HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:23 AM
Not da momma!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
86 Posts
Helluva deal on that 550 combo kit. It comes out to around what I put in my cart at HobbyKing, but I like how looks to based on the V2 airframe. Where exactly are we looking to order this from? I must've missed the link or something...
mrmarc is offline Find More Posts by mrmarc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:20 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
He said it includes 3 DS610 copies and 1 DS680....
They're really doing a good job. Using a plastic gear servo for the tail, usually means less slop. I see the DS680 is available on eBay for $35 including shipping. Speed is 0.8 at 5v and 0.6 at 6v, and has 4kg of torque.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F02489-VCTRC...-/251106675661
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarc View Post
Helluva deal on that 550 combo kit. It comes out to around what I put in my cart at HobbyKing, but I like how looks to based on the V2 airframe. Where exactly are we looking to order this from? I must've missed the link or something...
You would be ordering direct from VCTRC.
http://vctrc.en.alibaba.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
They're really doing a good job. Using a plastic gear servo for the tail, usually means less slop. I see the DS680 is available on eBay for $35 including shipping. Speed is 0.8 at 5v and 0.6 at 6v, and has 4kg of torque.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F02489-VCTRC...-/251106675661
Pentium ESC, good servos, good gyro, hopefully good motor and lastest frame I had to pass on the info to you all... Just needed to confirm it worked out to be a good deal considering DHL shipping.

BTW....that servo has a 25T spline...I take it will fit Futaba horns too.?
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:25 AM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarc View Post
Just to advise you if you order through Aliexpress or Alibaba.com (same) and take the free shipping option with Post China you may have to wait up to 60 days before getting your stuff, so be patient or just avoid lousy China Post.
Believe me I've made the experience few times and I live in Malaysia, maybe for US is faster regardless the few extra miles...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...700702607.html
Madog71 is offline Find More Posts by Madog71
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:04 AM
Not da momma!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
86 Posts
I ended up chatting with Mr. Sam Lin. Pretty much got the same info as was posted here. Thanks, fellas.
mrmarc is offline Find More Posts by mrmarc
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Sam Lin is now a member on here with the username samhobby. Hopefully he can provide more information on their products in the future including any new firmware for this gyro since he is with the factory.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:54 AM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
Lousy Post China...

Even better, I just received the mail now, due to super lousy Post China they now change the policy as follow:

Dear Customer,

We have received your dispute that the products are not delivered. Due to recent changes in customs policy, there have been delays with some items shipped from China, mostly for China Post Air Mail/ China Post Air Parcel. This situation began in September and has lasted until recently.

Based on this situation, we have extended the delivery time from 60 to 90 calendar days. We would like to assure you that your payment is safe with us on AliExpress and you will be fully refunded if your package is not delivered within this 90 days limit. Refunds are not available for non-delivery situations under your control, such as customs clearance not being completed by you within the time limit.

Well done Aliexpress super service, 90 days before they even consider your case...Better just said it like this: Dear valuable customer, we are sorry to announce that due to our mediocre performance we have been force to change our policy...bla ..bla..bla...
Sorry for the out of topics...hope it could help to avoid such issue.
Last edited by Madog71; Dec 06, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
I guess that is why he only offered DHL 3 day express shipping to me??
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:40 AM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
I guess that is why he only offered DHL 3 day express shipping to me??
Hi RR,
Yes I tchat today with Eric Wang From Lenos Tech (VCTRC OEM factory) this guy seem to be nice to deal with at least they propose alternatives for shipment, they already have agent in Malaysia to sell VCTRC products through LHS. Price are fairly same as online.

Maybe soon arrive in US market...As already highlighted I have to admit I'm imprest with overall quality of this brand, we put the New 550 VCTRC FBL side by side with original Trex in KL LHS, I could almost say that the student has surpassed the Master...
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
..."Student surpassing the master for half price"...

Local seller I know with VCTRC parts... www.freewebstore.org/HeliRcParts
Last edited by ridge_racer; Dec 06, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:28 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Another 2 flights on the Devil 450 with VCTRC 3GX, and I'm loving it. I still need to add a bit of weight to the front to balance it more. I'm already running 50C batteries, and with these the canopy is tight, so it will have to be weight in the nose of the canopy, as much as I hate doing it.

So other than lowering the main gain and Tx tail gain, the tuning is pretty much done. Feed forward is still in the middle, as is the tail dynamic. Tail stops are unbelievable good for a 450.

My hat cam is repaired, so hopefully a video soon. Perhaps I'll do one at home first, just to show you how smooth it is. It will also be a good test for the camera, to see if the heli stays in the frame.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I mounted the gyro with ZYX foam. I'm guessing I could have used 3M 4010 or 4011, and still had good results.
Last edited by beenflying; Dec 06, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:00 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Still struggling to get the 3GY to fly more like this gyro..
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:31 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Align have been trying for a long time to get their gyro to fly more like this gyro, without success.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:41 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
I ended up adding 12g of weight into the nose of the canopy to get the balance how I wanted it. Not too bad. All up weight including battery is 910g.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:43 AM
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
who is this seller ?

Quote:
..."Student surpassing the master for half price"...

Local seller I know with VCTRC parts... www.freewebstore.org/HeliRcParts
??? we have not known him
Samhobby is offline Find More Posts by Samhobby