Closed Thread
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:55 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbe15 View Post
sad part is I'm new to the hobby on my 4th plane and I already know bh is a bad deal.
Banana Hobby is not always a bad deal.... sometimes the deals are great....but they are very FLAKEY when it comes to pricing games. Always have been.

The bottom line, buy what you want from whomever you want if the TOTAL price delivered is right. My money is spent with the best deal and best service. Loyalty is a 2 way street....and as you can see most distributors don't care much one way or another..... Thus I am happy to return the favor at any given time.
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:27 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Hello pilots.

Yes. PerlAddict is correct. Banana Hobby is no longer splitting up the prices.

I would also like to inform you guys that the Early Black Friday Sale is not over; however, a new promotion had risen. Banana Hobby is currently have the Winter Sale, which you are able to see by going onto our website at http://www.bananahobby.com/holiday-season-sales.html.
Please also note that to obtain Free Ground Shipping, the minimum purchase amount is now $50 instead of $100 as seen on the Black Friday Sale.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Fire your Marketing Team, they're ruining it for BH.
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,781 Posts
Tried to place an order with free shipping over $50. "doesn't apply to Florida". Probably doesn't apply to most places. BH is driving off customers with fake "specials".
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althorpe1 View Post
Nancy,

I thought the Black Friday sale was just free shipping, sorry did not realize it affected the prices of the plaines, my fault!

Thanks for your response!
Good evening Althorpe1.

The Black Friday Sale had ended but Banana Hobby did decide to extend the Cyber Monday Sale. So please take advantage of it.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:14 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
Tried to place an order with free shipping over $50. "doesn't apply to Florida". Probably doesn't apply to most places. BH is driving off customers with fake "specials".
Good evening dbc.

May I have the SKU Number of the item that you are interested in purchasing as well as your Zip/Postal Code please?

Sincerely,
Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined May 2012
29 Posts
Do you notice that when they do the free shipping, they are out of stock of 50-70% of their items!! Now they pull this stunt of jacking prices.way above of what you would have to pay for shipping Just in time for Christmas, now that's poor marketing tactics. Old expression, what goes around will come around. Still boils down to each one of us and what we will accept and what we will not!! They know if you want it bad enough you will,pay the price!!! Complaints do not solve issues, only action!!! Up to each one of us, then perhaps they will come around.
fullstrutt is offline Find More Posts by fullstrutt
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:23 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullstrutt View Post
Do you notice that when they do the free shipping, they are out of stock of 50-70% of their items!! Now they pull this stunt of jacking prices.way above of what you would have to pay for shipping Just in time for Christmas, now that's poor marketing tactics. Old expression, what goes around will come around. Still boils down to each one of us and what we will accept and what we will not!! They know if you want it bad enough you will,pay the price!!! Complaints do not solve issues, only action!!! Up to each one of us, then perhaps they will come around.
Agreed just don't buy from BH until buying foam makes sense again, i bought f4u corsair from TH for $319 and its fiberglass and balsa BH wants $419 for foam.
Last edited by Forrest Gump 23; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:13 PM
St. Louis
USA, MO, Ballwin
Joined Mar 2010
634 Posts
Horrible Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
Agreed just don't buy from BH until buying foam makes sense again, i bought f4u corsair from TH for $319 and its fiberglass and balsa BH wants $419 for foam.
Does BH read these posts? Or do they just respond with an automatic BS response?

You guys are waaaay out of touch with modern shopping habits in this hobby. FREE means FREE, not a hidden price increase. Do you really think we don't figure this out? You are taking advantage of the less experienced buyers.

Not the way to expand a business.
Foambird is offline Find More Posts by Foambird
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:55 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,756 Posts
............more Banana Insanity........ how can they not get the price that is shown is the list of planes...the same as when you click on a plane to order?

Banana continues to amaze.....and not in a good way.

Maybe if we are lucky the joke will end and 2013 will be better. Good Luck.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:14 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
............more Banana Insanity........ how can they not get the price that is shown is the list of planes...the same as when you click on a plane to order?

Banana continues to amaze.....and not in a good way.

Maybe if we are lucky the joke will end and 2013 will be better. Good Luck.
Don't hold your breath on that,
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:01 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,756 Posts
I know....wish it would be better. BH has nice planes.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:41 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
I know....wish it would be better. BH has nice planes.
I agree with you BH does have nice stuff, However you just like I proably have a hanger full of their jets as well as warbirds. But Its just upsetting when you patronize them like we do then fell mistreated by them.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
I'm not a BH fan but you all have to be the biggest bunch of idiots on the planet!! First do you really think that UPS is going to give a vendor free shipping because you do volume. HELL NO there not. They give a slight rate deduction but that all. So the vendor has to cover cost and the models in china are not penny on the dollar. You are lucky after you ship it here pay customs there cut and sell the model to make maybe 20% and out of that you have building rent, payroll, Insurance,advertising and other cost and you act like a bunch of little girls NOTHING IS FREE!!! Yes free shipping is not free you pay for it just not directly
GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!
warbirdguyn951 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdguyn951
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:49 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,756 Posts
Yep time to spend money elsewhere........
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:53 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCforithobbies View Post
I'm not a BH fan but you all have to be the biggest bunch of idiots on the planet!! First do you really think that UPS is going to give a vendor free shipping because you do volume. HELL NO there not. They give a slight rate deduction but that all. So the vendor has to cover cost and the models in china are not penny on the dollar. You are lucky after you ship it here pay customs there cut and sell the model to make maybe 20% and out of that you have building rent, payroll, Insurance,advertising and other cost and you act like a bunch of little girls NOTHING IS FREE!!! Yes free shipping is not free you pay for it just not directly
GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!
Hell yeah Free. When you say FREE SHIPPING that does not mean add $30 to base price. With the profit margins and price games and advertise a sale...make it a sale.

Try paying attention to what they do....talk about a circus.

Yep you are right...if you are stupid enough to cope with their games.... then you are the sucker.

This little girl will continue to whine about LOUSY Vendors. If you don't like it... move on... this thread is about the issue we see.

BH might have forgotten - CONSUMER IS KING.
Closed Thread