HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:20 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Oh sure put those out right after I spent all my money on black Friday on blades that I thought were a good deal lol! Timing is everything!
Yeah, but maybe you wanted blades rather than baldes!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
vctrc main blades

the 3GX main baldes are sold well as the quality is good . Mr Ian has got some , hope he can share more inforamation with us .
Samhobby is offline Find More Posts by Samhobby
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:42 AM
Joined Jun 2012
87 Posts
this is my friend's new vctrc 550e stretch to 600 using the vctrc 3gx gyro..really stable and very good quality kit(i'm the one who build and setting up this beast)

this is the maiden vdeo and the pilot (my friend)had only 1 week of experience with 450 6 channel vctrc heli..

Mad nor vctrc 550 stretch 600 maiden (1 min 25 sec)
zulmbbs is offline Find More Posts by zulmbbs
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:51 AM
Not da momma!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
86 Posts
Aah, pucker factor.
mrmarc is offline Find More Posts by mrmarc
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
vctrc digital servos with coreless motor for 550E superior combo set

As we have known vctrc main blades are good at quality .

vctrc trex 450 rc helicopter 3G main baldes 325mm
vctrc trex 550 rc helicopter 3G main baldes 520mm
vctrc trex 600 rc helicopter 3G main baldes 600mm

now i think we can see some of vctrc servos too , 550 superior combo sets has 2 kinds of servos , one is DS610 , and the the other is DS680 . check
attachments here ,we will see ..................................................
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
what a pity !!, we cannot see the vedio always .
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulmbbs View Post
this is my friend's new vctrc 550e stretch to 600 using the vctrc 3gx gyro..really stable and very good quality kit(i'm the one who build and setting up this beast)

this is the maiden vdeo and the pilot (my friend)had only 1 week of experience with 450 6 channel vctrc heli..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCsu_KqO02Q
what a pity !!, we cannot see the vedio always .
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:59 AM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,637 Posts
Just my opinion but I would recommend avoiding any clone vctrc products. I recently bought 3x ds610 cyclic servos for a 600 heli on ebay;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251105979...84.m1497.l2649

I ended up getting 2x ds610 servos plus one of their clone tail servos. Ended up paying another $25 to get another ds610 servo (= scam ?). Once I installed the servos one of the ds610's operated intermitantly. I took this apart and found that the gearsets were very rough and there was very little gear lube.

I've scraped all these servos and will probably only be able to salvage servo arms and mounting accessories.

Lesson learnt, you get what you pay for imho!

Cheers,
TomC
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:38 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Just my opinion but I would recommend avoiding any clone vctrc products. I recently bought 3x ds610 cyclic servos for a 600 heli on ebay;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251105979...84.m1497.l2649

I ended up getting 2x ds610 servos plus one of their clone tail servos. Ended up paying another $25 to get another ds610 servo (= scam ?). Once I installed the servos one of the ds610's operated intermitantly. I took this apart and found that the gearsets were very rough and there was very little gear lube.

I've scraped all these servos and will probably only be able to salvage servo arms and mounting accessories.

Lesson learnt, you get what you pay for imho!

Cheers,
TomC
Wow...sorry to hear Tom. Did you contact the seller directly in regards to your defective products.?
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:39 AM
Not da momma!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
86 Posts
Regarding the "scam," I would bring that issue up with the eBay seller and not the manufacturer.

As for the problem with the servo, well, that's a given considering it's a knock-off. That doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. I think most people here will agree that knock-off's are more prone to less than stellar quality control, but when you get around the issues, which are often easy enough to fix, they're just as good as if not better than the name brand servos.

Take for example the Solar line of digital metal gear servos. It's obvious they saved some cash by skimping on the rubber grommets and properly securing the internals to the case, but once you get past those two issues, the servos are rock solid.

As you said, you get what you pay for and will need to pay the difference on way or another, whether that be by just paying for the name brand servo or by going in and fixing any problems in the knock-off product.

What sucks is when you pay the premium and then get a shoddy product. Then what do you say? Buy three servos and get one that dies mysteriously. Now is that brand all of a sudden shoddy? No, you just lucked out and got a bad item despite the higher level of QC that we're assuming you're getting from the name brand product.

I've bought a LOT of knock-off's from China, and while it can be hit or miss, when it's a hit, it's a solid hit--low cost and as good as if not better than the premium. Nonetheless, I'm sorry you got shafted on your purchase.
mrmarc is offline Find More Posts by mrmarc
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:48 AM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Wow...sorry to hear Tom. Did you contact the seller directly in regards to your defective products.?
Yes I was told, sorry to make you unhappy, have a nice day.

Don't waste your $'s on these clones imho.

Cheers,
TomC
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:49 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,967 Posts
I tend to agree with, mrmarc. I buy lots of clone stuff just to test it, and yes it's really annoying when you get a dud, but it doesn't actually happen that often. I was quite surprised I got a faulty TGY-211DMH the other day out of the 3 I bought. The servos look very high quality and use quality components. It turned out to be a single bad solder joint that let it down. I'm very pleased with the servos now and they have flown quite a few flights, with no other issues.

VCTRC 3GX, couldn't be better. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more of these. Excellent quality right down to the servo leads.

If I hadn't just purchased my 700DFC, I'd have been very tempted to get the VCTRC 550DFC combo, just to see how good all of the component were. It certainly looks like it flies well with all of the stock components in the videos ridge_racer posted a link to, and the 550E is a nice size heli, that doesn't require overly expensive batteries.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:06 AM
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Joined Jun 2005
373 Posts
And.... another one.

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/p12508/C...duct_info.html

Just happened upon this on eHirobo. This is getting to be like Bob Smith products, just slap on your own sticker.

Mike
mligosh is online now Find More Posts by mligosh
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:12 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mligosh View Post
And.... another one.

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/p12508/C...duct_info.html

Just happened upon this on eHirobo. This is getting to be like Bob Smith products, just slap on your own sticker.

Mike
I think the CX approach to firmware updates may be enough to put a lot of buyers off, but they've definitely lowered the bar as far as the price is concerned! I suspect Assan will bring out their version too.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:43 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,764 Posts
Hey I give them credit. They are the first to market theirs and not say it works with s-bus and sats. Bob smith, that's funny and reminds me of another Bob that use to sell his stuff on here. Now he just invades the helifreaks with r2i what ever stuff
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member