HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:02 AM
Australia, QLD, Brighton
Joined Sep 2006
150 Posts
Gallery
Quadratwirl

Hi all, Many have made this model and I have also made the twin twirl that was featured on FLITEST via Youtube. I am pleased to say that not only have I had fun with the twin twirl and Quadratwirl, I have also taught someone to fly with the twin twirl. He can now take off and land. A testament to the design. Here is my latest Quadratwirl.

Matthew
lemuel is offline Find More Posts by lemuel
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Is this an easy flyer? With the twin twirl you have built does it auto rotate? What happens if you lose a rotor?
Kvar is offline Find More Posts by Kvar
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:27 PM
Australia, QLD, Brighton
Joined Sep 2006
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvar View Post
Is this an easy flyer? With the twin twirl you have built does it auto rotate? What happens if you lose a rotor?
hey kvar. The model is yet to be Maidened. But the twin twirl that i have is the easiest flyer ever. As far as auto rotate, i just wait for the blades to start turning and give her full throttle. If you loose a rotor i would suspect you might have a death spiral.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:30 PM
Australia, QLD, Brighton
Joined Sep 2006
150 Posts
Flew this beauty the other day. Several times. She is fantastic and I highly recommend it. Here is a video.
Quadratwirl Rc Foamy (1 min 30 sec)
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:01 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
That is just too cute for words.

The only 'gyro I've had - which needs to be dealt with - was a larger version of the twin rotor concept kitted in England back in the last century. I built mine around 1982 or so, powered with a 20 glow, and of similar layout to the Twin Twirl. Due to an unusual building process - I sold it to a clubmate part built and bought it back complete and somewhat over-painted later on - it was way overweight, but still flew fine.

The rotor blades stopping at the tops of loops always got folks' attention! Not as purebred as a single rotor with nearly as much complication as a heliowopiter, but multi rotors are a lot of fun. THank you for the video.

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Sep 2007
495 Posts
Terrific model lemuel!
I build my q-twirl in 2008 and here are some pictures I took during the building phase but I forgot to post a video. Hope you may like it. video
Guizzo 17 is offline Find More Posts by Guizzo 17
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:28 PM
Australia, QLD, Brighton
Joined Sep 2006
150 Posts
thanks guys. I flew her again this morning. I am discovering that i can move the cg back from where the plan stipulates. I need a slightly larger motor so i can fly on less than 3/4 throttle. I have made a mono twirl since this quadratwirl and it flies really well also.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:53 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,787 Posts
very cool

plans?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:50 PM
Australia, QLD, Brighton
Joined Sep 2006
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
very cool

plans?
Easy, just type in quadra twirl rc in google. Real easy to find. Any problems let me know.