SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by new user, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:53 AM
OEF 10-11
United States, NC, Taylorsville
Joined Oct 2012
250 Posts
Discussion
Maiden flight.

Let me first thank Murray (murman) for helping me get into bigger than park flyer planes, and for dealing with my 21000 question.

Thanks man. Just hope you don't cringe at the following.

Yea wife had to goto work this morning so me and my son did all the final checks, walked outside and just a slight to moderate breeze. Took it off, flew it around for a bit.

Then this happened

new user is offline Find More Posts by new user
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:11 PM
Someone is going to get wet...
The Mitt
Joined Oct 2007
1,022 Posts
The "Charlie Brown" Syndrome attacks yet another flyer. Those trees just reach out and grap anything RC that flies past them. Go get the fishing rod with a lead sinker on it and cast it up on to the branch near the plane and try to shake it down... or a rope tied to a stick. Good Luck! Mudman1959
mudman1959 is online now Find More Posts by mudman1959
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I need your help!!!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:17 PM
OEF 10-11
Joined Oct 2012
250 Posts
Lol yea. Something like this happened with my champ also. I'm gonna see if the tree cutter guys can swing by and put the bucket up there and grab it.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:04 PM
OEF 10-11
Joined Oct 2012
250 Posts
Got it down a few minutes ago. Big thanks to Justin Johnson for bringing his tree truck out with a bucked and getting her down.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:15 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2009
155 Posts
Flashback!
My plane is still in a tree that has the same shape, but is bigger. It has been up there (approx 12m) for two weeks. In rain, wind, snow and hail and freezy weather...

Seems like I have to find some tools for climbing that tree...
Foskje is offline Find More Posts by Foskje
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:29 PM
Now where did I leave my jar?
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new user View Post
Let me first thank Murray (murman) for helping me get into bigger than park flyer planes, and for dealing with my 21000 question.

Thanks man. Just hope you don't cringe at the following.
No cringing from me. We've all been there more than once I'm sure. It's all part of the fun of this hobby.
I'm glad to have been some assistance to you. Once again, I think that's part of what this hobby is all about. People having fun and helping one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foskje View Post

Seems like I have to find some tools for climbing that tree...
Or a tool for cutting the tree down.
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:47 PM
OEF 10-11
Joined Oct 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
No cringing from me. We've all been there more than once I'm sure. It's all part of the fun of this hobby.
I'm glad to have been some assistance to you. Once again, I think that's part of what this hobby is all about. People having fun and helping one another.

Or a tool for cutting the tree down.
Thanks for chiming in. I have always like RC for the fact everyone is helpful.

Also I put the 9x3.8 prop on and it flies a whole lot better. Also did a dry run in my room at various throttle and moving the rudder, and elevators and nothing got hot
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:44 PM
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new user View Post
...Also did a dry run in my room at various throttle and moving the rudder, and elevators and nothing got hot
That's good, but be careful doing static runs. In the air, the motor has a constant rush of air across it. In static runs, not so much. It doesn't take much to burn up a motor.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
OEF 10-11
Joined Oct 2012
250 Posts
Touché, just to make sure we are on the same page the prop was on during the static run. Wanted to see how warm/hot everything got with that bigger prop on it, or Atleast a general idea. The motor did get a little warm as well as the battery pack.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:46 PM
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,075 Posts
A little warm is fine. Hot, is not.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:03 PM
OEF 10-11
Joined Oct 2012
250 Posts
Woot. Now if this wind would die down a whole bunch ill see how everything really works out for me.