Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 29, 2013, 04:18 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prop bender View Post
I hope they improved the material in the mounting lugs. The last set of 933's I used had very brittle mounting lugs,other than that they worked OK.
That's the first thing I consider with servos nowaday...I hate when the mounting lugs or case breaks.
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:11 AM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
The only differance I can find between the 933 and the 337 ( without actualy testing ) is the 337 is a tad faster, I like the spects,I worry about the mounting lugs though. Ed
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:13 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prop bender View Post
The only differance I can find between the 933 and the 337 ( without actualy testing ) is the 337 is a tad faster, I like the spects,I worry about the mounting lugs though. Ed
They're using a new plastic now that is much better:
Quote:
Use Japanese raw material to produce outer shell, which is more sturdy and durable and can bear 120℃ temperature.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old May 08, 2013, 07:54 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Balik Pulau
Joined Feb 2011
10 Posts
Hi is there any manual to this VCTRC 3GX Flybarless 3-Axis Gyro?
jaguar1126 is online now Find More Posts by jaguar1126
Old May 08, 2013, 07:57 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Balik Pulau
Joined Feb 2011
10 Posts
Hi, is there any manual for this VCTRC 3GX Flybarless 3-Axis Gyro
jaguar1126 is online now Find More Posts by jaguar1126
Old May 08, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar1126 View Post
Hi, is there any manual for this VCTRC 3GX Flybarless 3-Axis Gyro
http://www.beastx.com/manuals/MICROBEAST_PV_ENG.pdf
Old Dec 08, 2013, 08:34 AM
Joined Dec 2013
5 Posts
No collective

I am aware that this discussion is old but I am having a problem with the vtrc 3gx/spectrum dx6i setup that I am trying to create on my 450 trex clone.

I have followed the instructions from the manual to the letter and find that the system works perfectly except for a total lack of collective.

I am a complete noob with fbl and wonder if I am missing something really obvious.

Help

Luch SALT
Luchsalt is offline Find More Posts by Luchsalt
Old Dec 09, 2013, 05:55 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchsalt View Post
I am aware that this discussion is old but I am having a problem with the vtrc 3gx/spectrum dx6i setup that I am trying to create on my 450 trex clone.

I have followed the instructions from the manual to the letter and find that the system works perfectly except for a total lack of collective.

I am a complete noob with fbl and wonder if I am missing something really obvious.

Help

Luch SALT
So basically on step K you set it for -/+12 degs and once you exit setup it doesn't have the same pitch range? Did you set the pitch curve in the tx to 0-100%? Is the radio set to single servo H1?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 04:47 PM
Joined Dec 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
So basically on step K you set it for -/+12 degs and once you exit setup it doesn't have the same pitch range? Did you set the pitch curve in the tx to 0-100%? Is the radio set to single servo H1?
Step k on my instructions for this flybarless unit adjusts tail gain.

The adjustment for collective is on Function D and there is no response from the collective either up or down in order to adjust it!

The cyclic works beautifully reacting to pitch and yaw adjustments instantly but I cannot get the collective to respond at all.

This is a Spectrum dx6i and is set to 0-100% pitch curve and 1 servo 90deg (only other option is 120 deg)

Ah! You have used the microbeast instructions. At step K there IS no collective to adjust. The collective doesnt do anything. Could this be a Spectrum specific problem??

Thanks
I just checked all the steps in the manual again - all correct.
Last edited by Luchsalt; Dec 11, 2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old Dec 11, 2013, 08:07 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:

The adjustment for collective is on Function D and there is no response from the collective either up or down in order to adjust it!

The cyclic works beautifully reacting to pitch and yaw adjustments instantly but I cannot get the collective to respond at all.

This is a Spectrum dx6i and is set to 0-100% pitch curve and 1 servo 90deg (only other option is 120 deg)

Ah! You have used the microbeast instructions. At step K there IS no collective to adjust. The collective doesnt do anything. Could this be a Spectrum specific problem??

Thanks
Are you sure you are using version 1 of the microbeast manual?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Dec 2013
5 Posts
Hi Thanks for replying again

I am using, firstly the manual supplied with the vctrc fbl unit, then I checked on the instructions supplied by you above in order to understand your reference to 'K' but neither seem to work.
Last edited by Luchsalt; Dec 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Dec 14, 2013, 01:02 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
Quote:

Thanks

Hi! I used to fly with a dx6i, it seems to me I set the swash on one servo 120 degres for a collective pitch heli. Try that. It will either work or prove I have a faulty memory
Old Dec 21, 2013, 04:22 PM
Joined Dec 2013
5 Posts
Hi, Thanks for that. I tx does not allow for that - in fact the only two options are 1 servo 90deg or 3 servo 120deg.

So no joy at the moment.

I think I will try another make of radio system - I have a KDS k7x11 but need to buy another receiver, I will report back soon.
Old Jan 07, 2014, 07:01 AM
Joined Dec 2013
5 Posts
I have tried the KDS tx/rx combo with the vctrc 3gx and success first try - so it appears to be a Spectrum specific problem.

Thanks for the help
Old Jan 07, 2014, 03:49 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
Quote:
I have tried the KDS tx/rx combo with the vctrc 3gx and success first try - so it appears to be a Spectrum specific problem.

Thanks for the help
Glad to see you have it sorted out