HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:42 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just John View Post
2 tries each time too fast left turn at lift off. 2 broken props, blades good. where can I get 3 blade 10x8 props quick and cheap or is there a two blade subsitute?
thanks
I used 2bl gws 10.47 slow fly on mine and it seemed fine.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:52 AM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Aeronut41's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
395 Posts
The Auto-G and spare parts are back in stock at the USA warehouse Best, Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:48 AM
Just John
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
The wind was about 10 mph. rotor spun up very well just sitting on the ground. I think the problem is mine not feeding in enough right rudder to offset the tourqe. I'll try hand launching next time instead of shooting off across the grass soocer field. Also I have several slow stick props so I'll ty them. Thanks for the help
JJ
Just John is offline Find More Posts by Just John
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:27 AM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just John View Post
The wind was about 10 mph. rotor spun up very well just sitting on the ground. I think the problem is mine not feeding in enough right rudder to offset the tourqe. I'll try hand launching next time instead of shooting off across the grass soocer field.
JJ
Sorry for all the questions but I'm a newbie gyro pilot, regarding not enough RUDD during your ROG was your Throttle applied "slowly" with rotation at 1/2 Throttle? Or did you end up reaching Full Throttle for takeoff when she rolled?

We were at Full Throttle when ours rolled over, again, not realizing 'bour rotor blade speed prior to flight.
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:14 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
11 Posts
auto g maiden

hand-launch is best way to go if you got the sound then power and little push
changed rota nuts to one locknut and one tooth pick really saved the day
no wind = no flight
5-12 mph today was good lean it back get the blades whistling then power and launch

i had problems with rudder steering and Aileron
great autogyro bounces well but many bad landings tip overs did break prop in the end

will a GWS prop 10x6 orange be ok for a replacement
crispinchurch is offline Find More Posts by crispinchurch
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:52 PM
Certifiable
Dacono Air's Avatar
USA, CO, Dacono
Joined Aug 2009
1,822 Posts
My AG has been assembled and ready to maiden but the weather is not cooperating, it's currently snowing.
I took it outside on Sunday to let the hurricane force winds spool up the blades....it looks like I have a bit more balancing to do.....and I managed to clip my bicep while they were spooled up..owwww!, Thank god for the toothpick mod or I'd be replacing the hub - blades - and probably an arm!.
On a side note - I sent a quote off for the Rotor Hub doohickey that's been breaking on these thing's and I'd like to get some feedback from AG owners on what you'd expect to pay for a replacement.
Obviously cheapcheap is good but please be realistic, they will be made from .090" thick black polycarb (lexan) and I was thinking of selling them 3 per bag.
I wouldn't be out to make a fortune on these - if it'd buy me a dinner or 2 I'd be happy.
Dacono Air is offline Find More Posts by Dacono Air
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:38 AM
Registered User
metalwizard's Avatar
United States, UT, Hurricane
Joined Aug 2012
578 Posts
Ok got mine finally.. Standard shipping from washington state to utah... 12 days?? seriously?? they must send it by camel or something...

but anyways got her all together. and I got a dumb question.

Yeah I read about the instructions being wrong. but even knowing that its not clear. the picture shows tilt left with right aileron.. BUT it does not show you which way the thing is facing... I assume the picture is from the back of the auto g..

So bottom line pretend your sitting in the thing flying. I give right stick the head should tilt to the right (the right side should get lower the left side should get higher)
Correct??

Second question my LHS just ran out of 1300's my only choice was a 1600. its tight but it will go in.. Problem is it wont move forward or back to adjust my cg. and I'm a bit nose heavy.. I hang it by the "spinner" and the nose is down about 1 to 1.5" from the tail.

Is that going to be to nose heavy?? or is it forgiving enough?

If its NOT ok. I can add some weight to the tail for now (till I can get a 1300) but again is weight going to kill me?? I understand it will cut my flight times down a bit etc etc. but can it handle a few extra ounces and still get off the ground? unfortunately I am two week from everything here. and I really dont want to wait..

EDIT:

I just weighed this pack and it comes in at 145g's
metalwizard is offline Find More Posts by metalwizard
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:23 AM
Geezer
Rickochet's Avatar
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacono Air View Post
On a side note - I sent a quote off for the Rotor Hub doohickey that's been breaking on these thing's and I'd like to get some feedback from AG owners on what you'd expect to pay for a replacement.
Obviously cheapcheap is good but please be realistic, they will be made from .090" thick black polycarb (lexan) and I was thinking of selling them 3 per bag.
I wouldn't be out to make a fortune on these - if it'd buy me a dinner or 2 I'd be happy.
The entire blade grip assembly including the plate, hardware and shims is only $2.99 which I think would be tough to compete with. Are these rotor plates breaking from wear (flex) or from blade impact? If it is from impact I would think the toothpick mod would take care of this.

I don't mean to discourage you. If you can make an improved part at a reasonable cost go for it. And it your goal is to make a more durable part I don't think people would need three of them.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:30 AM
Geezer
Rickochet's Avatar
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwizard View Post
Second question my LHS just ran out of 1300's my only choice was a 1600. its tight but it will go in.. Problem is it wont move forward or back to adjust my cg. and I'm a bit nose heavy.. I hang it by the "spinner" and the nose is down about 1 to 1.5" from the tail.

Is that going to be to nose heavy?? or is it forgiving enough?

EDIT:

I just weighed this pack and it comes in at 145g's
FWIW my 1300mah batts weigh 103g and my 1800's are 145g.

The AG is supposed to hang about 15 nose low when picked up by the blade hub. I did this with a 1000, 1300 and 1800mah batts and I really can't tell much difference by eyeballing it. I don't know if this applies to auto gyros but I always like my fixed wins ac to balance a tad nose low. And with a heavier battery they fly a tad faster but are more stable in the wind which alway blows where I live.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:58 AM
Registered User
metalwizard's Avatar
United States, UT, Hurricane
Joined Aug 2012
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
FWIW my 1300mah batts weigh 103g and my 1800's are 145g.

The AG is supposed to hang about 15 nose low when picked up by the blade hub. I did this with a 1000, 1300 and 1800mah batts and I really can't tell much difference by eyeballing it. I don't know if this applies to auto gyros but I always like my fixed wins ac to balance a tad nose low. And with a heavier battery they fly a tad faster but are more stable in the wind which alway blows where I live.
Perfect thats what I wanted to know on the batteries.

any input on the ailerons??
metalwizard is offline Find More Posts by metalwizard
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:25 AM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
skydanz's Avatar
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwizard View Post
Perfect thats what I wanted to know on the batteries.

any input on the ailerons??
Left aileron stick should make the rotor tilt left, when viewed from behind.

D
skydanz is offline Find More Posts by skydanz
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:23 AM
Geezer
Rickochet's Avatar
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydanz View Post
Left aileron stick should make the rotor tilt left, when viewed from behind.
D
They have swapped the pictures in the instructions but still do not mention which end to view from so there is still some potential confusion. As skydanz mentioned when viewing the rotor from behind the tail looking toward the front the left side should go down when you move the stick left.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:46 PM
Registered User
metalwizard's Avatar
United States, UT, Hurricane
Joined Aug 2012
578 Posts
Perfect Guys justwanted to be sure... seemed correct but you never know!
metalwizard is offline Find More Posts by metalwizard
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwizard View Post
Perfect thats what I wanted to know on the batteries.

any input on the ailerons??
I fly with 3s 1000 and use a 30g lead weight taped to the front as it pitches up to much and not enough forward trim. A friend uses 1300 and no problems, with a 1800 I could imagine it to be heavy and perhaps fly very fast to keep in the air?
Paradude is offline Find More Posts by Paradude
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:45 PM
Registered User
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Alternate Props (from US)

Fellas, I need a prop and the oem one is only avail from Asia.

So which GWS prop would be the most suitable replacement for the stock 10x8x3 one?

10x6, three-blade:
http://gwsprops.com/10x6x3.JPG

10x8 SF:
http://gwsprops.com/1080.JPG

10x8 Direct-Drive:
http://gwsprops.com/1080HD.JPG

Other things equal, I'd prefer 3-blade; but I'm hesitant since going from the stock 8-pitch to 6-pitch might not work....

Thoughts / tips / advice?

thx
Jeff

btw...this thing is a T-R-I-P!!!!!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Slow-g slow stick auto gyro PilotDragonfly Auto Gyros 4 May 23, 2012 08:14 PM
Sold Zenoah G-23 w/muffler and FEMA auto start LotusTRBO Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 1 Jul 05, 2006 11:27 PM
Discussion Xero G Auto. epc2 Electric Heli Talk 2 Apr 01, 2006 07:08 PM
Video Xero G Auto. epc2 Electric Heli Talk 0 Apr 01, 2006 02:35 PM