If the 6 ch pans out I hope they do a 8+ channel next
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:04 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
I wonder why they're releasing yet another low-level Tx like this... isn't their current lineup with the 9X plenty?

The Module I greatly understand though. Lets you use the cheap OrangeRx's in your foamies when you want to, but your Futaba link in your $5k hotliner
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:59 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
On the front page! I had been looking at these off and on for a few years, but didn't really want to scratchbuild a gyro with a depron rotor blade.

I ordered one of the Duraflys tonight with a few spare parts for $117 Air Parcel. Maybe I'll get more interested in these now.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:12 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
I wonder why they're releasing yet another low-level Tx like this... isn't their current lineup with the 9X plenty?

The Module I greatly understand though. Lets you use the cheap OrangeRx's in your foamies when you want to, but your Futaba link in your $5k hotliner
The Orange is a 6 Channel Computer Radio (unlike most of the rest of the range) with all the functions you would expect and a few more besides and is of course compatible with the most popular Orange RX's, so we feel it makes perfect sense, many pilot's don't want or need more than 6 Channels.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:51 AM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
wonder when the orange dsmx rx's will be out.i will change almost all of my fleet from dms2 too dsmx.
wonder when the autos are going to ship.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:51 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
[ot] I see the orange dsm2 module, but only in JR case format. Is there a futaba/hitec module case format in there as well? I can't find it. [/ot]
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:25 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
The Orange is a 6 Channel Computer Radio (unlike most of the rest of the range) with all the functions you would expect and a few more besides and is of course compatible with the most popular Orange RX's, so we feel it makes perfect sense, many pilot's don't want or need more than 6 Channels.
Quote:
Features:
Standard JR compatible 5-pin connection (works with any JR compatible module-based transmitter)
Offer 4 operating modes: DSM2 1024/22ms, DSM2 2048/11ms, DSMX 22ms, DSMX 11ms
Easy to access bind button
Range check mode
Can support up to 14CH transmitters
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html

Or we speak of the mega cheap 6ch RX : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Sat_Port_.html

Anyhow ... who cares ...

Why clone "cheap" spectrum technology ... when FrSky has better module as well cheap as chips

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:29 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Only one reason: BNF helis.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:37 AM
Fuzzy user
Italy, Lombardy, Griante
Joined Oct 2003
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
Only one reason: BNF helis.
...and other flying toys
Lucam is offline Find More Posts by Lucam
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:15 AM
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
Looks like HK has the Auto-Gs back in stock. Question for the experts out there. Are the Gyrocopters in the "Clear View Simulator" any where close to flying an actual model Gyrocopter? I was thinking on trying the Clear View simulator out with some of the 3rd party model autogyros for practice.
~Fred
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:30 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2012
149 Posts
Just ordered one and looking forward to flying it. Yes the simulator will help. This thing will turn like a chopper this is not a bank and yank. You will need to use rudder to swing the tail around to complete turns like a Heli
S2000442 is online now Find More Posts by S2000442
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:55 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html

Or we speak of the mega cheap 6ch RX : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Sat_Port_.html

Anyhow ... who cares ...

Why clone "cheap" spectrum technology ... when FrSky has better module as well cheap as chips

Er, your point ignoring the thousands of Orange DSM2 RX users?! Anyway, back to Auto-G's.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:55 PM
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
S2000442
I will try the Clear View Sim. out. I am hopeing that alot of the people buying the Auto-G will post here on thier flying results and/or mods. From what I am reading about the Autogyros is, they should be hand launched , (with the rotor spinning fast enough) for the first few flights till you get them trimmed out good. I guess R.O.G.ing is alittle on the tricky side especially, if the rotor isn't spinning fast enough.
~Fred
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:08 PM
Fuzzy user
Italy, Lombardy, Griante
Joined Oct 2003
655 Posts
true, you need proper blades rpm before take off. but it's easy to take off from ground, just do not add elevator, the gyro will fly by itself when speed is enough.
Lucam is offline Find More Posts by Lucam
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:27 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucam View Post
true, you need proper blades rpm before take off. but it's easy to take off from ground, just do not add elevator, the gyro will fly by itself when speed is enough.
+1

Assuming you have a nice flat strip of asphalt or land that can be used for take off

Personally I have not such a place, and I don't believe it can take off from a grass field unless is like a golf green

So ... I will experiment with hand launch

It will be nice to have some way to power the main rotor at take off ... like some real autogyro.can do

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70