Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:26 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,108 Posts
It must not be that big of a deal on the swashplate. Like I said earlier. The 450 that has been running 65Hz has been my best! I think the most important is the locked down performance of digital more than speed on the swash.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
It must not be that big of a deal on the swashplate. Like I said earlier. The 450 that has been running 65Hz has been my best! I think the most important is the locked down performance of digital more than speed on the swash.
I'm sure that's the case. It would be possible to try various cyclic servo speed settings to gauge any difference in flight performance or feel.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:49 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,108 Posts
It would be interesting to see just how much faster 65Hz is than you could move the stick on the remote.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:30 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
It's like the tail. It comes down to the reaction time of the servo, as to how stable it is when controlled by a gyro. A faster cyclic wont move as much when hit by a gust of wind. But, it comes down to how far the heli can move in 15ms. So it could be up to 15ms before the servo can be instructed to move and then 15ms before it can be changed again.

It think the ZYX's choice of 111Hz is a good one. I wouldn't hesitate to run any digital servo (including the DS410's) at 120Hz.

Thanks, Charles. Yes, that Spartan RC site was the site I looked at before selecting my DS410M's to 250Hz, on the G31. I might try them at 125Hz now, which is the lowest digital setting in the G31.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Jun 2012
87 Posts
hope to see this gyro up on the sky soon..cant wait to have ur review on this particular gyro
zulmbbs is offline Find More Posts by zulmbbs
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:08 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Sorry, this one is not going to be quite as fast as some of my other flight reviews, since it's now turned out to be an FBL & FAST conversion, as well.

The fuselage is on it's way by EMS, but I've just been advised by Hobbyrover that the Tarot FBL head, they showed as in stock, was not actually in stock. Sounds like the rc711 & oomodel trick of listing new items, before they even have them. A bit disappointing to find out Hobbyrover does this as well.

I'm also still trying to make up my mind about what servos to use. I'm still a bit nervous about the reliability of the KST and TGY metal servos, and then there is the weight penalty. I was going to get the Align DS415M when my favorite supplier ran out of them, but now I'm reading that they have some slop issues.

I like these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...10sec_16g.html
Specifications:
Weight: 16 grams
Dimensions: 23 x 12 x 25.4 mm
Torque @ 4.8V: 1.9 kg/cm
Torque @ 6.0V: 2.3 kg/cm
Speed @ 4.8V: 0.12 sec / 60 at no load
Speed @ 6.0V: 0.10 sec / 60 at no load
Gear: Metal gear / Dual ball bearing
Motor: Coreless

But I can't find any spare gear sets for them, or for the Blue bird BMS-211DMH, which it's rebranded from.
Last edited by beenflying; May 24, 2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:08 PM
Australia, NSW, Ingleburn
Joined Dec 2009
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post

I'm also still trying to make up my mind about what servos to use. I'm still a bit nervous about the reliability of the KST and TGY metal servos, and then there is the weight penalty. I was going to get the Align DS415M when my favorite supplier ran out of them, but now I'm reading that they have some slop issues..
I have the Align DS415M's on my 450 pro and after only 10 flights they have a lot of slop. Pretty disappointing considering my other 450 has cheap HK 933's with hardly any slop after about 50 flights.
ingleburn is offline Find More Posts by ingleburn
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:40 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingleburn View Post
I have the Align DS415M's on my 450 pro and after only 10 flights they have a lot of slop. Pretty disappointing considering my other 450 has cheap HK 933's with hardly any slop after about 50 flights.
Sorry to hear that. I can understand your disappointment. I was surprised when I read about this, so thank you for your confirmation.

I suspect Align will eventually sort this in new productions, but based on past experience, they wont provide a recall or fix for the current ones with the problem.

I ended up ordering the Turnigy/Blue Bird 211DMH servos. Being coreless, dual bearings, 2us deadband, having compatible output gear splines and knowing Blue Bird's servo reliability, were the key factors.

I just hope some gears become available, in the near future.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
Excellent BF....Can you believe I am still waiting for mines? Ordered on 10/17/12...Hopefully by Friday..
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:25 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Excellent BF....Can you believe I am still waiting for mines? Ordered on 10/17/12...Hopefully by Friday..
Gosh, yes, a long wait. Did HK send yours by HK post of Singapore post?

Did you read that the output spline is a 25T Futaba. Going by the picture above it looks more like the mini servos size splines, not the micro servos size. What do you think?

Compare it to this:
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:48 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,108 Posts
Tarot is also selling this servo, http://www.oomodel.com/md732-servo-m...9-p-63646.html

But I still like the specs of their older one. http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=7867 It's what I have on the tail of my 450pro.

The difference from the HK and the tarot is expose to be the pots in the tarot are from Japan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:12 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
All of the 732/752 servos are made by Henge and have pots that are made in Japan.

But I was only displaying that servo to compare the output splines to the 211DMH.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:50 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Bench tested the VCTRC FBL unit tonight. All is working well. No drift after running the unit for over 10 minutes. The servos are silent at rest. Pots 1 & 2 are working in the correct direction, but I can't tell if pot 3 is working correctly on the bench.

Like the HB800, this gyro defaults to the highest setting (blue), for most of the settings.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:28 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Gosh, yes, a long wait. Did HK send yours by HK post of Singapore post?

Did you read that the output spline is a 25T Futaba. Going by the picture above it looks more like the mini servos size splines, not the micro servos size. What do you think?

Compare it to this:
Nope. I used registered mail since I normally receive packages that way in about 12-14 days....I hope they are the same arms as the Futaba as well...
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:11 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
The Devil 450 Pro FAST conversion kit turned up this morning. I have to say the fuselage looks much better than the picture on most sites. I also like the addition of the ALZRC on the tail.

This is what it looks like (not my one):

I'll do a separate review on the FAST conversion and also one on the new Tarot DFC head, I have coming from Hobbyrover, which has now shipped.

I must say that the communication from Jimmy at Hobbyrover has been excellent, and they have even sent a free part, to compensate for the delay. I'm not sure what it will be.

I also see they have dropped their price for this head by another couple of dollars (just my luck), and their shipping price is better than oomodel.