311 Posts
I know that Eneloops can't take a hard draw. They will crash. Dennis
Dadstoysbg is offline Find More Posts by Dadstoysbg
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:14 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,986 Posts
These cells are the multi colors versions with ID # HR-3UTGA min 1900ma I also use earlier white cells .
Read their published specs - they are 1 C type cells .
They are excellent batteries - for their intended use.
They simply will not tolerate much load .
If your model has tiny servos which are correctly setup - you may never have a problem.
but
My own criteria is a pack which partially depleted ,will never drop over one volt on a two amp load.
My A123 1100 ma packs on that test, drop .3 volt.
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:07 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
So if I switch to Spektrum DSMX I won't have any problems whatsoever?? Seems a bold claim....

Simple thing is that most issues are unrelated to signal and most people don't have the understanding or the honesty to properly post analyse a crash....

However as remote as TX and RX failure modes on any given system they do happen...however back to the OP ..... problems that can happen is a broad band of noise being dumped noise that could swamp your signals...as mentioned earlier.....however this can happen to all signals operating within such an area.

DSMX - FHSS - FASST....etc all good systems and each perform adequately for all situations for the most part....the choice should be on what you feel is best suited and what you have faith in due to experience yourself or people/friends you may have that you can share and value their experiences....problem with using a forum is you need to take a lot of it with a pinch of salt...too many people with an axe to grind....or simply offer non factual information or incorrect information due to the fact they have nothing better to do...
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Oct 2007
6,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
So if I switch to ( your choice here )I won't have any problems whatsoever?? Seems a bold claim....

T'would be nice tho---
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
So if I switch to Spektrum DSMX I won't have any problems whatsoever?? Seems a bold claim....
Sure! Until the next jam-tastic threat comes along. And, it will...eventually...
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Oct 2007
6,986 Posts
Back to real world - 99% of 2.4 problems have no relationship with jammed signals .
This red herring of interferrence is simply a pipe dream raised by those who really can't get power/ antenna setups correct.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:36 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
If only it were that simple! There are areas off to each side that are affected too. It looks more like a bell curve.

A channel isn't a single frequency, it's a continuous band of frequencies between two points. Instead of 1280 think 1260 to 1300 (for the 40MHz he mentioned). Then you double both of them - 2520 and 2600. Then you add on the crap to each side, and it's suddenly very easy to see how they overlap a little.

If you could look at a spectrum analyzer you would see a bell curve that is highest in the 2520-2600 range but still extends outwards some.

Andy
Yeah I kinda knew that I guess. That's what I get for looking at Wikipedia

It lists the center frequency and band width, so I just did some simple math... but yeah you're right, a transmitter sitting on 1280 could be 'using' 1260 to 1300 for frequency modulation.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:38 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
No surprise to me -
A a 4.8 v 750 ma pack -even fully charged is typically far smaller than all but the most tiny servos can use.
I got into a little discussion with a guy on using th 2000ma ENELOOPS as rx packs - he said -they sell em as rx packs and they work.
In testing them using Horizon ampmeter set on 2 amps - -each pack of four I tested (I have a bunch of latest ENELOOP) dropped instantly from 5.5 v to 3.8 aprox-that is a 1.7 volt drop!
As long as users persist in using cells with little ability to resist voltage depression- the problem with "rx failure" will just keep on going.
I don't expect the problem to go away-
I beg to differ.

For several years, I fly my 3.2m F3B plane with a 4.8V eneloop pack. All digital servos, and the ones in the wings are amazingly cheap chinese ones.
Last eastern, the plane lay in the snow for 2 hours, then I took it for a long flight and some DS, and even when I came in for landing and pulled the butterly brake, I had not the slightest problem. I fly Jeti and have the telemetry set to 4.2V warning or so.
In my experience, Eneloops work well while being frozen in my biggest plane with power-hungry servos.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Oct 2007
6,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
I beg to differ.

For several years, I fly my 3.2m F3B plane with a 4.8V eneloop pack. All digital servos, and the ones in the wings are amazingly cheap chinese ones.
Last eastern, the plane lay in the snow for 2 hours, then I took it for a long flight and some DS, and even when I came in for landing and pulled the butterly brake, I had not the slightest problem. I fly Jeti and have the telemetry set to 4.2V warning or so.
In my experience, Eneloops work well while being frozen in my biggest plane with power-hungry servos.
OK- but that does not alter my test results
As you know test results and theories may not appear same as actual practice results - I tested a bunchof my batteries - all the same and even using different meters same results They ARE 1 c batteries -- read the mfgrs specs . Thats where I got the info.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Yeah I kinda knew that I guess. That's what I get for looking at Wikipedia
Yeah, Wiki's a real, ahem, "reliable" source for your "footnoting". But, not unexpected. Not at all. Typical, really...
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
Exactly. Sanyo Eneloops work just fine. Their new XX batteries are even better for high current drain applications. Don't get as many charge cycles out of them as the older versions, though.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Oct 2007
6,986 Posts
Objectively - the xx are still, 25 Mohm and the highest current rating I can find is at.1000ma .
They are 1C cells ,period -if you feel that is enough for your application -fine by me.
I like far more overhad under load - a 1100ma A123 pack is far better in maintaining voltage under load .
In that the prime reason for 2.4 failure is power failure - I Be preparred to run into problems if your servos really draw power .
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:43 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,703 Posts
Sorry jasmine. The guy has no shame and poor moral character. Looks as if he may be trolling you now. Gives me a break for a few days at least.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:40 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Sorry jasmine. The guy has no shame and poor moral character. Looks as if he may be trolling you now. Gives me a break for a few days at least.
All I see is a blank space. Ignoring someone is the best policy. I only see his posts when somebody quotes them.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
All I see is a blank space. Ignoring someone is the best policy. I only see his posts when somebody quotes them.
You click on "view post" and you know it. We all do.