SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:31 AM
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The V450D03 comes bundled with the Devo 7 to make the price as low as possible. This is definitely a RTF package. The Devo 7 is basically regarded as a throwaway transmitter by Walkera. You are expected to upgrade to a different transmitter as you progress.
Thanks. Looks like another $100 to upgrade to the 8s.
TommyB33 is offline Find More Posts by TommyB33
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:02 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
653 Posts
Quote:
The V450D03 comes bundled with the Devo 7 to make the price as low as possible. This is definitely a RTF package. The Devo 7 is basically regarded as a throwaway transmitter by Walkera. You are expected to upgrade to a different transmitter as you progress.
Are you sure you speak about the Devo 7, and not the Devo 7e ?
The Devo7 is a very capable transmitter, it has 100 mW output power, and has the same hardware as the Devo 10.
It can "only" handle 15 models of planes or helis, and is a little awkward to programm at first, but even a dumbhead as me can do it.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:22 AM
USA, CA, El Segundo
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Is there a master list of non-Walkera spare parts that fit the V450D03 ?

I flew my V450D03 yesterday for the first time. After two years of flying, crashing, flying, crashing my M120D01 and V120D02S, the V450D03 seemed tame more predictable in response. I am quite impressed by its out-of-the box stability. All I did was grease the gears, oil the bearings and check the swash level.

Looking forward to more flights with this bird. Now if only the weather will cooperate this weekend.
para5063 is offline Find More Posts by para5063
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:02 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Are you sure you speak about the Devo 7, and not the Devo 7e ?
The Devo7 is a very capable transmitter, it has 100 mW output power, and has the same hardware as the Devo 10.
It can "only" handle 15 models of planes or helis, and is a little awkward to programm at first, but even a dumbhead as me can do it.

Roland
Roland, the main problem with the Devo 7 is its two line screen. It causes a great annoyance to many people. The Devo 7e actually costs more than the Devo 7. The Devo 10 was reportedly tested by the FCC recently to have an output of only 20 mW. Whereas the Devo 8S has an output of 150mW. Someone here complained recently about the range of the Devo 7.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817875
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:57 PM
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
7e upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
7 or 7e? The 7E has a max range of around 80m unless you modify or replace the transmitter module.
Is this an official upgrade or a hack? Is it documented somewhere hwo one would proceed to perform this upgrade?
ulrichard is offline Find More Posts by ulrichard
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:01 PM
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
esc replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Probably just a faulty esc and the first time you connected it to the battery it was enough to unchain the problem.
Try to contact your vendor and ask for a substitution.
I got a new esc from the local rc shop today. It costs more than twice as much as the original part, but I didn't want to wait another month for the thing to ship from china.
The motor works again.
So now I'm looking forward to the first flight.
ulrichard is offline Find More Posts by ulrichard
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:22 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
The stock battery is 117mm anything longer would not fit. The turnigy 2200mah 35C are good and you could try zippy compact 2450mah 35c 3S batteries & nano-tech 2200mah 45C 3S are also good. May want to order from USA if possible because its about chinese new year time an there will be a long delay
Thanks for the info vronny. I am looking into getting a V450D03 and was looking at the BNF with no batteries or charger from 9imod. $255 shipped!

http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...oducts_id=2070
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Last edited by nascar1929; Feb 08, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
Hey guys, Here is picture for that I though that y'all might like.

Heres my little heli next to my real heli.

Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:00 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,257 Posts
Quote:
That's a ridiculous statement. I have been using my Devo 7 for a few months now and it's anything but throwaway. The thing it lacks is a USB port for upgrades, but this transmitter has all the programming you could ask for, except the limited number of models(15). If you want telemetry a touch screen and the usb update capabability, go for an 8s, but there is Nothing wrong with the Devo 7 and it's definitely NOT a throwaway. I have been doing this for a while, and actually have some rather cheap transmitters and know the difference. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:02 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,257 Posts
Quote:
Roland, the main problem with the Devo 7 is its two line screen. It causes a great annoyance to many people. The Devo 7e actually costs more than the Devo 7. The Devo 10 was reportedly tested by the FCC recently to have an output of only 20 mW. Whereas the Devo 8S has an output of 150mW. Someone here complained recently about the range of the Devo 7.

That was a 7E, not a 7, I have tested mine to over 200 yards with no problem.
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:49 PM
United States, GA, Hoschton
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Ok, so I am becoming more than a little irritated with my V450D03. This is basically the 3rd time I have flown it. The first time I had a bolt on the main shaft shear off and today the OWB failed. By failed I mean the thing disintegrated. I did have a somewhat rough landing but that is it. The next time I tried to spin up the blades.....nothing. If I keep having this kind of luck this thing will be posted in the FOR SALE section in no time flat.
Jsquared32 is offline Find More Posts by Jsquared32
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsquared32 View Post
Ok, so I am becoming more than a little irritated with my V450D03. This is basically the 3rd time I have flown it. The first time I had a bolt on the main shaft shear off and today the OWB failed. By failed I mean the thing disintegrated. I did have a somewhat rough landing but that is it. The next time I tried to spin up the blades.....nothing. If I keep having this kind of luck this thing will be posted in the FOR SALE section in no time flat.
oh man, sorry to hear about your troubles. I know the feeling of a new toy going south very quickly. It tends to leave a bad taste in your mouth about the product. Fix her nice and proper and hopefully shell treat you well.
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:48 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
That was a 7E, not a 7, I have tested mine to over 200 yards with no problem.

The video in that post is definitely a Devo 7 rather than a Devo 7E. I have a 7E and it looks completely different. I questioned him on another thread whether his transmitter was defective. Whatever the real situation is, you have to be aware that some people may have problems with it.

Walkera Devo 7 Transmitter Range Test (7 min 5 sec)
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:27 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
Thanks for the info vronny. I am looking into getting a V450D03 and was looking at the BNF with no batteries or charger from 9imod. $255 shipped!

http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...oducts_id=2070
Miracle-Mart has a BNF for $259 that comes with stock batteries & free shipping. When I bought mine on black friday weekend they had 10% off coupon which came out to $235 with the same deal. I also like the belt drive alot more forgiving than TT
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:38 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrnln Jnke View Post
Hey guys, Here is picture for that I though that y'all might like.

Heres my little heli next to my real heli.

nice!
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp