HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Eastcoast78, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Here is a video of the drift problem I'm having. Please check it out and let me know your thoughts.
KK2 QUAD Test Flight (1 min 44 sec)

I haven't messed with the settings yet because I think the board is broken or buggy. As you can see the first 5 seconds of flight is pretty much right on. But the longer I fly it the more it starts to drift.
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,482 Posts
looking good! I think your I gain is a bit to high. as i can see a bit of slow oscilation.

As for the drift that your seeing!! thats normal...and ive seen worst!! What is your P and I settings on AL?

the less they are the less controlyou have.. seems like all she wants to do is drift left..?
I noticed you are leveling on the basis of the foam casing...that can be level all day by your KK maybe off inside it..mine was...

now i have it mouning on the back..casue i had a little crash and bents the plugs...But the kk is fine..now unless i land on a rock and it hits the KK its pretty protected.

Dont get to caught up on that amount of drift.

take it outside and give it +40-50 on the Roll trim in the AL menu...and seeif that trims that bit of drift out...mine still drifts abit to the front left...

remember AL is not gps hold and it is going to drift...have you tried with out AL?

once you trimthe AL out to your liking...moove on to tuning the P and I in the editor...
i have a video uploading from to day at the park
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Feb 2009
184 Posts
Don't you have any problem with the KK board placed not in the center?

Is more protective there...!
pabmadi is offline Find More Posts by pabmadi
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:05 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,482 Posts
Not at all pabmadi, Its not so great of a protective place as say in the middle of the 2 plates..but its better then being on top like i used to have and with the LCD on the KK2.0 id have to be taking the battery off all the time to peek through the top plate to see what im doing as for when tuning/adjusting On my old quad i used to use a CD case..
How to build a Quadcopter in 5hrs (2 min 46 sec)

heres 2 videos from yesterday you can be the judge;0)
KK2.0 Fall Colors (5 min 26 sec)

Hobby King Q450 KK2 (5 min 25 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:15 AM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
I wound up getting rid of the foam encasing and added some 3mm pegs to elevate it off the center of the chasis. Now that it was properly leveled the drift has seemed to be minimized. What do you have your P and I settings set too?

I used the AL settings to dial in the drift so today I took it oustide and flew it a couple of times. It's FUN. Mine still oscilates a little much but it's pretty quick. I think I may purchase the upgrade to RealFlight 6.5 they have a Quad in thier with real flight dynamics just to practice. It's harder to fly that I thought. I thought with my helicopter experience that I would be able to turn it around and fly it back at me but it's harder than I thought. I'll practice a little more tomorrow.
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:56 AM
Marlborough UK, The World
Joined Apr 2010
196 Posts
Hi guys,
How do you set up the motor to start at the same time? I try to do the esc calibration, but it goes through all the beeps whether i have the throttle at full or low? One motor doesn't start till 50% throttle.
Cheers Lee

Edit: Never mind. After about the 10th try ESC calibration worked. Very awkward to do when you are by yourself.
450 BOY is offline Find More Posts by 450 BOY
Last edited by 450 BOY; Nov 15, 2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:27 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450 BOY View Post
Hi guys,
How do you set up the motor to start at the same time? I try to do the esc calibration, but it goes through all the beeps whether i have the throttle at full or low? One motor doesn't start till 50% throttle.
Cheers Lee

Edit: Never mind. After about the 10th try ESC calibration worked. Very awkward to do when you are by yourself.
Cool glad you got it worked out! sometime doing the ecs calibration by yourself can be tricky. another way is
1. Unplug all your esc leads from the KK(M1,M2, M3 and M4)
2. turn on radio and put throttle to 100%
3. (Pre)plug in your battery
4. Hold buttons 1 and 4
5. Plug any esc lead into M1(KK board well power up)
6. wait till you hear the first 2 beeps then put thr to 0%

Then you well hear the normal arming beeps. The number of beeps correspond to the number of cells in your battery ie 3 beeps for 3s, 4 beeps for a 4s etc.
That should do it...

Also if you are by yourself and you want to do it the Normal way. Find to small plastic type clamps and use them to hold the buttons 1 and 4 down for you...
cloths pins work great
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2013, 01:29 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,482 Posts
Fidy$Trainer been along time, hows the quad now? ive been FPVing mine as of late ;0)
fpv quad flight...without crash (6 min 30 sec)
RCG Plus Member