HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:57 PM
Shoreline, WA
Joined May 2004
365 Posts
Mini-Review
ProPeak Sigma EQ Mini AC/DC Charger

I wanted a charger that could operate from AC. I have two that use 12VDC and I have a power supply for them. My hobby room is downstairs and the TV is upstairs and I wanted the capability of charging my LiPo's where I could keep an eye on them. The charger was purchased from www.hobbypeople.net for $49.99 plus $6.99 shipping and the service was very prompt.

The charger will charge 1-4S of LiPo/Li-Ion/Li/Fe, 1-10S NiCD/NiMh, 6-12V Pb, max charge power 45 watts. It comes with a 110VAC line cord, connectors for 12V DC input, and several battery input connectors. The unit is very small, 4.3" (110mm) X 3.2" (83mm) X 1.5" (39mm). It comes with a Operating Manual which is pretty complete but has been updated on the Ripmax web site: http://www2.ripmax.net/Item.aspx?ItemID=O-IP3040

So far I've charged two transmitters with NiCad's and three different LiPo's. I don't have the technical capability to asses accuracy, but I checked them on my other chargers which said they were fully charged.

The operation of the unit takes a little getting used to. The display has 6 characters and some of the messages aren't clear. It takes pushing the right button in the right sequence to get where you want to go. Now that I'm getting used to it I refer to the manual less and less but at the beginning it wasn't simple.

One error in the manual is that while the unit can charge LiPo's it can only charge more than one cell if the cell balancer (shown in the photo) is used. It's a balance charger for the LiPo's, which is a good thing. If you plug in a LiPo with more than one cell, it displays Error Message: ERR 0 which is not in the manual. That message means "Use the balancer".

All in all I'm happy with the unit and even if I knew before I bought it that LiPo's have to have a balance port to be charged, I would have bought anyway.

Richard S
LSF226 is offline Find More Posts by LSF226
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
I have ni -mh 4500 8.4v and I using the sigma eq mini and can't figure it out to save my life if anyone could help I'm new to all this thank
Sidd86 is offline Find More Posts by Sidd86
Old Aug 18, 2013, 02:15 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2010
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF226 View Post
I wanted a charger that could operate from AC. I have two that use 12VDC and I have a power supply for them. My hobby room is downstairs and the TV is upstairs and I wanted the capability of charging my LiPo's where I could keep an eye on them. The charger was purchased from www.hobbypeople.net for $49.99 plus $6.99 shipping and the service was very prompt.

The charger will charge 1-4S of LiPo/Li-Ion/Li/Fe, 1-10S NiCD/NiMh, 6-12V Pb, max charge power 45 watts. It comes with a 110VAC line cord, connectors for 12V DC input, and several battery input connectors. The unit is very small, 4.3" (110mm) X 3.2" (83mm) X 1.5" (39mm). It comes with a Operating Manual which is pretty complete but has been updated on the Ripmax web site: http://www2.ripmax.net/Item.aspx?ItemID=O-IP3040

So far I've charged two transmitters with NiCad's and three different LiPo's. I don't have the technical capability to asses accuracy, but I checked them on my other chargers which said they were fully charged.

The operation of the unit takes a little getting used to. The display has 6 characters and some of the messages aren't clear. It takes pushing the right button in the right sequence to get where you want to go. Now that I'm getting used to it I refer to the manual less and less but at the beginning it wasn't simple.

One error in the manual is that while the unit can charge LiPo's it can only charge more than one cell if the cell balancer (shown in the photo) is used. It's a balance charger for the LiPo's, which is a good thing. If you plug in a LiPo with more than one cell, it displays Error Message: ERR 0 which is not in the manual. That message means "Use the balancer".

All in all I'm happy with the unit and even if I knew before I bought it that LiPo's have to have a balance port to be charged, I would have bought anyway.

Richard S
Hi
Im trying to charge a Ni-MH battery 7.2v but I cant figure out how to charge it it just displays ni-h on the LCD screen which sort of like blinks from left to right, but in the manual it has a picture of 70.10 after u press type stopp and another CHA- which I cant get it to display

can u help?
Potnoodleman is offline Find More Posts by Potnoodleman