SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:58 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
That's a ridiculous statement. I have been using my Devo 7 for a few months now and it's anything but throwaway. The thing it lacks is a USB port for upgrades, but this transmitter has all the programming you could ask for, except the limited number of models(15). If you want telemetry a touch screen and the usb update capabability, go for an 8s, but there is Nothing wrong with the Devo 7 and it's definitely NOT a throwaway. I have been doing this for a while, and actually have some rather cheap transmitters and know the difference. Jim
There is no need to get upset about this. I am not implying that the Devo 7 itself is of lower quality. It is a full hobby grade transmitter which is of much high quality build than the Devo 7e. What I mean is that that the interface is so cumbersome to use that many will want to upgrade to another one in the Devo line later on.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Feb 09, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:31 AM
Registered User
Philippines, Central Luzon, City of San Fernando
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
hopefully i don't experience the lost of control with my transmitter again. just finished repairing my v450d03 and set the power output of tx to +20, it was at +5 before. praying tomorrow goes well.
voltzmd is offline Find More Posts by voltzmd
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:13 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltzmd View Post
hopefully i don't experience the lost of control with my transmitter again. just finished repairing my v450d03 and set the power output of tx to +20, it was at +5 before. praying tomorrow goes well.
Good luck Volt. Let us know how it goes.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:17 PM
Registered User
Jimbo45cn's Avatar
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
wrong post
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Last edited by Jimbo45cn; Feb 09, 2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: no need
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:23 PM
Registered User
Jimbo45cn's Avatar
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
There is no need to get upset about this. I am not implying that the Devo 7 itself is of lower quality. It is a full hobby grade transmitter which is of much high quality build than the Devo 7e. What I mean is that that the interface is so cumbersome to use that many will want to upgrade to another one in the Devo line later on.
OK, no problem, but the way you worded it makes it sound like the 7 is a cheap throwaway, (actually that's what you said) and to someone that does not know about these transmitters, makes them sound like they are no good, when in fact this transmitter is very good. The programming is different, but like many other transmitters I have owned, once you get used to it, really no big deal. I am still testing the 7,but if it continues to perform for me as well as it does now, will be going to the 8 or 10. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:06 PM
Registered User
Adrnln Jnke's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
okay,
So I have seen a video on youtube that a guy mounted a gopro unerneath his v450d03 and it looked liked it had some room to spare. has anybody tried mounting a gopro under their 450? If so how were you able to moutn it with out it hittinf the ground?

walkera v450d03 gopro hero 2.mp4 (6 min 30 sec)
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Just ordered the V450D03 with the 8s. It's coming from Hong Kong so I'm assuming it will be a bit delayed with the holiday there right now.
TommyB33 is offline Find More Posts by TommyB33
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:13 PM
Registered User
Adrnln Jnke's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
inverted flying

So, I am going to attempt some easy inverted flying today. Just wondering with this heli and a devo 7 stock settings, how much neg collective do i need to give for stable inverted hover.

I have practiced a lot a sim, but a sim is not the real thing.
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
So I went with the 8s like I said. Did I read somewhere that it can be "hacked" to work with Blade DSMX helicopters?
TommyB33 is offline Find More Posts by TommyB33
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:57 PM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
327 Posts
http://www.deviationtx.com
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Thanks. I already poked through that site. It says DSMx is "in progress" which I'm not quite sure what that means. I am also looking at a Blade 300x as another heli to play with in my warehouses etc. and would like to be able to use the 8s with it. Since its FBL, it is DSMx not DSM2. Would prefer not to have to buy another transmitter.
TommyB33 is offline Find More Posts by TommyB33
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:31 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrnln Jnke View Post
So, I am going to attempt some easy inverted flying today. Just wondering with this heli and a devo 7 stock settings, how much neg collective do i need to give for stable inverted hover.

I have practiced a lot a sim, but a sim is not the real thing.
Use a pitch gauge, and set the pitch range from -12 to +12.
Set a linear curve in ST1 from 0 to 100.
Set a fixed THR curve in ST1 at 90%
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:45 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Hexperience's Avatar
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB33 View Post
Thanks. I already poked through that site. It says DSMx is "in progress" which I'm not quite sure what that means. I am also looking at a Blade 300x as another heli to play with in my warehouses etc. and would like to be able to use the 8s with it. Since its FBL, it is DSMx not DSM2. Would prefer not to have to buy another transmitter.
DSMx is working. I bind my blade nano and my 300x to my 8s in dsmx mode.

All I'll say is that my personal experience with the 300x has been a bad one. Nothing to do with the deviation firmware, just talking about the heli itself. Who knows, I might have just got a lemon.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:25 AM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB33 View Post
Thanks. I already poked through that site. It says DSMx is "in progress" which I'm not quite sure what that means. I am also looking at a Blade 300x as another heli to play with in my warehouses etc. and would like to be able to use the 8s with it. Since its FBL, it is DSMx not DSM2. Would prefer not to have to buy another transmitter.
dsm2 works with dsmx, anyway.
it means you bind a dsm2 tx with a dsmx rx, they will use dsm2 protocol.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:36 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
DSMx is working. I bind my blade nano and my 300x to my 8s in dsmx mode.

All I'll say is that my personal experience with the 300x has been a bad one. Nothing to do with the deviation firmware, just talking about the heli itself. Who knows, I might have just got a lemon.
Thanks. I sent you a PM but I'm not sure it went through. Let me know if you didn't get it.
TommyB33 is offline Find More Posts by TommyB33
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Walkera's new Y6 and octo minis! ddoltar Multirotor Talk 6 Nov 08, 2014 12:06 PM
New Product Walkera New V120D02S V2---NEW 6-Axis Gyro and Upgrade online receiver! bigflier Micro Helis 129 Oct 02, 2014 09:48 PM
Discussion Walkera New Product Forecast: V450D03 oomodel Large Electric Helis 3 Jul 04, 2013 03:09 AM
Sold Walkera CB100 Like New - Brushless Tail Motor Upgrade scharlach Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 11, 2012 07:48 PM
Sold Walkera 4G6S 4G3 4#6S 4G6 4#6 BL Brushless motor and walkera like new esc blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Feb 19, 2011 01:51 AM