RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:01 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
so does this have cp blades?
More the cp blades ... these rc autogyro have a "standard" profile used for aeroplanes wings

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:04 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeLandings View Post
Got mine in the air today, flies well but I can't help but think the roll servos are at there limit as it felt slushy in roll.

Modified my UC and added larger wheels to cope with grass up at the field.

Here is a video of me flying mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb4QX...1&feature=plcp

Regards
Rich
Nice video ...

Interesting ... still nobody making loops like in the HK daily video

Can't believe HK guys are better pilots then "rcgroups" people
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:10 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,561 Posts
okay

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
More the cp blades ... these rc autogyro have a "standard" profile used for aeroplanes wings

Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,253 Posts
Quote:
Got mine in the air today, flies well but I can't help but think the roll servos are at there limit as it felt slushy in roll.

Nice flying and landing Rich!

Is that the stock UC wire with the legs just bent forward? What size wheels were those?
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:05 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
YES The AILERON DIRECTIONS ARE WRONG in the instructions. I did a test hop on my street and the thing flipped on its side. I reversed the aileron to the intuitive LEAN RIGHT for RIGHT and visa versa. Then it flew perfect.

Goodness.

I couldn't maiden because conditions were not good this weekend. But turns out that it is lucky I didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have seen this warning, and my maiden very likely would not have been successful!

Thanks much for sharing.
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
hold the gyrocopter angled back at about 45deg to the wind and let the blades spin up then when they're up to speed level off and throw with power on.
Flys great , just dont stall it on landing , ....like i did on the second flight.........
Definitely will hold her back at the 45deg angle if we hand-launch her!!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
I had zero wind so I did the ROG. I spun the blade and gave it enough throttle to get it moving and as soon as I got 5-10 feet I gave it full power. The first video in the a previous thread shows how the thing rolls hard to the left side on ROG. I'm not sure why but it happens every time I take off slowly but I had to laugh at that piece of the video because it's so predictable. Everytime I tried to take off like that it would roll hard onto the blades.

I found success when I got it moving and then went to full throttle and right aileron as soon as the tail comes up.

It's really quirky to fly as it never seems that the aileron control is happy at neutral stick. When it rolls on its side it loses lift and altitude rather quickly. Unlike a fixed wing where you bank and yank, this thing is all about rudder.
Thanks for your more detailed report Ducati!! Much appreciated! If we decide for the ROG takeoff we'll make sure the rotors are up to speed!! Did you let her get airborne on her own? Or did you add some Up ELE to get her airborne? I'm guessing when the rotor gets up to speed she flies off on her own??

Quote:

Here is a video of me flying mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb4QX...1&feature=plcp

Regards
Rich
NICE flying Rich!! Takeoff, flying & landing!! Way cool!! I'm guessing UC is Under Carriage? So not only larger wheels added but did you widen your struts?? That sure does looks nice!!
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:49 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Nice video ...

Interesting ... still nobody making loops like in the HK daily video

Can't believe HK guys are better pilots then "rcgroups" people
Something tells me that the video demo version isn't using stock parts...
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:11 AM
Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg
Joined Sep 2005
261 Posts
safelandings video

Nice flight and, above all, landing!

I'm a mode 1 flyer, but observing the sluggishness of aileron/quickness of rudder, I think I will assign rudder on the right stick and aileron on the left stick. What about rudder/aileron or aileron/rudder mix?

This will be one of those models where you can have endless sessions of "just try this mix before I go home"...

Hope HK delivers this week, as weather over here is near perfect for evening test flights of a new model...
Aender69 is offline Find More Posts by Aender69
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:14 AM
Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg
Joined Sep 2005
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
I assume their videos are simply 12+ hours of raw footage, smartly edited by a gifted cutter to 2 minutes of best-of....

God knows how many HK preproduction/first batch models are ruined in flight this way...
Aender69 is offline Find More Posts by Aender69
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:35 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aender69 View Post
I assume their videos are simply 12+ hours of raw footage, smartly edited by a gifted cutter to 2 minutes of best-of....

God knows how many HK preproduction/first batch models are ruined in flight this way...
The question is:

Does the stock motor has enough power for loop ?
Just double checked, and the loop is done without gaining speed from a dive ... still the video is almost on a slope site, so maybe some up push wind could help in this environment ... but .. it should be marginal

I'm surprise nobody did try it.
To loop is what I do first in all my birds ... is one of the nicer figure with the least skills required

If HK has used different parts then stock for make the video ... it will be really really ... a terrible joke for everybody who bought this bird based on their video.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:03 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,602 Posts
The Auto-G in the vid is totally stock, the loops take a little practice that's all, it's much more about technique than power.......loops are not difficult, you just need to get the technique right and practice.......something else as well....we get ONE model to make a video with and the filming usually takes no more than half a dozen flights.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:16 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
744 Posts
Good on you Scott for pipping up there , you beat me to it.

Flew mine on the weekend and it flies great out of the box , minimal setup.
Had more than enough power for those manouvers , just didnt want to push it that far on my maiden , but i recon it would loop no worries at all, stall turns are neat but .!!!

Cheers
Patrick
hpcoolahan is online now Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:22 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
The Auto-G in the vid is totally stock, the loops take a little practice that's all, it's much more about technique than power.......loops are not difficult, you just need to get the technique right and practice.......something else as well....we get ONE model to make a video with and the filming usually takes no more than half a dozen flights.
Thanks for the clarification ...

Hacking a product for make a better video, would cost more time (and if you know how to easily hack a product, why not make a better product on first place ) ... making more then 1 video a day ... I hope you don't spend too much money for it .. time = money = more expensive prices on HK ... cheap as chips should be always the moto there

So ... Barry is not only a nice guy ... but as well a good pilot too

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: I personally believe that there is no much skills needed for make a loop ... just full power ... full elevator ... and ... even without cutting power on the top ... it should loop no matter what ...anyhow ... soon I should be able to experiment it ... I still need to get the custom letter for tax declaration, so ... possibly still more then 1 week of waiting for me