HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:03 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,813 Posts
Chrisgo,

Kaneesheewa !

Looks like you've made a lot of progress.Can't wait to see how this bird flies. As you know, I jumped in on the Dynam C310, my second twin. Still think there's a big void in the market for low cost ,electric powered, foam molded civilian twins. I almost grabbed a 30 year old NIB Shrike Aero Commander Kit on RC Universe but the kit alone was $450.00 + shipping. A big boy plane. By the time I add everything I'd need, I'm just South of a grand. Plus, the number of hours pulling my hair out. Just no time.

Look forward to seeing how your build works out and maiden flight report.

DD is the modern day Joe Bridie or Carl Goldberg. His craftsmanship is amazing to observe. Fun to watch these scratchbuilt airliner builds.

Cheers,

Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:45 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Chrisgo,

Kaneesheewa !

Looks like you've made a lot of progress.Can't wait to see how this bird flies. As you know, I jumped in on the Dynam C310, my second twin. Still think there's a big void in the market for low cost ,electric powered, foam molded civilian twins. I almost grabbed a 30 year old NIB Shrike Aero Commander Kit on RC Universe but the kit alone was $450.00 + shipping. A big boy plane. By the time I add everything I'd need, I'm just South of a grand. Plus, the number of hours pulling my hair out. Just no time.

DD is the modern day Joe Bridie or Carl Goldberg. His craftsmanship is amazing to observe. Fun to watch these scratchbuilt airliner builds.

Cheers,

Hawk

Yes indeed Chrisgo is Rock'in His Japanese Mama-jamma Out!

Hawk I appreciate the compliments but its more Like Rube Goldberg Lol
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:20 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
339 Posts
Waiting on Chrisgo to get cleared by the tower. The weekend should be really nice.
dirdredd is online now Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Chrisgo,

Kaneesheewa !

Cheers,

Hawk
i agree about the "market for twins" most companies avoid them, because it drives the price of the model up. when they have to add an extra set of electronics to the model, it also drives the price up, and its not as economical for them.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirdredd View Post
Waiting on Chrisgo to get cleared by the tower. The weekend should be really nice.
i was wondering about you. havent heard anything from you in awhile. im starting to get the "flying bug", havent been in awhile. not since my grand cruiser threw a prop, and went in. im looking forward to replacing the motors & props, with counter rotaters, and 4cell. cant wait to see the difference.hope your feeling better.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:56 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirdredd View Post
Yes indeed! He'll be Number-One On the runway!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
im scared to death, about cutting the front gear hatch. once ive cut it, its there. its not quiet as easy as fixing foam. measure 10 times, and hopefully, cut once. the main gear is going to be covered by the nacelles, so not so much preasure there. after i cut the first main gear channel, i found out that i cut too much out. the second one looks much better.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:01 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
im scared to death, about cutting the front gear hatch. once ive cut it, its there. its not quiet as easy as fixing foam. measure 10 times, and hopefully, cut once. the main gear is going to be covered by the nacelles, so not so much preasure there. after i cut the first main gear channel, i found out that i cut too much out. the second one looks much better.
I feel your pain Buddy. . .. . I've made misatkes so bad I've had to completely rebuild a wing, a fuse, and a couple of retract doors as well . . . Lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:59 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
3,112 Posts
No pressure ! ;-)
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:40 AM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,813 Posts
gchrisgo,

Does the YS-11 have a rudder ? If not, just curious where you'll mount the servo to make the nose gear steerable? In the nose gear wheel well you're making ? or more rearward in the fuse?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
it does have a rudder. & ive not even looked into where the servo will be. it'll probably be mounted on the wood frame, between the front wheel & rudder. the plane came with the pushrods and guides. very nice pushrods too. they are nice & thick, and chrome plated too. the plane also has wooden guides built into the inner structure to keep them from flexing. and the exit holes are pre-molded.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
heres some more pics of the push rod guides & exit holes. i dont seem to have any pics of the rudder on the plane. but the slits are already pre-cut & all you have to do is glue the hinges in
Last edited by gchrisgo34; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:41 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,421 Posts
You are going to need a servo reverser for either the steering or the rudder.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman Munster View Post
You are going to need a servo reverser for either the steering or the rudder.
i dont think i will. ill be able to hook up the rudder on either side. which will make it, reversible. im thinking i might need one for the ailerons though, not quiet sure yet. but i do have a reverser if i need it. ive also got a 3-axis gyro i plan to hook up.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:45 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,813 Posts
I don't think you'll need a reverser except for flaps
+ 1 on the gyro I have the Ice man Blue Light 3 axis looking for a home.