HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
RW9UAO, could you tell me what receiver gave you the following channel searching sequence:

...and in what circumstances? Did it do on the initial channel synchronization after power on, or just when the signal is lost somehow?
If the latter, how did you make it to loose signal? Did you simply turn off the tx?

It's still bothering me...
If you send a bind sequence and then don't follow it up with any data, the Rx goes into search mode and does this. It is how I grabbed the initial 1000 sequences. I just ignored every other one to generate the proper order.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
If you send a bind sequence and then don't follow it up with any data, the Rx goes into search mode and does this. It is how I grabbed the initial 1000 sequences. I just ignored every other one to generate the proper order.
So does it probably only do that at power on?
Would be interesting to know, if the receiver starts to search that way after some time in case of a signal loss. I know that in theory they should stay in sync, but what happens for example on a tx reboot?
Unfortunately I don't have any Spektrum stuff to try...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:07 AM
Russian Federation, Kemerovskaya oblast, Kemerovo
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
receiver is binded. DX8 powered, led on RX (satellite, receiver i broken =( ) on. grab SPI, take a channels table. power off DX8, led on RX is off. grab SPI, receiver start going for a jmp_tbl in both directions.

edit: i think, this method work in any case of sync lost, reboot RX, reboot TX, low RSSI. programmers a lazy =)
look, receiver is reboot/powered, it generate channel list based on manID, try listen channel on 0 index, no irq in a 7 msec, ALARMA!!!! jmp to sync find procedure.
RW9UAO is offline Find More Posts by RW9UAO
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW9UAO View Post
receiver is binded. DX8 powered, led on RX (satellite, receiver i broken =( ) on. grab SPI, take a channels table. power off DX8, led on RX is off. grab SPI, receiver start going for a jmp_tbl in both directions.
Thanks!
So it tries to get back on track, and probably will work again if you turn the tx back on...
Only one question remained: how long the rx waits before starting to search for the channels...

EDIT: "and probably will work again if you turn the tx back on..." at least if the tx allows you to turn it on with some throttle on...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
how long the rx waits before starting to search for the channels...
if i write firmware for dsmX receiver, i use a normal pause for timeout, 4 or 7 msec. i do not receive packet, next on another frequency, on what? i need a scan.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
at least if the tx allows you to turn it on with some throttle on...
it`s a good question, how long time we need to go to failsafe? 1 sec? 2 sec? is go to failsafe values softly or hardly? if softly, what time need to change value? my heli ESC do not love fast off and go back, main gear will be broken.
many questions for receiver software author.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
look, receiver is reboot/powered, it generate channel list based on manID, try listen channel on 0 index, no irq in a 7 msec, ALARMA!!!! jmp to sync find procedure.
Yep. On a receiver reboot it is clear, that it will immediately search for the channels.

However, what would it do in case of one or more missing packets?
I guess it won't jump immediately to channel search, since it takes a long time, and it might be only some shading or interference, so will receive the next packets...
The question is how much time (or how many missed packets) it waits before starting to search for the channels.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
The question is how much time (or how many missed packets) it waits before starting to search for the channels.
need an experiment with grab SPI, not today. go to sleep, 22:30 on a board.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
need an experiment with grab SPI, not today. go to sleep, 22:30 on a board.
Thanks!

Quote:
EDIT: "and probably will work again if you turn the tx back on..." at least if the tx allows you to turn it on with some throttle on...
PB, just an idea: Shouldn't you dismiss the safety warning in case of improper previous shutdown (i.e. reboot)?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
PB, just an idea: Shouldn't you dismiss the safety warning in case of improper previous shutdown (i.e. reboot)?
Maybe. It isn't all that easy to detect though. Also, you can just press ENT to continue in that case. And I hope to not have any reboots in the 1st place
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Maybe. It isn't all that easy to detect though. Also, you can just press ENT to continue in that case. And I hope to not have any reboots in the 1st place
Yep, but for the time you realize it will be too late...
I've already got a "possible" reboot report with v2.1, detected only by the startup tune of the idle tx...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
This isn't the place to discuss it, but properly recovering on a watchdog reboot is very hard. It requires a lot more than just not showing the safety dialog. Even if you can detect the reboot was caused by the watchdog, you don't have access to the original RNG value or timers, so your channel selection and ID may not be the same.

Also, bugs should be reported so that I can try to fix them

Enough about Deviation though. There are better places for these discussions.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:53 AM
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
slow start of "orange 6 ch dsmX receiver" project.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
Code:
while(1){
	for(i = 0; i < 22; i++){
		if( receive(channel_list[i], CRC_SEED_index) ){
			//oops, we have a error in receive
			c = 0;
			i = 0;
			do{
				if(i > 22) i = 0;
				if( !receive(channel_list[jump_table[i++]], CRC_SEED_index) ){
					//found good channel
					c = i;
				}
			}while(c == 0);
		}
		if(CRC_SEED_index)CRC_SEED_index = 0;
		else CRC_SEED_index = 1;
	}
}
work. reconnect after signal lost, reboot, etc. need about half second to reconnect. some times lost sync and fast find.
after receive buffer check:
Code:
//we receive some, check
if( RXbuffer[0] == ~mnfctID[2] && RXbuffer[1] == ~mnfctID[3]){
	//my ID ok
	LED_Data_ADDR &= ~LED_MASK;	//ON
	if(rx_irq_status == 0x7B && !(RX_STATUS_ADR & 0x08)){//
		//received packet with invert CRC_SEED
		TX8_1_CPutString("invert CRC_SEED\r\n");
		if(CRC_SEED_index)CRC_SEED_index = 0;
		else CRC_SEED_index = 1;
	}				
}
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:30 PM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,822 Posts
Hi,

New to the thread, but as we've been exchanging a couple of posts with RW9UAO on the other threads, might be better putting that here...

So, more pics of the Orange module.

Connection between the atxmega32 and the CYRF6936 consists of the 4 SPI pins (connected to the hardware SPI port of the atxmega), plus IRQ and RST.

There are 2 voltage regulators, one takes care of the processor and CYRF chip, the other is for the PA and buzzer.

PPM is wired to both TX and RX pins of UART0 through a protection resistor and +/GND clamping diodes. This means it would be rather easy to implement bidirectional communication with the radio through the PPM pin without any hardware mod. It would be hardware-supported on the module, but it's unfortunately software-controlled on the 9X. Still should allow passing enough bytes back and forth on each cycle, and support telemetry return in addition to the RC data sent as serial.

Methinks it's a good candidate to receive a custom firmware, the atxmega uses a PDI programming interface that's also conveniently broken out on the 4 pads.

The 2 unused pins on the module connector are unconnected (not grounded), so there's that just in case. It would be possible to just put a bridge between the PPM pin and one of the unused ones to route the signal back into the real UART of the radio.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah