SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:58 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,464 Posts
Mine's arrived in England and as of 23.21 last night and is sitting at Heathrow airport, with any luck it'll clear customs without fuss and I'll have it soon. Somehow though I think I might be hit with customs charges again .
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:14 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Hold model with it tilted rearward about 45* or more, walk/run forward until blades are up to speed ....
i tried this but i just could not get it to spool up. i was dizzier from spinning around and around on the spot and knacked from running lol.
doing a rog i thought would never work on grass,but its easy once we bent the wheel to counter act the left turn. car park will be a total breeze for it and less chance of failure i think.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:16 PM
madjeff
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
Mine's arrived in England and as of 23.21 last night and is sitting at Heathrow airport, with any luck it'll clear customs without fuss and I'll have it soon. Somehow though I think I might be hit with customs charges again .
i never got hit with customs charges and i had few more things in the box
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssss18 View Post
i never got hit with customs charges and i had few more things in the box
Customs seem to hate me mate, I've had quite a few orders from HK over the last couple of years but lately I get the impression they're out to get me. I can just imagine them saying "Hey up, It's him again, let's build up the Christmas party slush fund".
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:25 PM
madjeff
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
Like sssss said, the grass was tall and the Auto-G wheels are small. I'm thinking slower take-off roll outs were probably not an option. He did okay. In time he'll get a feel for it. Get on a sim and learn to use the rudder and make rudder/aileron coordinated turns.

Mike
thanks for the comments guys, you are right i need to learn to use the rudder, at my club i have a saying whats rudder do then lol.
well i need to learn to use it now. people who fly helis and planes will find this easy to fly.

was thinking of bigger wheels but this will make the rotor angle more different.
not sure if it will make a difference or not.
nice sunny day with little to no wind and a rog take off i think it will be more relaxing and less stressful lol
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:30 PM
madjeff
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
Customs seem to hate me mate, I've had quite a few orders from HK over the last couple of years but lately I get the impression they're out to get me. I can just imagine them saying "Hey up, It's him again, let's build up the Christmas party slush fund".
yep iv had my fer share of customs chargers and parcel force having there cut too.
Last edited by sssss18; Nov 08, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:57 PM
York England
Joined Jul 2002
588 Posts
no customs charge ..had 3 lipos in the box as well.
gyronuts is offline Find More Posts by gyronuts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
sssss18,
Did you fly your Auto-G just after assembly, straight out of the box or, did you prep with balancing the Rotor blades and check the CG? If straight out of the box, it looks like the Auto-G is set up pretty good box stock. I have a spare set of 70mm Trexlers that might work for the tall grass. Maybe bend up some wider, wire landing gear too. Thanks for the maiden review, pretty much an eye openner.
~Fred
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:57 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,034 Posts
Nice video sssss18 !!
she's fast hey should have plenty power for loop thats cool!!
thanks for sharing mate
trexpilot is offline Find More Posts by trexpilot
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:04 PM
madjeff
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrated View Post
sssss18,
Did you fly your Auto-G just after assembly, straight out of the box or, did you prep with balancing the Rotor blades and check the CG? If straight out of the box, it looks like the Auto-G is set up pretty good box stock. I have a spare set of 70mm Trexlers that might work for the tall grass. Maybe bend up some wider, wire landing gear too. Thanks for the maiden review, pretty much an eye openner.
~Fred
hi Fred no balancing of the prop seemed to run smooth and rotor blades seemed ok. i just used a motor shaft and spun the blades and each time different blade fell to the bottom so that was good enough for me. if one was heavy then it would of pointed down almost every rotation.
one thing i did not mention was the manual seems confusing on the stick directions to head movement. page 8 it shows move the stick on tx right and the rotor head moves left.
i set mine up and flown this way with stick held right and the rotor head moves right
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:19 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000442 View Post
So how exactly would you hand launch this think like they recommend?
It is really easy but takes 2 people initially (but then all hand-launch models should be thrown by somebody else until you are used to them!), firstly, you must be 100% into wind, then flick the main rotor to start it spinning, full throttle on tractor motor, thrower takes a couple of steps forward and firm push.......now, it WILL veer left for a second or two (arc left would be more accurate) until the main rotor catches up so be ready for it and make sure you have nothing to hit on launch to the left. After a little practice, I found that holding the Auto-G at around 45 degree's to the right at launch helped the curve left but obviously the pilot needs to be ready for it as well.

As for flying, rudder/aileron co-ordinated turns are a must, it's just practice if you are not used to it......fly a Piper Cub in the wind for a while....you will soon master it!
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:14 AM
madjeff
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
Scott will the UK be getting spares for this soon, as just ordering 3 rotor blades and nothing else would cost with postage half the price of a complete,,new auto-g.
think for now i will wait till the seavixen is out and order some then with that order.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:32 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Scott will the UK be getting spares for this soon, as just ordering 3 rotor blades and nothing else would cost with postage half the price of a complete,,new auto-g.
think for now i will wait till the seavixen is out and order some then with that order.

Yes, oversize package if it is below 500g as total, I can see that HK try to avoid to allow to use the "cheap" air-parcel ... that is 22.8$ instead of ~40$ for EMS.

Sometime you need to either order some no JIT or add "weight" for get up to 500 or 1kg ... for get a cheaper shipping option. ... so it is "funny" that you have to hack the system for get a cheaper price

Anyhow, it is true that 22.8$ minimum shipping for get a single new blade is quite expensive .. but in theory you have a lot of free weight for order other stuffs ... so the shipping cost can be divided by multiple items ...

Clearly as more item can be available in local warehouse as better it is

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Scott ... any news for get a Cerva auto-gyro rotor head back in stock ? ... I see you just bring this auto-gyro in Netherlander .. so maybe you still have some production going on ... and clearly ... the rotor head from Cierva, in not only a nice spare to have for the Cierva, but as well is an excellent hop ups for the auto-g
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:56 AM
Wolverhampton, England
Joined Jun 2010
389 Posts
Or just save the time money and hassle and make some blades of your own.
So many people have spent so much time on here telling us all how to do it that there is no excuse....and it's much more satisfying to fly with some blades you've made

Rich
Ricardo1500 is offline Find More Posts by Ricardo1500
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:11 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Seeing as the Sea Vixen is due next week......probably the best option to order both together.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello