Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:46 PM
Registered User
Adrnln Jnke's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
Heres a question, does anybody know of a taller skid set that will fit the 450d03?

Like I said in an eailer post, I'm trying to mount my Gopro under my heli but the skids sit to close to the body.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Last edited by Adrnln Jnke; Feb 10, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
DSMx is working. I bind my blade nano and my 300x to my 8s in dsmx mode.

All I'll say is that my personal experience with the 300x has been a bad one. Nothing to do with the deviation firmware, just talking about the heli itself. Who knows, I might have just got a lemon.
What don't you like about it?
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:08 PM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Does anyone know the trick to getting the tail boom off of the D03? Do I need to remove the receiver off of the mount to get to a vertical screw that goes through the boom?

Thanks for any help!
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Does anyone know the trick to getting the tail boom off of the D03? Do I need to remove the receiver off of the mount to get to a vertical screw that goes through the boom?

Thanks for any help!
Here's a link to the assembly diagram.
http://image.helipal.com/helipal-wal...03-diagram.jpg
You may have to remove the RX tray to get to the clamp bolt that holds the boom in.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:47 PM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Here's a link to the assembly diagram.
http://image.helipal.com/helipal-wal...03-diagram.jpg
You may have to remove the RX tray to get to the clamp bolt that holds the boom in.
Thank you, I thought I would have to take it off. How inconvenient.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:32 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Hexperience's Avatar
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
What don't you like about it?
Tail servo failed after the 4th hover. Ar7200bx is faulty and cuts power. (does this on dx6i too. Not a deviation problem)

I installed a 2702v for now... But i was expecting more than a couple of months out of the ar7200bx.
Hexperience is online now Find More Posts by Hexperience
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:37 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Hexperience's Avatar
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,094 Posts
I installed my 45 amp YEP last night. The slow start works pretty well. I can put the throttle at mid stick and pop off throttle hold and it spins up nicely with no shakes. Its not as slow as the turnigy AE series but has more features.
Hexperience is online now Find More Posts by Hexperience
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:09 AM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Does anyone know the trick to getting the tail boom off of the D03? Do I need to remove the receiver off of the mount to get to a vertical screw that goes through the boom?

Thanks for any help!
There are 5 screws at each side of the main frame towards the rear (so 10 screws in total).
When you remove these screws and disconnect the throttle connector and tail rotor servo connector from the Rx, you can remove the whole tail boom, it's very easy and convenient. No need to remove the Rx wich is mounted on the main frame.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:35 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Tail servo failed after the 4th hover. Ar7200bx is faulty and cuts power. (does this on dx6i too. Not a deviation problem)

I installed a 2702v for now... But i was expecting more than a couple of months out of the ar7200bx.
The reason I asked is that I'm having problems with my 300X also. I removed the BX, and replaced it with a 2702V. I'll fly it tomorrow to see how it goes. I'll be using a Devo 8 with Deviation.
You can PM me if you want to continue this conversation since it's off thread.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:33 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Hexperience's Avatar
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,094 Posts
You're right!

To get back on topic I have a question... Which Bind plug did the v450d03 come with? I have a few of them sitting on my bench and can't remember if it was a walkera style or normal one?

Also, is it just me or does the tail not do "heading hold"? I've been flying it fine the way it is, but on every other FBL heli I have I am able to put it into rate mode and HH mode. When in HH mode moving the rudder stick makes the tail move then Hold position. On the v450d03, it acts like rate mode all the time. Again... flies fine, doesn't feel like rate mode.
Hexperience is online now Find More Posts by Hexperience
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:12 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
Is there a chance that I can hook up my Devo7e to a simulator?
If I plug it in, it's not even recognized.
lsusb doesn't display anything fresh, and dmesg | tail the following :
[ 989.104580] usb 6-2: new full-speed USB device number 9 using ohci_hcd
[ 989.512336] usb 6-2: device not accepting address 9, error -62
[ 989.512364] hub 6-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
[ 1465.340415] usb 2-2.4.1: USB disconnect, device number 7

BTW, which sim would you recommend?
ulrichard is offline Find More Posts by ulrichard
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:59 PM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
There are 5 screws at each side of the main frame towards the rear (so 10 screws in total).
When you remove these screws and disconnect the throttle connector and tail rotor servo connector from the Rx, you can remove the whole tail boom, it's very easy and convenient. No need to remove the Rx wich is mounted on the main frame.

Roland
Hey, thanks! I just saw that you posted this... I appreciate that.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:23 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I think the main problem with these is the name Walkera!~
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:24 PM
Southern cal. Flyer
Joined Jan 2013
46 Posts
I use my devo 7e with Phoenix v4 and it works great, just set it up as a generic controller and you'll have to reverse a couple settings. I don't know about the d03, I want to go 450 size and almost bought it but the frame cracking issue and walkera servos I'm just afraid to get it. I may just build a clone instead, maybe tarot, I don't know I've only been learning on genious cp and super cp which I like but their track record with bigger Helis isn't very good.
Robmacdon is offline Find More Posts by Robmacdon
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:25 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, El Segundo
Joined Jan 2011
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmacdon View Post
I use my devo 7e with Phoenix v4 and it works great, just set it up as a generic controller and you'll have to reverse a couple settings. I don't know about the d03, I want to go 450 size and almost bought it but the frame cracking issue and walkera servos I'm just afraid to get it. I may just build a clone instead, maybe tarot, I don't know I've only been learning on genious cp and super cp which I like but their track record with bigger Helis isn't very good.
If you can fly the Genius CP and Super CP, you can most definitely fly the V450D03. The frame of the D03 is fairly strong. Give it a try, I think you'll be surprised.
para5063 is offline Find More Posts by para5063
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Walkera New V120D02S V2---NEW 6-Axis Gyro and Upgrade online receiver! bigflier Micro Helis 124 Dec 26, 2013 10:45 PM
Discussion Walkera New Product Forecast: V450D03 oomodel Large Electric Helis 3 Jul 04, 2013 02:09 AM
New Product Walkera's new Y6 and octo minis! ddoltar Multirotor Talk 3 Jun 12, 2012 01:01 PM
Sold Walkera CB100 Like New - Brushless Tail Motor Upgrade scharlach Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 11, 2012 06:48 PM
Sold Walkera 4G6S 4G3 4#6S 4G6 4#6 BL Brushless motor and walkera like new esc blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Feb 19, 2011 12:51 AM