HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:56 AM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
Looking forward to the first test flight Best, Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
Last edited by Aeronut41; Nov 06, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered User
Belgium, famous for its brushless sprouts
Joined Feb 2007
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aender69 View Post
Just some tiny little bit of off-topic:

I quit venturing in german-speaking forums long ago as people over there tend to bash and thrash one another for weeks at a time. It's a shame seeing this attitude popping up here...
Exactly the same reason why I left several Dutch speaking forums in the past. Lots of moderators, no moderation... I thank the RC gods the moderators over here took action.

I never take sides and I don't even read flaming discussions like these, but it clutters up an otherwise good topic.
Doesn't the proverb say: 'You can win an internet discussion but you will still look retarded.'
Come on guys, stop it, send each other a PM, walk away.

And stay on topic...
Commander Clumsy is offline Find More Posts by Commander Clumsy
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:48 AM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Apr 2000
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
Well, that was a really quick build.

Followed the manual exactly and it went together without any drama. See the attachments for some notes.

Ended up with three extra pieces: 2x clevises and 1x triangular thing.

Notes:

6. I'm assuming rotor blades need to be balanced too. No idea how to do that, either. Time to use the search function again...
I have an idea that these blades won't need too much, if any, balancing. But if you find they do I've got a sure fire and relatively easy way to balance and C/G a set of blades so that they all come out exactly the same. You'll have to make or buy a couple tools.

In fact, I've got a set of PT-25 blades I haven't covered yet and could do a little pic-tutorial if anybody cares.

Mike
CryHavoc is offline Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:23 AM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
In fact, I've got a set of PT-25 blades I haven't covered yet and could do a little pic-tutorial if anybody cares.

Mike

I say go for it Mike if you have the time.

I've balanced/CG'd a fair share of heli blades but could always stand to learn a better/different way.

Speaking of covering blades, I need to get the last 2 covered for my Doozy a/gyro and get that thing done finally...
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:18 PM
Central Massachusetts
Joined Aug 2006
1,262 Posts
It's here

The box arrived today and I can say it was well packed. The foam is dense and very sturdy with the parts laid out without issue. I built it up in about 30 minutes while working on putting supper in the oven.

The maiden will be this weekend. I have work taking up all the daylight hours.
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:59 PM
Ooh! I am so very angry!
United States, WA, Carnation
Joined Jan 2012
229 Posts
Ordered mine a few days ago. HK delivery being what it is it'll probably end up being a Christmas present to myself. Anyone found a link for a PDF of the manual out there yet?

Tally Ho!
SuperChief141 is offline Find More Posts by SuperChief141
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:22 AM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Apr 2000
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
I say go for it Mike if you have the time.

I've balanced/CG'd a fair share of heli blades but could always stand to learn a better/different way.
Fair enough, I'll get to work on it.

Mike
CryHavoc is offline Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:35 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
The box arrived today and I can say it was well packed. The foam is dense and very sturdy with the parts laid out without issue. I built it up in about 30 minutes while working on putting supper in the oven.

The maiden will be this weekend. I have work taking up all the daylight hours.
Have you got the same spare head as the "colleague" from Singapore ?

ps: Mine should be preceded by a custom letter, that may arrive next week if I'm lucky .. so ... still around 2 weeks time to wait ...
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Last edited by e_lm_70; Nov 07, 2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:04 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
965 Posts
I just subs to this thread.. and place an order today now in print que
I didnt realize the head only 1 axis control system for aileron, the previous autogyro i had was the c30 cierva also from hk
that one flew great with 2 axis head system
video here:
HK Cierva C30 semi scale autogiro test flight (1 min 53 sec)

look forward to fly the auto G soon
trexpilot is offline Find More Posts by trexpilot
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:34 AM
Central Massachusetts
Joined Aug 2006
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Have you got the same spare head as the "colleague" from Singapore ?

ps: Mine should be preceded by a custom letter, that may arrive next week if I'm lucky .. so ... still around 2 weeks time to wait ...
Yes that spare head was included in the kit.
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:40 AM
Fuzzy user
Italy, Lombardy, Griante
Joined Oct 2003
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexpilot View Post
I just subs to this thread.. and place an order today now in print que
I didnt realize the head only 1 axis control system for aileron, the previous autogyro i had was the c30 cierva also from hk
that one flew great with 2 axis head system
video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWDxi...2&feature=plcp

look forward to fly the auto G soon
yes, I had a Cierva too, and it flies well, but it's not unusual for gyrocopters the single-axis rotor; it's an alternative design as effective as two axis.
Lucam is offline Find More Posts by Lucam
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:04 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucam View Post
yes, I had a Cierva too, and it flies well, but it's not unusual for gyrocopters the single-axis rotor; it's an alternative design as effective as two axis.
Interesting ... the thread about the Cierva is full of people that state that it does not fly well ... but here ... 2 over 2 say the opposite ...

Mine Cierva is still not fully build up .. so ... can't comment on it ... but ... instructions and suggestion for make the Cierva to fly good, are quite big.

Anyhow ... in theory it is even possible to fly with an autogyro with a fix rotor head ... in practice, I have seen even micro model (scratch build) that fly in this way ... anyhow ... a part from this model ... I still have to see another autogyro with only 1 free axis rotation on the rotor head ...

If 1:1 model also have a fix tail stabilizer, and have 2 axis rotor head freedom ... it may be for a reason ...

Anyhow ... this want to be an easy to fly autogyro ... easy in the sense that should be up in the air in no time, without big risk to have it wrongly configured that could lead to a bad first time flying experience.

I really hope a spare 2 axis rotor head will be released soon ... so people can upgrade once they want to make 1 step forward ... the two servo are already in place ... so ... it is looking a very easy option for an upgrade

Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:29 AM
Scotland
Joined Jan 2010
906 Posts
Anyhow ... in theory it is even possible to fly with an autogyro with a fix rotor head ... in practice, I have seen even micro model (scratch build) that fly in this way ... anyhow ... a part from this model ... I still have to see another autogyro with only 1 free axis rotation on the rotor head ...

Another Autogyro with only roll on the head and elevator for pitch

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1650676
Jockadopolus is online now Find More Posts by Jockadopolus
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:44 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockadopolus View Post

Another Autogyro with only roll on the head and elevator for pitch

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1650676
It is looking a scratch build ...not a "product" ... quite a difference "to me" ...

ps: I did missed out that this was your scratch build design ! ... So congratulations for your self made autogyro ... I see you did used the Cierva rotor head .. that now is not anymore available ...
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:54 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Yes that spare head was included in the kit.
You out there ducatirdr?

Please shoot me a PM.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton