Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:48 AM
Semi Expert
iflyhelis's Avatar
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
Glue the grip & main frame crack with JB Weld it will hold it together like it was made of steel. Find a servo locally & you will be able to fly. I'm serious about the JB Weld it takes 24 hours to dry at 70 degrees F. but it is the hardest epoxy out there & does work well on that Delrin plastic. It will glue anything together.

Sorry to hear that you crashed!


Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Soooo, I confirm this bird flies really good.
Now... Here it's windy, all days almost... Plus I'm still learning 3D, then I had a crash yesterday loosing orientation on inverted circuits.
After checking everything damages seem to be:
-one broken main blade
-one broken main blade grip
-one broken servo (not stripped, motor not working anymore)
-broken tail plastic structure
-main frame cracked where top main bearing seats (I think that's the bad part)
Well parts are not so expensive, but I'll have to swap everything on a new frame and this will be a long work.
The dumbest thing to me is you need to buy the whole head because of a broken blade grip. They need to sell just the plastic grips, otherwise It will be cheaper to buy a different head, even if I think the plastic grips are good as in case of crash you save the main shaft, but to make it worth it they need to sell those grips alone.
I also think the plastic main frame needs thicker and reinforced walls around the top main bearing. It was not a really big crash, I think cracks around that area are not normal. Main frame should be more though.
Well, ordered some spare. And now wait. I'll let you know.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:16 AM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, La Oliva
Joined Apr 2012
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
Glue the grip & main frame crack with JB Weld it will hold it together like it was made of steel. Find a servo locally & you will be able to fly. I'm serious about the JB Weld it takes 24 hours to dry at 70 degrees F. but it is the hardest epoxy out there & does work well on that Delrin plastic. It will glue anything together.

Sorry to hear that you crashed!
Not sure if I can find JB weld here. I'll check. Thanks for the tip.
You know, I'm training 3D, it's windy... Well it happens. In the meantime I'll fly my copterx and the v120d02s
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:34 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Hexperience's Avatar
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,090 Posts
First hover today! In the lunch room at the office... Interesting. I don't know for sure, but I'd almost say it feels like a bigger version of the v120d02s v2.

Hard to say really, just hovering around a bit, but it did hold nice a stable. My settings were 100% everything no expo. Pitch curve -15%, 0, +70%. Throttle curve -100 to +100 straight.

Gyro at 60%. Very slight drift over about 2 minutes of no rudder correction. Not really sure about Walkera gyro settings yet... They say in the manual 75% 60% and 50% I think... isn't 50% OFF? Anyway, I'm sure it will all make sense at some point.

Biggest cool factor? Nice stable 450 size heli for less than a 130x.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
First hover today! In the lunch room at the office... Interesting. I don't know for sure, but I'd almost say it feels like a bigger version of the v120d02s v2.

Hard to say really, just hovering around a bit, but it did hold nice a stable. My settings were 100% everything no expo. Pitch curve -15%, 0, +70%. Throttle curve -100 to +100 straight.

Gyro at 60%. Very slight drift over about 2 minutes of no rudder correction. Not really sure about Walkera gyro settings yet... They say in the manual 75% 60% and 50% I think... isn't 50% OFF? Anyway, I'm sure it will all make sense at some point.

Biggest cool factor? Nice stable 450 size heli for less than a 130x.
Just wait tell you get outside. I didn't like stock settings so I changed them.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:21 AM
Mike
miketre's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Mine is fine but did cost me stock blades I'm use some hk yellow cf $9 blades also fg $5 hk yellow blades. I had ordered spare parts from

hobbywow

Do you have a link to those? I'm thinking of buying spare blades from hobbyking.
What do I need to look out form other than the blade length? Grip size?

Thinking of these
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...te_Black_.html
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:02 AM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, La Oliva
Joined Apr 2012
269 Posts
I tried these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...in_Blades.html and they fit and fly perfect.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:24 AM
Mike
miketre's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
I tried these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...in_Blades.html and they fit and fly perfect.
Thank You!
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:54 AM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
Do you have a link to those? I'm thinking of buying spare blades from hobbyking.
What do I need to look out form other than the blade length? Grip size?

Thinking of these
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...te_Black_.html
Mine came from the international store but those blades you linked to are to big need a 325mm. I bought them for my tarot 450 pro V2
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:55 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Hexperience's Avatar
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Just wait tell you get outside. I didn't like stock settings so I changed them.
I didn't touch the RX/Gyro at all and because I got the ARF (had a devo 8s already) I just wanted to spool it up. It was looking pretty good so I thought.. hey lets just lift it up a bit. Once I do get outside I'm sure I'll need to adjust a lot of settings to get it flying like a sim...
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:13 AM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
I didn't touch the RX/Gyro at all and because I got the ARF (had a devo 8s already) I just wanted to spool it up. It was looking pretty good so I thought.. hey lets just lift it up a bit. Once I do get outside I'm sure I'll need to adjust a lot of settings to get it flying like a sim...
I didn't change rx/gyro either just needed to change my setting in tx added -expo for rudd & twick my setting just alittle but got chased inside last weekend because of rain but will be off work until 1/1/13. I was going to buy the new V450D01 be changed to the tarot 450 pro V2 which is still a work in progress hopefully I will have that going soon then the fun will begin. I'm waiting on a better charge to come & more batteries. I did to get a chance to see some of the true power & handling this heli has great so far. p.s. Also have the BNF but mine came with a free 2600mah stock battery I'm using a Devo8S
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:11 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
I know this is not the topic but does the devo 8s already have a tweak so you can see the screen under the sun? I have a devo 8s as well but use my devo 10 more.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:58 AM
Mike
miketre's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
I was practicing flips and inverted hover when a bird attacked.
It looks like a crow. I guess it is probably nesting nearby.
Check it out.

Bird Attacks RC helicopter - Walkera V450D03 (1 min 36 sec)
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:56 PM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, La Oliva
Joined Apr 2012
269 Posts
Ripping with Walkera V450D03 -- Minor issues found (8 min 20 sec)
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Hi guys am interested in this heli,but i dont wanna get devo transmitter.what should i do get get it flying with flysky 9x.
Should i install a new 3 axis gyro receiver?
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:00 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
Hi guys am interested in this heli,but i dont wanna get devo transmitter.what should i do get get it flying with flysky 9x.
Should i install a new 3 axis gyro receiver?
You will have to replace Walkera the receiver with a FlySky receiver plus a FBL system of your choice. It should not be difficult to sell the Walkera receiver as that sells over $100 alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
I know this is not the topic but does the devo 8s already have a tweak so you can see the screen under the sun? I have a devo 8s as well but use my devo 10 more.
Some members have made custom skins that have a much higher contrast. I believe one was made by Gektor here. Otherwise, high contrast skins are also available for the Deviation firmware.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Walkera New V120D02S V2---NEW 6-Axis Gyro and Upgrade online receiver! bigflier Micro Helis 124 Dec 26, 2013 10:45 PM
Discussion Walkera New Product Forecast: V450D03 oomodel Large Electric Helis 3 Jul 04, 2013 02:09 AM
New Product Walkera's new Y6 and octo minis! ddoltar Multirotor Talk 3 Jun 12, 2012 01:01 PM
Sold Walkera CB100 Like New - Brushless Tail Motor Upgrade scharlach Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 11, 2012 06:48 PM
Sold Walkera 4G6S 4G3 4#6S 4G6 4#6 BL Brushless motor and walkera like new esc blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Feb 19, 2011 12:51 AM