You must be Happy-Happy!
yes I am
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:53 PM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
319 Posts
Soooo, I've been out flying my V450D03. Let me say that after 5 packs, I'm really satisfied with how it flies. Really good solid flying. Sport and mild 3D. Some inverted and messy tic tocs... But I'm not a good pilot
I'll let you know what's happening next days.
After these first flights I can surely tell it flies better than my copter x v4. Tail is rock solid and it flies smooth. No vibrations. So far I'm really happy with this bird.
Last edited by asp; Dec 19, 2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:30 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
644 Posts
User Handbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
If youre on Facebook, here is a link to the manual:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4021868&type=1
Thank you addi !

I noticed that it is now available on walkera's site :
http://walkera.com/cn/upload/explain/V450D03_expe.pdf

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:31 PM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
I found it real tough to get info on the 2703H-D RX & I had to email Walkera directly to get any info at all.

I have learned something here, when I bought my Devo 10 TX & the above RX I should have looked for the support docs on it, before I bought it. I have yet to do the so called setup after you change a link rod or any adjustment. Due to the bad documentations.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:46 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
319 Posts
Soooo, I confirm this bird flies really good.
Now... Here it's windy, all days almost... Plus I'm still learning 3D, then I had a crash yesterday loosing orientation on inverted circuits.
After checking everything damages seem to be:
-one broken main blade
-one broken main blade grip
-one broken servo (not stripped, motor not working anymore)
-broken tail plastic structure
-main frame cracked where top main bearing seats (I think that's the bad part)
Well parts are not so expensive, but I'll have to swap everything on a new frame and this will be a long work.
The dumbest thing to me is you need to buy the whole head because of a broken blade grip. They need to sell just the plastic grips, otherwise It will be cheaper to buy a different head, even if I think the plastic grips are good as in case of crash you save the main shaft, but to make it worth it they need to sell those grips alone.
I also think the plastic main frame needs thicker and reinforced walls around the top main bearing. It was not a really big crash, I think cracks around that area are not normal. Main frame should be more though.
Well, ordered some spare. And now wait. I'll let you know.

Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:26 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
asp, sorry about your crash. Hoefully there is no injury.

I maidened my V450D03 last evening and went through 3 packs this morning. Out of the box, swash looks level and blade seems to track well. However, the gyro knobs wasn't set up properly and the tail blew when giving it collective. It was a moderate push and not a full pump. After messing with the knobs, the tails doesn't kick out anymore.

I wonder what the 6 axis gyro is programmed to do. It doesn't really self level like a quad, when I bank it left and right (which is good). What I do notice is that when I do a sloppy forward flip, it tends to flatten the heli for me and it ends up perfectly inverted.
Anyone knows what exactly it is programmed to do?
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:58 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your crash. I am sure separate blade grips will be available soon. It is just that Walkera won't release a complete parts list until up to 4 weeks of the heli release. Therefore, it is generally a good idea not to risk a crash until all parts are available.

The best explanation I have seen for the 6 axis gyro comes from a member who is familiar with the Skookum 720. He says that the 6 axis gyro is only active around the central stick area. It tapers off rapidly towards the end of the stick. That would explain why the heli is so stable in hovering but would also explain why the heli is capable of 3D.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:04 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
I ordered a V450D03 from Banggood with the 7% coupon ($200.88 total w/free shipping = not bad at all!) But it kept showing "processing" since like 12-14, so last night I IM'd them on their chat window and they indicated that these helicopters are on backorder for around 15 days. Just a heads up - in case you guys are looking to buy.... It's still a great deal if you're willing to wait. One day, I'll come home and there will be a new 450 at my door. (Although I ordered it for practice on a 450 more than anything. One that I can crash without worrying too much. After that crash mentioned by asp, it sounds like it could be a real PAIN!)
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
319 Posts
Well, to me the worst is about the main frame... Apparently it cracks quite easy around the main shaft bearing area. Other than that it wouldn't be too much work to fix it.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:21 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,590 Posts
I crashed mine 3 rd flight not as bad as yours but link broke messed up main gear & cracked canopy found out tarot main gears are same size.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:53 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,101 Posts
Got mine from ehriobo
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/RC-Helic...duct_info.html

$209 plus shipping to Toronto Canada area for a total of $270. (130x is $279 plus tax....)

I've ordered from them many times and shipping is quick and reasonable cost. Most importantly, they never show items in stock if they are not.

I got it yesterday, haven't flown it yet or even really had a chance to look it over..... damn this working for a living...
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Last edited by Hexperience; Dec 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:01 PM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
I crashed mine 3 rd flight not as bad as yours but link broke messed up main gear & cracked canopy found out tarot main gears are same size.
Copter x main gear also works.
Did you check your main frame around the top bearing for cracks?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:48 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Delected
Last edited by vronny; Dec 19, 2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: delect double post
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Mine is fine but did cost me stock blades I'm use some hk yellow cf $9 blades also fg $5 hk yellow blades. I had ordered spare parts from

hobbywow