HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mark_q, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:10 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,266 Posts
Discussion
TBS Discovery Quad Project

After the experience with the HT-FPV, I decided to up the ante a bit. The link below goes to my build notes on this cool frame kit.

Build Notes

mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mark_q; Oct 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:51 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
TBS Quad

That's really nice. Great build, Mark. How do you like it?

eric
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,266 Posts
Hey eric,
Thanks! I like it a lot! For the short range stuff I want to do, it's a solid frame and with most of the wiring embedded in the boards it's an easy and I'm betting reliable build. It is MUCH more solid than the HT-FPV frame and as a bare frame it's cheaper. I bought mine with the "TBS Core" installed. This is an onboard volatage regulator for the camera and TX and a current sensor with a built in OSD. Another nice feature is it uses DJI arms so replacements, if needed, are easy and cheap.

Hey, it's winter - build one!
mark
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:58 AM
Aerial Operator
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2012
658 Posts
Hey Mark,

Just wanted to say great job on you blog! Looks like you have lots of time you devoted to your builds and it is great for someone looking to build.

I was curious what your thought are on the TBS Discovery? How would it be for doing some Go Pro aerial filming?

Cheers,
swartzracing is offline Find More Posts by swartzracing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drone Cowboys