SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:52 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,652 Posts
heres the real plane. if i mount the gear in the place its supposed to be mounted, "where munster has circled", it'll put the strut way back behind the cockpit. so, i might turn mine around, and have it be bellow the cockpit
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:53 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
heres the real plane. if i mount the gear in the place its supposed to be mounted, "where munster has circled", it'll put the strut way back behind the cockpit. so, i might turn mine around, and have it be bellow the cockpit
That should work, I try and go scale first . . .only if its possible in The RC world.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,652 Posts
it would also have my strut come down in the right position. with the linkage on the back of the strut. i need the linkage to go in first, so it wont stick down & conflict with the doors. and so i wont have to mount the retract up higher in the fues.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:10 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,827 Posts
Quote:
it would also have my strut come down in the right position. with the linkage on the back of the strut. i need the linkage to go in first, so it wont stick down & conflict with the doors. and so i wont have to mount the retract up higher in the fues.
Yes indeed That should work! I wanna see it when its in place & retracting . . .make a youtube video!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,652 Posts
i cut the blind nuts out since i wont be using it. easier to work on too. but, where my finger is, shows the difference in the strut placement.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:10 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,827 Posts
Man those Retracts Look Slick!

Is the Prop Spinner situation dealt with?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,652 Posts
those retracts are SOO nice. i cant get over them. im still waiting for the spinners to get here. those gear door springs showed up today. and i believe i ordered them the night before. thats the fastest shipping ive ever seen.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,652 Posts
Question? cant i just hook up 2 esc"s & motors using one of these, I'd rather use one of those, than have to solder all the wires. it would also make using them seperately much easier. i dont have a lot of dual motor experience.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Parallel_.html
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:34 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,827 Posts
Quote:
Question? cant i just hook up 2 esc"s & motors using one of these, I'd rather use one of those, than have to solder all the wires. it would also make using them seperately much easier. i dont have a lot of dual motor experience.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Parallel_.html
Yes indeed Sir! that a ParalleBattery plug, just be shure to use a powerful enough battery .. . . .rember if its 14volt only 7volts are going to each engine, 22 volt 11 volts per motor, a 22 volt 1800-2200 Mah Should work fine!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Yes indeed Sir! that a ParalleBattery plug, just be shure to use a powerful enough battery .. . . .rember if its 14volt only 7volts are going to each engine, 22 volt 11 volts per motor, a 22 volt 1800-2200 Mah Should work fine!
REALLY, i did not know that. ive always thought that both motors run on whatever cell batt you run. i thought 3cell batts would run 11 volts to both motors, but, it would just run the battery down faster.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:31 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,827 Posts
Quote:
REALLY, i did not know that. ive always thought that both motors run on whatever cell batt you run. i thought 3cell batts would run 11 volts to both motors, but, it would just run the battery down faster.
Technically they will but they will have greatly diminished power. . . .when you run batteries in series the battery are basically split in half, that's what I've learned & been told. . .Like on my 120 Brasilia I'm feeding both 30amp esc's & motors off one 11volt 3cell lipo battery.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:40 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Technically they will but they will have greatly diminished power. . . .when you run batteries in series the battery are basically split in half, that's what I've learned & been told. . .Like on my 120 Brasilia I'm feeding both 30amp esc's & motors off one 11volt 3cell lipo battery.
Someones been telling you the wrong thing. You run 2 motors/escs off one battery , say an 11.1v 3 cell, both motors are getting the 11.1 volts. You could run 4 motors of that same battery and all 4 motors are going to be getting 11.1 volts. The more motors you add the faster you will drain your battery.
You run batteries in series now you are doubling the volts. 2, 11.1 volt batteries in series is going to give you 22.2 volts.

If you take 2 11.1v 2200mah batteries and run them in parallel, you are going to get 11.1 volts and 4400 mah
Take that same 11.1v 2200mah battery and run it in series and you get 22.2v and 2200mah.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman Munster View Post
Someones been telling you the wrong thing. You run 2 motors/escs off one battery , say an 11.1v 3 cell, both motors are getting the 11.1 volts. You could run 4 motors of that same battery and all 4 motors are going to be getting 11.1 volts. The more motors you add the faster you will drain your battery.
You run batteries in series now you are doubling the volts. 2, 11.1 volt batteries in series is going to give you 22.2 volts.

If you take 2 11.1v 2200mah batteries and run them in parallel, you are going to get 11.1 volts and 4400 mah
Take that same 11.1v 2200mah battery and run it in series and you get 22.2v and 2200mah.

Ahh I see so its the time aka Mah Power draw that gets cut in half. . . .o.k. cook Mr Munster. . .thanks for clearing that up for us.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,652 Posts
right, thats what i was thinking. the volts stays the same, but the amps probably drops a bit, per side. if that were the case, when i flew my grand cruiser the other day on 3cell, & the volts were split, it would never have gotten off the ground with 3cell. thanks