HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined Dec 2012
9 Posts
Hi, Everyone, According VCTRC News, They upgrading their web, their email would be involved too. please be patient till upgrading services finish only email them. Thanks
Alexender87 is offline Find More Posts by Alexender87
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
Dear mhill

Now i am using vctrc002@hotmail.com ,More details , please don't hesitate to contact me again .
Samhobby is offline Find More Posts by Samhobby
Last edited by Samhobby; Jan 03, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:07 AM
Not da momma!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
86 Posts
Now that's service!
mrmarc is offline Find More Posts by mrmarc
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:25 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,097 Posts
Like I said the quality of the rest of the servo is top notch. I knew it had to just be a bad batch. People don't put that kind of quality into something for it to not work right out of the box, but It does show that just one little flaw can bring everything down.

I have been to the Castle Creations factory. A machine puts all the components on the circuits. The resistors, caps, and chips are all on ribbons fed into the machine. It's really cool to watch. After they are soldered into place a camera looks at every single circuit to make sure nothing is missing. Anything board that is rejected gets a hand review. One board has about 20 speed controls on it.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mhills51; Dec 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:50 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Kinda hard reading what you posted above on my PC. But that really sucks that the servos are junk. Now it makes no sense even looking at the 550 combo because it includes the same servos. Is Sam going to replace the servos for you? Is your rx still working? I was gong to buy a gyro from them but I will go with the HB800 instead. I really feel bad for your experience...sorry dude. I received some heli parts (non electronics) that look really well made but I guess quality control does not apply with electronics.
From what I can see the servos are not junk at all. That was my frustration. These really are THAT nice. So I knew it just had to be a bad or missing part. Not something that would effect a normal batch.

I did get to see how the different rx's handle a major problem. The FrSky rx just shuts down until power is cycled. The Futaba rests it's self in a second or two.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:54 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,097 Posts
So now it is Christmas and I got two presents. One from Sam telling me it was a bad batch and new ones will be coming.

One from Heliproz telling me that I will be one of their Team pilots for the 2013 season.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,652 Posts
Double congratulations!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:05 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhobby View Post
Dear mhill This is Sam Lin from vctrc Ltd , I am sorry for my e-mail sale2@vctrc.com ,it doesn't work .becasue now we are upgrading our new website ,i cannot receive your E-mails . Many E-mails have been returened .RE: I am sorry that you got that defective DS610 servo , because our QC worker didn't control its quality well, we feel very sorry that it makes you in trouble

But we are a trusted supplier , we have been in this hobby field for many years , Customer service and product quality are the most important . i am sure that Every one can get good service and products from us , please don't worry , calm down please, we will send you new DS610 servo for free to take place of that defective one via DHL express . You can get it as soon as possible . I hope you can have a Happy Christmas and a good night .
Now i am using vctrc002@hotmail.com ,More details , please don't hesitate to contact me again .

Merry Christmas and Best wishes !!!

Sam lin
Thank you Sam for coming on here and giving this customer the support he needed. I guess mistakes can and will happen. It is all in how each company corrects the mistake which is important. It looks like you are top notch by providing working replacements. Really really love your products and I like to talk about good experiences I have with new companies so others can benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
So now it is Christmas and I got two presents. One from Sam telling me it was a bad batch and new ones will be coming.

One from Heliproz telling me that I will be one of their Team pilots for the 2013 season.
Mhills....please keep us posted on this. Will have to subscribe to your logo clone build thread too. Glad it was a simple mistake because I didn't want to steer anyone to subpar products.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,097 Posts
Thanks guy's! I would be updating the logo build with these, but now there will be a delay lol! I did get the motor and speed control. In fact I soldered all the connections on the speed control. Motor is coming from Helidirect.

I feel really grateful to heliproz. They pick a bunch of 3D pilots and only a few tech guys. You guessed it I am one of the tech guys lol! But I am not bad at 3D in fact one of our pros has said I am one of the only guys that will and can pull out at the last minute. (No baby helis for me) and save the heli. In fact the last time one of them was helping me, a guy from dubai with tic tocs, he walked away saying I don't want you blaming me for crashing, you come to close. He is a great guy and can't keep from trying to help me lol!

You would think the Midwest has no 3d pilots, but here is a pic of Noder inverted between a fence and pad spinning the tail around at the same time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:09 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
That Fusion 50 is sick.!! I was watching a youtube video of Tareq flying one. Insane that guy and his talents.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:10 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,097 Posts
Yea Noder is that guy from dubai I was talking about. First time I met him he came to the field with his 450 and a bag of batteries lol!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Dec 2012
9 Posts
My christmas gift for myself VCTRC 550E maiden and testing at 85+/- curve.
just learning 3D. ^^" abit shy when got recorded by my friend

Morning maiden with 3000mah battery
20121230 110629 (2 min 32 sec)

Evening flight. with 3000mah batteries
20121230 183448 (1 min 52 sec)

Evening flight 2 with 3000mah battery
20121230 181912 (3 min 9 sec)

Evening flight 3 with 3000mah battery
20121230 180615 (2 min 30 sec)

Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:26 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Nice flying. Looks and sounds great in the air too. How did you get the CoG correct with a 3000mah battery? You would have to add weight to the nose, surely.

Please tell us more about the build. Obviously the DS610/DS680 servos worked well. Motor sounds good. Any issues with fit and quality? Thanks.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Nice flying. Looks and sounds great in the air too. How did you get the CoG correct with a 3000mah battery? You would have to add weight to the nose, surely.

Please tell us more about the build. Obviously the DS610/DS680 servos worked well. Motor sounds good. Any issues with fit and quality? Thanks.
because its flybarless, for me [ as i understand ] flybarless already help me hold the center really well, just tuning the alignment with linkage [ quick setup ] because i cant wait for fly this new bird,hehehe. xD even my vctrc 500e also using 11.1V 2200mah flying sport flight. next time i ask my friend record the video about it.

actually the 3000mah battery is for flying my old bird vctrc 500 heli, but anyway i was try to fly at 550E vctrc with be same battery.

3000mah battery for what i notice in the air like nothing speacial [ i'm not that pro rc pilot but as what i need it already give me the feeling like flying at rail... with the reasonable price.

but i will buy 5000mah next time.

the servo i never check inside whats the quality, i just assemble it and setup for flying.

Main blade = 600 VCTRC 3G i think next time i going buy 600VCTRC flybar blade for playing 3D

Tailboom = 600 VCTRC
Tail blade = plastic tail blade.

Pitch curve
Normal -2 0 10
3D Pitch curve +10 0 -10
Autorotation pitch curve +12 0 -10

everything fit with standard combo item, unless u using bigger servo size other [brand]servo , then also u may put extra carbon fibre servo mount as well.but vctrc was really good thinking for consumer, its gave extra carbon fiber for servo mount extra too. this is what i found when i assemble the heli.

Quality for rating : 4/5
Electronic for rating : 4/5
Motor performence : 4/5

budget heli with better performence than i imagine.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:31 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Thanks, Alexander.

If you are going to change the blades because you want more agility, try increasing your dual rates to 110% instead. This makes the heli very agile, even with FBL blades.

Personally I think 5000mah is too big/heavy for the 550. I'm using 4500mah 6S 50C now and it flies much better. More like the Gaui X5.

Any chance of some pictures of the heli, especially close ups of the head and tail. Thanks.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying