Help!
Please help in choosing FBL system.

Hi guys!
Please help in choosing FBL system.
I'm a beginner ...
A helicopter Tarot 450 PRO.
I want to put on it FBL.
I suffer with a choice ...
Is it better to take, ZYX-S, KDS EBAR or Robird G31?
Previously thought to take or ZYX-S or EBAR. But a few days ago I saw in the online store G31 ... And now I do not know what to buy)))

According to the description, in my opinion, G31 best choice.

Listen to your opinions.
Thank you in advance.
Pavel83 is offline Find More Posts by Pavel83
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:35 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,598 Posts
I have the CX 3x1000 on two 450 Pro's, and i'm happy with how they fly. The ZYX-S performs similarly, but has the additional benefit of being able to work with a satellite RX, which can save a bit of weight and tidy up the wiring. Tarot have also come out with revised firmware.

The Robird is a bit more expensive than the ZYX and offers some additional useful features - such as vibration analysis, but is generally thought to be harder to set up.

Personally, I really like being able to use pc software for the setup, though you can also use a program box for the ZYX.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:08 AM
Joined Oct 2012
52 Posts
to 2Doggs ...
ZYX difficult to adjust? Are there many problems with it in operation? Or once well set up and no problems?
And another question, what use at servo swashplate and tail?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
151 Posts
Hello Pavel,

If you need more stable performance and easy set-up procedures,Bigaole flybarless system is a good choice,configuration without computer.The following is a lnk of it for your reference.

三轴 16 9 (3 min 59 sec)
bigaoleamy is offline Find More Posts by bigaoleamy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Oct 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaoleamy View Post
Hello Pavel,

If you need more stable performance and easy set-up procedures,Bigaole flybarless system is a good choice,configuration without computer.The following is a lnk of it for your reference.
Thanks for the offer, but I choose between the three systems, which are written in my first post.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:37 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,352 Posts
Get a SK540. It may cost a little more but will worth the cost.
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:46 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
ZYX or the Robird would be my first choices, followed by the Align 3GX.
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Oct 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Get a SK540. It may cost a little more but will worth the cost.
I understand that the SK540 better (maybe) than the G31, but I do not have much money to spend to buy it)))
If it were free 300-500 $ I would have bought ... Since little money, get out of this - G31 / ZYX-S / EBAR ...

So far more inclined to buy a G31 ... Should be a good system ... and certainly better than the ZYX-S, thanks to gov and vibration analyzer ....
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Oct 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexmad View Post
ZYX or the Robird would be my first choices, followed by the Align 3GX.

I would not recommend Align 3GX. Several pilots I know, long plagued with it, and when they got tired, they sold Align 3GX, and bought the Beast or SK540 or V-Bar ...

SK540/SK720 much better Align 3GX.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:39 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel83 View Post
to 2Doggs ...
ZYX difficult to adjust? Are there many problems with it in operation? Or once well set up and no problems?
And another question, what use at servo swashplate and tail?
No, the ZYX is easy to adjust, using either the program box or the pc software. I think there's also a bluetooth adaptor if you want to adjust it from a smartphone.

It sounds like you're tending towards the Robird. Check out this thread for yet another BeastX V1 type controller.

Servo wise, for the cyclic you might look for digital servos with about 2kgcm of torque and 0.11s or better speed. At the low end, Corona 929MG's work, though they have sloppy gears. Other options around about the $10 mark are Solar servos from Hobbypartz or Henge MD922's from HobbyKing. I'm using Align DS410's on one of my 450's, and they work really well though they're twice the price of any of the above.

For the tail, you can use a Park sized servo, so a Futaba 9257 or a clone 9257 works well. I like the Fitec FS9357D, which, unlike the Futaba 9257, can run at 6v, and can be found for about $15 or so.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
No, the ZYX is easy to adjust, using either the program box or the pc software. I think there's also a bluetooth adaptor if you want to adjust it from a smartphone.

It sounds like you're tending towards the Robird. Check out this thread for yet another BeastX V1 type controller.

Servo wise, for the cyclic you might look for digital servos with about 2kgcm of torque and 0.11s or better speed. At the low end, Corona 929MG's work, though they have sloppy gears. Other options around about the $10 mark are Solar servos from Hobbypartz or Henge MD922's from HobbyKing. I'm using Align DS410's on one of my 450's, and they work really well though they're twice the price of any of the above.

For the tail, you can use a Park sized servo, so a Futaba 9257 or a clone 9257 works well. I like the Fitec FS9357D, which, unlike the Futaba 9257, can run at 6v, and can be found for about $15 or so.
As I understand it, ZYX would be better than a clone BeastX v1)))
Thanks for the link, I've read about it.

I have not yet finally decided what to buy ...
I know that's not a bad ZYX FBL system, and if properly configured helicopter system, then you can fly well ...
Also, I understand that Robird G31 should be better than ZYX, but is it - is unknown.
It is unfortunate that there have left their opinions, those who have already bought the G31 and fly with this system. I'm hoping for their opinion.

As for the servo ...
I want to buy at HK TGY-306G for cyclic. For the tail, I already have EMAX 9257.

Henge MD922 my friends do not recommend betting. Since these servos weak effort.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
I have the CX 3x1000 on two 450 Pro's, and i'm happy with how they fly. The ZYX-S performs similarly, but has the additional benefit of being able to work with a satellite RX, which can save a bit of weight and tidy up the wiring. Tarot have also come out with revised firmware.

The Robird is a bit more expensive than the ZYX and offers some additional useful features - such as vibration analysis, but is generally thought to be harder to set up.
I think it's more that it works better with 500 size and larger helicopters. I tried for months to get rid of the stop bounce on my 450 and never completely got rid of it. When I moved it into my 500 it pretty much just worked perfectly with default settings. Other than the stop bounce issue though it was great on my 450. It's recently been discovered that when you reverse the tail servo it reverses the piro stop setting along with it so if I had known about that it's possible I could have gotten it right. But at this point I'm not moving it back just to find out.

Quote:
The Robird isn't a BeastX clone despite sort of looking like one.

Quote:
At the low end, Corona 929MG's work, though they have sloppy gears. Other options around about the $10 mark are Solar servos from Hobbypartz or Henge MD922's from HobbyKing.
Solars are bad news, the wiring inside vibrates loose over time. Maybe they'd be ok in a foamy but not in a high vibration environment like a helicopter. The Coronas have good soldering and wiring, the only problem is the gears wearing but at $7 they are disposable (they need to make a carbon gear version). They also have weak tabs but this can be fixed by gluing one of the "servo mounting parts" that HK sells to the top of the tab. The weak tabs are particularly troublesome if the servo is mounted inside the frame like on the SEv2 or as the elevator servo on the 450 Sport because the tabs aren't flush with the frame and get bent slightly and crack over time. Gluing one of those little servo mounting bits to it will make the tab flush with the panel and prevent it from cracking.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Oct 30, 2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel83 View Post
As I understand it, ZYX would be better than a clone BeastX v1)))
Thanks for the link, I've read about it.

I have not yet finally decided what to buy ...
I know that's not a bad ZYX FBL system, and if properly configured helicopter system, then you can fly well ...
Also, I understand that Robird G31 should be better than ZYX, but is it - is unknown.
It is unfortunate that there have left their opinions, those who have already bought the G31 and fly with this system. I'm hoping for their opinion.

As for the servo ...
I want to buy at HK TGY-306G for cyclic. For the tail, I already have EMAX 9257.

Henge MD922 my friends do not recommend betting. Since these servos weak effort.
If reliability is your primary concern get Hitec HS-65's, these are analog but will perform adequately for FBL. They are the gold standard for a reliable cyclic servo on a 450. Hobbyking has these for around $20 for the carbon gear and $25 for the metal gear version and also carries the gear sets cheap.

Ino Labs HG-D202's are also a good choice for a reliable digital servo. The gear sets are harder to find than the Hitecs though. The metal gear version is slower but has more torque and should be run at 6v for adequate speed. The carbon gear version is faster, but isn't rated for 6v operation (not sure why, electronically they are the same, maybe because at .11/sec at 5v, it would compete with the HG-D201 at 6v)

HK has Bluebird servos relabeled under the Turnigy brand that I've been hearing good things about.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:31 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
I think you really have to check whether a particular FBL systems take analogue servos or not.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:19 AM
Joined Oct 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
If reliability is your primary concern get Hitec HS-65's, these are analog but will perform adequately for FBL. They are the gold standard for a reliable cyclic servo on a 450. Hobbyking has these for around $20 for the carbon gear and $25 for the metal gear version and also carries the gear sets cheap.

Ino Labs HG-D202's are also a good choice for a reliable digital servo. The gear sets are harder to find than the Hitecs though. The metal gear version is slower but has more torque and should be run at 6v for adequate speed. The carbon gear version is faster, but isn't rated for 6v operation (not sure why, electronically they are the same, maybe because at .11/sec at 5v, it would compete with the HG-D201 at 6v)

HK has Bluebird servos relabeled under the Turnigy brand that I've been hearing good things about.

About Hitec servo I heard repeatedly ... HK on them is not, there is here

Friends recommended me these servo because they are better Hitec.
This is a copy MKS DS95. They are suitable gears from MKS.
By the way, I could not find on TGY-306G replacement servo horns, can somebody knows what approach?

About Ino Lab can not say anything. Who they are very pleased with, and who is not like ...

Cheap option is better I think HK MD933, I suppose ...