SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:09 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
Update on stabilization system...

Just came in from flying in... snow!

Yes, we finally got some of the white stuff - not enough to merit skis yet, but a system moved in the past few days, and we finally got our share. About 1/2".

I flew my decathlon with ORX 3AS system on it, tweaked up a bit from last setting. Almost what it was, just a touch back from my original settings. Loops are larger than nominal and snap rolls JUST complete on aerobatic (105%) throws.

Light 10km/h wind, plane flew on rails. When I was coming in for a landing, I was sort of nervous, only due to the fact that the snow might catch th eplane and flip it over. However, the approach profile with the 3AS on there really is nice! It holds flare perfectly for a 3-point even in those kind of adverse conditions.

My buddy was supposed to make it with this hat-cam so we could video the plane but he got delayed, and I did not wish to let too much more white stuff come down before testing.

During my 11 minute flight, the snow started to come back and fell as almost corn-flake like snowflakes... So, only one flight for now. The plane landed in the grass perfectly without even looking as if it was going to nose up. The tail stayed nicely down during rollout.

I think that for now I'll leave these settings as they are. Very stable, nice flying profile. When winter finally hits here, I'll have skis on this plane, and aerobatics are not the main thing to do - touch and gos are!!! So, having the stability will be nice.

It's due to warm up over freezing the next few days, and then I can shoot some vids with the plane in action.

Skycadet.
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
to remove ads between posts