HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi pilots! In response to the recent price changes, our marketing team is currently working on further upcoming changes. I do appreciate the all of the feedback received here on RCGroups, therefore I will also work closely with our marketing team to ensure that your voices are heard. Please stay tuned! Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:15 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi pilots! In response to the recent price changes, our marketing team is currently working on further upcoming changes. I do appreciate the all of the feedback received here on RCGroups, therefore I will also work closely with our marketing team to ensure that your voices are heard. Please stay tuned! Thanks! -Seba
KUDOS BH Team for listening to your customers. This is a start.... and I appreciate you listening to make this hobby better.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Last edited by kydawg1; Nov 02, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:07 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
707 Posts
Quote:
You should look into the RC helicopter dealers, most ship free over $100.00, no over sized shipping and they make alot of money, they don't jack the price up and then give x amount off deals, Right now as its stands you have shot yourself's in the foot. It took me along time to order something from BH and now I'm back to really? I think not. prove me wrong.

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:35 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
Quote:
If your marketing team won't listen then we as customers must make you feel
the pain by not buying from BH, And im speaking for all the rest of us on the groups who buy from you. btw what theis an oversize fee.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined May 2012
29 Posts
I was going to make more purchase's, but with this "marketing" scheme, don't think they will see any of my hard earned money. Come on, ya think we are stupid, raise price's 10-30 percent, oh yea lets tack on a oversize fee then give free shipping!!! Man that's a great idea...Pete come on dude..I can now buy from RC Castle, PW-RC and Hobby Paradise and compete with your scheme, plus better get better CS..Folks lets stick together and show BH just how we feel. I will buy elsewhere now..
fullstrutt is offline Find More Posts by fullstrutt
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Jun 2012
430 Posts
I just crashed one of my BH planes. After i saw the new prices i dicided to se what other offers were on the other hobby shop I used to buy from, well they are ofering real free shippi g until november 8 and a cupon of $20 dolars off $150. Well the choice was easy beter wood plane at better out the door price.

I think if your going to sell epo, you should sell it as epo, but when prices start to be around the same as beter wood balsa planes. Your going to loose some sales
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:03 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Hello pilots.

I do apologize for the inconveniences that this had caused you. Please note that the prices did dropped. Unfortunately, the oversize fee still applies. Please visit http://www.bananahobby.com/shipping_policy.htm#oversize for more information in regards to that issue.

For those who are interested in purchasing with Banana Hobby, please note that we are currently having a promotion for free shipping on orders with the amount of $149 or more before shipping (if applicable, tax) as well as parts order with the amount of $50 or more. These 2 promotional deal will end November 18, 2012.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or Seba and we will be more than happy to further assist you. You may also PM me or email me directly if needed at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com and I will respond to you at my earliest convenience. Feedbacks are welcome as well.

I would like to thank all of you for the understanding, love, and support as you guys are the greatest.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined Jun 2012
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Hello pilots.

I do apologize for the inconveniences that this had caused you. Please note that the prices did dropped. Unfortunately, the oversize fee still applies. Please visit http://www.bananahobby.com/shipping_policy.htm#oversize for more information in regards to that issue.

For those who are interested in purchasing with Banana Hobby, please note that we are currently having a promotion for free shipping on orders with the amount of $149 or more before shipping (if applicable, tax) as well as parts order with the amount of $50 or more. These 2 promotional deal will end November 18, 2012.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or Seba and we will be more than happy to further assist you. You may also PM me or email me directly if needed at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com and I will respond to you at my earliest convenience. Feedbacks are welcome as well.

I would like to thank all of you for the understanding, love, and support as you guys are the greatest.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
So then after november 18th, its going to be your hight prices + shipping + oversized fee on top
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Jun 2012
430 Posts
I just looked at my last 2 purchases from the sep 6 and oct 12

on sep 6 I bought a free wing eurofighter, it was 276.38 shipped (today 299.90 shipped)

on oct 12 I boughta FMS 1700mm mustang it was 432.18 shipped (today 419.90 shipped)

so then you guys did drop the prices but on nov18th its over?
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:17 AM
United States, MD, Bethesda
Joined Sep 2012
267 Posts
Nancy,
I have a similar complaint and i just did e-mail you and hope you will read it.

Here's my post on a different thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1764935)

"Bananahobby is the worst. Its frustrating for newbees like me just getting back into the hobby to have to deal with a company that doesn't care for their customers. Pete talks a big game about the hobby and how great it is and all that but his company doesn't back up his message.

I got an ART-TECH AT6 and the wing showed up warped and the paint started falling off the moment you touched it. When the plane showed up i sent bananahobby an e-mail with photos of the problems. Long story short it took about a month or so to get me a coupon code (15%). They can't mail me a wing cause they don't have any in stock.

During the time when i was attempting to retrieve the coupon code the new FMS V7 mustangs came out for 165.00. I was waiting to get one with the coupon code so i could use the code to save money. Well now bananahobby offers free shipping on planes 149 and up and surprise surprise the V7 mustangs are 209. So here's how it works out.

Today:
If i buy the plane and use the free shipping option plane comes to 209 (without coupon code).

If i buy the plane and use my 15% off coupon the plane comes to 202. You may wonder why only 7 dollars difference. Well the management at bannanahobby decided to take away the free shipping the moment you use any coupon code (thus i would have to pay 30 for shipping). I called their sales team up and talked to them about this. I informed them of the $7 difference and told them that i know the new price of 209 has shipping included built into the price.. I asked them to remove the shipping cost out of the 209 so i could use the 15% against the 165 original price and then i'd have to pay for shipping. No luck. THey asked that I wait to use the 15% when free shipping was removed from the base price.

Sucks cause i'd rather give my money to a company that resides in the USA over hobbyking but....if bananahobby treats their customers this way i have no option."

This new pricing structure and coupons don't work because the moment you use a coupon you make the customer pay for the shipping. If this is the case you need to program your system to take the shipping cost out of the base price (which we know has shipping built into it. Nothing is ever free.) when a customer puts in his or her coupon. If you don't do this, your coupons arn't coupons because the price difference between using a coupon and not using a coupon are less than 10 dollars. Example, current base price with free shipping is 209. When i put in my coupon code the system should see this and put the price back to 165 (165 does not have shipping).

Anyway, i hope you will read my e-mail and take note of my and other complaints as i feel this complaint is justified and not right what BH is trying to do to me. Let me use my coupon without penalty. I truly do want to give a company based in the USA my money over companies like hobbyking but pulling moves such as those outlined above (including my coupon issue) doesn't give me much choice.

Oh and one more thing Nancy, you mentioned that at 10:03 last night prices dropped, I just checked today and the planes are the exact same price as they were yesterday and the day before that.

Thanks and have a good day,
Ryan
ryanbe15 is offline Find More Posts by ryanbe15
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:16 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,593 Posts
........also Nancy..... I bought a plane a couple weeks ago..... cheaper price sales price and normal shipping was overall LESS that current higher "sale price" plus oversize charge plus free shipping.

I don't know..... the BH FUZZY MATH is just not adding up to the best deal for the customers.

With all the BS.... I hope BH has some stellar Black Friday deals...... if you want to clean out the warehouse put up some sales with free shipping.... my cards are ready.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:28 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPE View Post
I just looked at my last 2 purchases from the sep 6 and oct 12

on sep 6 I bought a free wing eurofighter, it was 276.38 shipped (today 299.90 shipped)

on oct 12 I boughta FMS 1700mm mustang it was 432.18 shipped (today 419.90 shipped)

so then you guys did drop the prices but on nov18th its over?
Good morning PAPE.

Only the free shipping promotions for UPS Ground will be ending on November 18.
The Oversize Fee will stay, but as for the prices on the merchandises, I have yet to received any word as to when it will change. However, if and/or when I get more information in regards to the changing of the price, I will immediate post them here; therefore, allowing you to be aware of them.
I do wish for you to take advantage of the free shipping while it is still currently happening if you were to place an order with us. Reason being is that after the promotion for free shipping is over, then yes, you will be charged for the merchandise cost, the oversize fee (if the aircraft is an oversize aircraft), and the shipping cost.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:34 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Good morning ryanbe15.

I apologize for the inconveniences and I do understand your frustration.

I am currently doing the best to my abilities to help you regarding the issue that you're having with the discount coupon and the free shipping. Please note that it is not guaranteed that the request will be approved; however, I will do the best that I can regarding the matter. Once I obtain an update, I will immediately let you know.

Thank you for your patience thus far.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:38 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
........also Nancy..... I bought a plane a couple weeks ago..... cheaper price sales price and normal shipping was overall LESS that current higher "sale price" plus oversize charge plus free shipping.

I don't know..... the BH FUZZY MATH is just not adding up to the best deal for the customers.

With all the BS.... I hope BH has some stellar Black Friday deals...... if you want to clean out the warehouse put up some sales with free shipping.... my cards are ready.
Hello kydawg1.

I understand that the price change had caused some inconveniences.
I am currently pushing the issue and requesting to have the prices drop more for Black Friday, but unfortunately, it is not guaranteed that it will happen; however, I will do my best.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:34 PM
United States, MD, Bethesda
Joined Sep 2012
267 Posts
Guys,
I want to let you know that Nancy did get back to me and do appreciate her quick response. It does seem that when BH (Nancy at least) will do what she says. So Nancy, thanks for e-mailing me and note that i did e-mail you back.

Nancy, one thing i will say is why do i or other with complaints have to reach someone like you to make things right. I'm dealing with a similar issue with my new whirlpool refrigerator. If companies would do what is right to begin with, I think most people if not all are understanding but when we call to discuss the issue with the BH sales team and they tell me (us) there's nothing we can do it's frustrating. We know not everything is perfect and simply ask when things are not up to par that the company stand behind their product and correct the situation. It's equally frustrating that we have to resort to public forums to get any actions. The exact same thing happened with whirlpool. Once you start commenting in public forums, action finally happens.

Again i do appreciate you getting back to me and look forward to your e-mail response to me.

oh and in case your looking to buy a new fridge. Don't buy whirlpool
IMG 1340 (0 min 18 sec)

I have some planes that are quieter

Thanks again Nancy,
Ryan
ryanbe15 is offline Find More Posts by ryanbe15
Last edited by ryanbe15; Nov 07, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
Closed Thread