SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Dec 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Thanks, Alexander.

If you are going to change the blades because you want more agility, try increasing your dual rates to 110% instead. This makes the heli very agile, even with FBL blades.

Personally I think 5000mah is too big/heavy for the 550. I'm using 4500mah 6S 50C now and it flies much better. More like the Gaui X5.

Any chance of some pictures of the heli, especially close ups of the head and tail. Thanks.
Thanks beenflying, i will try dualrate to 110% later
Alexender87 is offline Find More Posts by Alexender87
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:58 AM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
VCTRC ESC 40A problem...

Hi Guys,
Anyone having ESC VCTRC 40A mine looks like having problem after only few flight, motor won't start making continuous bip like error mode, I didn't change anything on it but looks like I'm on programing mode.
Anyone knows if there is a way to go to program mode with DX6i TX? Or any other suggestion, hope ESC not fry already bcz I only did few maiden flight.
I ask LHS but said no warranty and doesn't know how to access prog mode... As expected local support is useless, hope Sam will answer me it's my last hope...
Happy New Year to all of you.
Madog71 is offline Find More Posts by Madog71
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:32 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Maybe the throttle channel is reversed or you need some down trim on the throttle channel so the esc sees a zero at bottom stick.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:55 AM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Well I am at a loss of words on these servos. I powered everything off of my CC ice 100 with the 5 amp bec and they still lock up my RX and make the rx go's red!

I opened them up and must say they are made really well. All the gears are properly greased. All the solder joints are nice and clean. On the pots I had one with the wires really close, almost touching. The other looked normal, and the third looked like someone had spread the pot leads apart. Maybe with the fbl controller in between will make a difference. I really hope I can solve this like I said the servos are great quality
At least your 610's had a bit of lube, albeit on the top of the gears. Mine had very little and the gears were very rough-cut.

These are poor quality servos and you are much better off buying slightly more expensive Align 615's imho.

Cheers,
TomC
TomC is online now Find More Posts by TomC
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:50 AM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
VCTRC support...

Quote:
So now it is Christmas and I got two presents. One from Sam telling me it was a bad batch and new ones will be coming.

Hi Mhills,
Just wondering, did you get your VCTRC servos change by Sam, bcz I saw he modify his answer in post #212
My VCTRC ESC turn defect after only 4 flights I send him e-mail to advise but get no answer wondering why...
Also facing problems with my VCTRC 3GX gyro, when it bind sometimes the elevator servo will not level and go to end of travel stroke. Had to rebind until swashplate level properly, any idea? Did you also face this issue in yours?
Madog71 is offline Find More Posts by Madog71
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:20 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,651 Posts
I don't have the gyro and have not received anything from Sam. On that note, I did further testing last weekend by labeling all the servos (I just could not believe they all had problems). It seems while I was switching between two servos at a time I kept hooking the defective one up. With out color coding the cords I kept plugging it in thinking I was plugging a different one in. It was the one with the input wires too close together. I think the positive was bleeding into the signal wire somewhere.

I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling the components are made at different plants over there. One reason for people having such a different experience. From what I could tell the stuff coming out of Sams seems really great quality. Just this one and if it was put threw a basic tested it would of passed.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:07 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
I'm waiting for parts for my 500ESP too. I have received emails from him. Apparently he has problems with the hotmail address. Try sale2@vctrc.com
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:46 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madog71 View Post
...Also facing problems with my VCTRC 3GX gyro, when it bind sometimes the elevator servo will not level and go to end of travel stroke. Had to rebind until swashplate level properly, any idea? Did you also face this issue in yours?
I get this with my 450 Sport, using a crossflashed CX-3X1000. I think the servo sees a false output pulse at switch on and then the servo shuts down to protect itself. I'm using DS410M's on that heli. Usually I repower and it's fine. Doesn't happen every time either, and seems to be doing it less recently, for some reason.

My VCTRC 3GX is working fine. I've seems no issues with it at all. This heli uses Turnigy TGY-211DMH servos.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Jan 11, 2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:55 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Over the last couple of days, I fitted this Tarot 450 V2 one piece bearing assembly in my Devil 450 FAST with the VCTRC 3GX:

http://www.hobbyrover.com/450-pro-pr...unt_p1537.html

It allows the elevator servo to sit on the outside but the servo goes in as far as if it was mounted on the inside (requires the Devil or 450 V2 frames).

This now means the canopy on the Devil 450 FAST fits a lot better and does not touch the elevator servo at all now.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:36 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,849 Posts
Two-piece one-piece...

So is it good quality? Of course the great benefit of the new style servo mounts is that you can remove the servos without disturbing the mainshaft and main gear, and there may be some benefit from the increased rigidity.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Quote:
I don't have the gyro and have not received anything from Sam. On that note, I did further testing last weekend by labeling all the servos (I just could not believe they all had problems). It seems while I was switching between two servos at a time I kept hooking the defective one up. With out color coding the cords I kept plugging it in thinking I was plugging a different one in. It was the one with the input wires too close together. I think the positive was bleeding into the signal wire somewhere.

I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling the components are made at different plants over there. One reason for people having such a different experience. From what I could tell the stuff coming out of Sams seems really great quality. Just this one and if it was put threw a basic tested it would of passed.
Keep us updated on this until it is resolved. I have been back and forth too with Sam in regards to some spare parts for my crashed 500. Every email he states that he is shipping it out and will send me the tracking later to no avail... Not a good sign. I wish when something is going on with a company they would be forthecoming with information vs the runaround.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:23 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,651 Posts
Don't want to get your hopes up, but my servos took some time to show up. That is why I had not posted anything. Luck it is winter time or I would be going nuts as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:38 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Quote:
Don't want to get your hopes up, but my servos took some time to show up. That is why I had not posted anything. Luck it is winter time or I would be going nuts as well.
Do they work as advertised this time?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:52 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,651 Posts
OH no I have not received any new servos. Maybe I am being a optimist. I ordered my first set of servos from Sam.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:07 PM
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
Servos has

Quote:

Dear mhills51 , Servos have been sent to you via DHL express as we can offer the good service and promise , tracking numnber is 7746475030, During these days ,we are still updating our system ,if we don't give you respond in time , please kindly understand.have nice days .
Samhobby is offline Find More Posts by Samhobby