim is baseless.
Quote:
For you to get equal pay in the way you want it done, then you have to take it away from others who have earned it, and that's the whole point of government unions, isn't it?... to FORCE taxpayers to pay government unions what they want by fiat rather than by competition in an open and fair marketplace.
Why the dumb act? Equal pay for equal work has nothing to do with gov/unions. In fact, in government, women DO make equal pay as a man. It's the unionless private sector which is badly skewed and outright discriminatory.
Quote:
Don't ask don't tell is a reasonable policy because the because the military is an organization that requires people to live together in un-natural accomodations. The military is not normal society, and many things have to be done differently in order to maintain discipline and cooperation between individuals in that situation.Bringing that up as a "right" is just plain silly because there are a LOT of "rights" that people give up when they become part of the military.
What constitutes a "natural accomodation" to you? Is it the male USAF drill sergeants sexually abusing their female recruits?
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:19 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
That's what the extremes on both sides do over and over and over and blaaaahhh.........

It gets so tiresome and what's worse some take that crap serious. IMHO, it's dangerous when people take that crap as serious discussion. They get an exaggerated view of what is really happening out there and then guess what happens next? Based on the exaggerated view, they go out and react in their own exaggerated way in response. That's how we got to where we are. One overreaction begets another and suddenly all reason goes out the window.
What reason is there in a debt of 16 trillion dollars? What reason is there in having 1.3 trillion dollar deficits? What reason is there in borrowing 4 billion dollars every day?

What reason is there for anyone to take something from someone else without their express permission and giving it to someone else? Why can't they just use their own money?

We have been far away from reason from the moment the U S Constitution turned into suggestions instead of laws. We left reason when we let government at any level decide which business should make it and which shouldn't.

Why wasn't a response made to the post on all the "Conservative Wars"? Just curious.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:42 PM
Registered User
Dave K's Avatar
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
634 Posts
" Why Obama is even doing as well as he is ...."

Because when you step out side of the Fox news righting wing farce/fantasy land he has don't a OK job in a very tough situation. Because when you are not tied up in the right wing farce you can see that things have gotten much better over the last year. Because the average American in is very turned off by right wings extreme ideas (taking away women's rights, teaching creationism in schools, etc etc) Because the right wing is going to go back to many of the idiotic things that Bush did (things like trying dismantle FEMA for one)
Dave K is offline Find More Posts by Dave K
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:01 PM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
And how about you with an Obama loss? Are you going to look for the usual "he wasn't a true Liberal", and double down on the crazy instead of looking inward... as usual?
Nope. That is a conservative thing.
Sherlock is online now Find More Posts by Sherlock
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Obama's Face as he was hugging Michelle Says it All LcJ Life, The Universe, and Politics 23 Oct 23, 2012 02:22 PM
Discussion BWAHAHA!, Cant Make This Up- Even Obama Is Doing Worse Under Obama Real Ira Life, The Universe, and Politics 3 Apr 17, 2012 03:49 PM
Discussion Obama DOH...even his students know he's wrong MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 66 Apr 13, 2012 09:59 AM
Discussion why is it impossible to get perfect blade tracking as well as even blade pitch?? newtukatukpilot Mini Helis 10 Jul 19, 2007 04:24 PM