HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:54 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Here's a vid of the start up with the YEP esc.... I need to tune it, but so far I'd just say stick with the stock one...
V450D03 with YEP ESC (1 min 45 sec)
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:25 AM
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmacdon View Post
I use my devo 7e with Phoenix v4 and it works great, just set it up as a generic controller and you'll have to reverse a couple settings. I don't know about the d03, I want to go 450 size and almost bought it but the frame cracking issue and walkera servos I'm just afraid to get it. I may just build a clone instead, maybe tarot, I don't know I've only been learning on genious cp and super cp which I like but their track record with bigger Helis isn't very good.
Seems to run only on Windows. )-:
Any advice on a sim that runs on linux where I can use the Devo7e and train for the 450D03?
ulrichard is offline Find More Posts by ulrichard
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:52 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,201 Posts
Is there any parts on the d03 that could be interchanged with align/clone parts incase one crashes?
Considering stepping up from the micros(mini/master) but not going to buy something where i cant get any spares locally.
Being grounded for 3 weeks because your missing half a ball link is undescribably annoying.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:24 AM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
I know the main gear is the same and just from looking I'd say there are many other interchangable parts. Not everything of course...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:03 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
I know the main gear is the same and just from looking I'd say there are many other interchangeable parts. Not everything of course...
Would be nice to know though if feathering shaft / main axle / tail boom / blades and other common crash parts are interchangeable.

Though then again, if it crashes really bad one could always rebuild it with a copterx kit and the electronics.

Has anyone compared the gyro to a zyx?
Last edited by Xermalk; Feb 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:12 PM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
I have 3 copterX 3x1000 gyros. The rx2703h-d is a 6 axis gyro that has little bit of self leveling. I still can't figure out the actual math behind it, but basically if you are at center stick it will try to self level based on how fast it's moving on the axis. So for example if you are flipping and its rotating quickly around the x axis if you let your finger off the stick, it will pop to level inverted. But if you push it forward for forward movement it will stay that way even if you release the stick. It will really slowly start to level out, but you almost can't feel it and by the time you do start to feel it, it's time to turn.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:44 PM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Would be nice to know though if feathering shaft / main axle / tail boom / blades and other common crash parts are interchangeable.

Though then again, if it crashes really bad one could always rebuild it with a copterx kit and the electronics.

Has anyone compared the gyro to a zyx?
I have some clone and align feathering and main shafts but they are different in length or shape. Of course we can use a different head and different main shaft.
I've successfully replaced with align or clone parts the tail shaft, tail blades (rcx carbon), main gears and one way bearing (kds), main blades (both HK carbon 3d and rcx carbon work flawlessy).
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:49 PM
United States, GA, Hoschton
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
I finally got my 3rd flight under my belt. Nothing broke this time amazingly . My track record with this bird has not been good. Tonight I encountered yet another problem. The tail keeps washing out. It will not hold the head steady and it keeps (the head) turning to the left. The belt seems tight enough, no stripped gears. Only thing I can think to do is adjust the horn on the tail servo. Any thoughts?
Jsquared32 is offline Find More Posts by Jsquared32
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:09 PM
USA, CA, El Segundo
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
what do you mean by washing out? does it lose rudder control when you pirouettes? or when you try to turn left or right?
para5063 is offline Find More Posts by para5063
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:16 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsquared32 View Post
I finally got my 3rd flight under my belt. Nothing broke this time amazingly . My track record with this bird has not been good. Tonight I encountered yet another problem. The tail keeps washing out. It will not hold the head steady and it keeps (the head) turning to the left. The belt seems tight enough, no stripped gears. Only thing I can think to do is adjust the horn on the tail servo. Any thoughts?
Try adding some Silicone lubricant to the bearings, and other parts in the tail. If it was flying OK then suddenly started showing problems it could just be that.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:02 PM
United States, GA, Hoschton
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by para5063 View Post
what do you mean by washing out? does it lose rudder control when you pirouettes? or when you try to turn left or right?
Pirouettes... Now thats funny, I don't care who you are.

One day maybe but no pirouettes yet. The tail drifts to the right while hovering. The tail starts moving to the right when in a hover or straight flight. Any ideas ?
Jsquared32 is offline Find More Posts by Jsquared32
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:07 PM
USA, CA, El Segundo
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
What do you have your gyro set to? Do you have it tagged to the MIX switch? On your TX, set Position 2 to '40' - it will put you in Rate Mode. Try hovering, adjust the length of your tail push rod until it does not rotate on hover while in rate mode. Then put your Gyro Gain back to Position 0 or Position 1 for Heading Hold.
para5063 is offline Find More Posts by para5063
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:22 PM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
On my v450d03, when in HH mode but no power to the motor, i.e. just sitting there, the tail servo doesn't hold position, it just acts like it's still in rate mode. Maybe it's only been in rate mode all along, but if it has, it's the best rate mode I've ever felt...

It has the same behavior whether the gyro value is above 50 or below 50.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:20 AM
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
Well had my first crash today with the D03. I was doing some low passes with a steep climb to RTT. On the way back passing from R to L the heli was leaning to the left and drifting towards me when I went to level it out I gave it more left aleron instread of right and rolled it strail into the ground form about 7 feet up. Destroyed both main blades, a tail blade, threw a pc link and broke the rod end of the other link, chewed up the main gear, and broke the canopy. This was my 10th flight with this heli, so I guess it isnt that bad of a track record for a noob.

Where is the best place to order new parts? Wow-hobbies doesnt ship to APO so that site it out of luck.
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Last edited by Adrnln Jnke; Feb 14, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:27 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrnln Jnke View Post
Well had my first crash today with the D03. I was doing some low passes with a steep climb to RTT. On the way back passing from R to L the heli was leaning to the left and drifting towards me when I went to level it out I gave it more left aleron instread of right and rolled it strail into the ground form about 7 feet up. Destroyed both main blades, a tail blade, threw a pc link and broke the rod end of the other link, chewed up the main gear, and broke the canopy. This was my 10th flight with this heli, so I guess it isnt that bad of a track record for a noob.

Where is the best place to order new parts? Wow-hobbies doesnt ship to APO so that site it out of luck.
You might want to check the feathering shaft and mainshaft so their not bent, sounds like you hit quite hard.

And i was just about to suggest chinese jade / terrence but see that he only stocks parts for the smaller walkeras like the master,mini and the quads.